ITT: bands that debuted with their Magnum Opus

ITT: bands that debuted with their Magnum Opus

While I like that album more and think it's their best, I don't feel like it's their Magnum Opus, in the sense of total body of art.

Here Comes the Indian, Feels, and ODDSAC all seem better candidates for 'magnum opus'.

jej

Great taste user, although I prefer LCW, A long drive is a close second.

not technically a band, but fuck you

Funny, I was just listening to that.
Finished with C.R.E.A.M. since I'm about to go to bed.
Feeling around an 8.5 to a 9.5 right now.
Not 100% sure.
The first track was the worst so far but I've enjoyed it all none the less.

>inb4 Rollercoaster

W
H
A
T

I can't pick a best RHP album. I listen to the last 3 more than the first 3 though.

easy one

the strokes
inb4 "room on fire is better"

wrong faggot

And then again on Red and then again on Discipline

>CREAM worst on the album
this nigga

Larks' Tongues, SABB, Lizard, Islands >>> ITCOTCK

Sometimes I wonder if the people who spout this "debut is the best KC album" meme ever bothered to listen to any of their other work besides Red and Discipline. It's a good, maybe even great album, but it sounds incredibly dated and the cheesy mellotron makes some tracks almost unlistenable.

Death Grips

>besides Red and Discipline
I've listened to all of their work quite a bit and I still think these are their two best. If I hadn't been introduced to them via ITCOTCK I would probably prefer In the Wake of Poseidon, which is essentially just a better remake. That being said, the other two of the 80s trilogy and their early 2000s output are overlooked way too often. Adrian Belew added so much to the band.

Bring da Ruckus is the first track on the album you dip

Oh shit yeah.
Thats what I get for re-arranging my playlist to have CREAM first

edgy

That's not Tago Mago

It's future days

Future Days > Tago Mago > Ege Bamyasi > Soundtracks > Soon Over Babaluma > Monster Movie > Delay > the rest

Interpol