Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/imLANaF0juM
youtu.be/9ckp5CYBBjE
youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7DZ7HPXck
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Those are some seriously cool PS1

Oldie but a goodie

whats up with those cables?

Nothing special. They are just normal "higher quality" cables.

w-w-w-whats up w-w-with thhhose calbles?

That's some serious shit right there

good bread

>puts headphones back on
>ah, that's better

okay but real talk if you isolate the cable, physically, from surfaces that like... brushing/contact noises can happen (best example is with earbud cables brushing against your jacket) you dont get that irritating thing where you have to position yourself so that you're not moving to stop that noise from happening

Do you know what's worse than audiophiles? People who complain about them

Electron flow control

We don't complain about audiophiles, we just make fun of their dumb hobby.

>Looking for /ag/
>This is the only thread up

Every "audio general" thread there is at least one cunt who non stop attacks people who spent more than $100 on their setup

can somone explain why they use a ps1?

Early PS1 versions were supposed to have this super amazing DAC. It really isn't though. Slightly better than an "OK" rating

A fool and his money...

I'm not a big audio guy, but what's with the playstation shit in the OP?

is there something behind using a ps1?

QUESTION about audioPHILES, they spend tons of moolah on their setup to enjoy music more right? Are most audiophiles also musicians? Do they know what the instruments are supposed to sound like? Do they prefer live performances? Do audiophiles ever worry that they're getting an inferior experience if the artist just used Sony reference headphones? They insulate their electric cables, surely they prefer an analogue method instead - maybe getting MIDI or something and using a keyboard to replicate the music?

No, early revision PS1s used high end DACs and drives for the time, for the price. Specially compared to more expensive CD players of the time.
Same thing with PS2s being used for DVD players and PS3s for Blu Ray players.

My one speaker costs several times more than 100€.
That's just some poorfag bitching like always. Every thread has those.

See

Actually audiophiles are way worse

You can tell someone is a tryhard when they listen to digital music through tube amps

THICC

can those PS1s actually play anything

music

i mean games, sorry

Why would you want to play games on a high-end CD player?

but it's a console
sure it plays music from CDs but it should still retain the ability of a console

You think too high of them nigga. The average audiophile is dumber than a rock, but has much money to spend on overpriced stuff.

ROFL

So nice there's a thread for poorfags who can't afford good audio.

Attached: 1517591769563.png (500x376, 259K)

I'm happy they exist.
I wouldn't wanna listen to 0.441kHz music at 0.00320kbps quality.

>let's use battery because fuck the noise from the government electricity

Attached: battery2.jpg (698x524, 177K)

i always wondered what do these guys listen to through their high end audio setups?

tell me they don't listen to 1970s progressive rocked recorded through a cheap 8 track console...

in russia there exists vector psychology of burlan
long story short it is a meme for that ppl still cavemen an etc
and some tribemen are born with audiofetish like to hear when animals attack

they are prob audiophiles

Attached: 1520060789032.jpg (634x476, 73K)

yes, this!

Attached: usb cable for audiophile.jpg (598x417, 125K)

Probably jazz or classical on a SACD or something

Steely Dan and those songs with a white woman singing african lyrics that were so popular in the 90s

>are most audiophiles also musicians?
There's "audiophile" musicians like guitarists who will spend lots of $$$ on shit that "gives better tone" or whatever that is neglible and a waste of money at best. There's not really much overlap from what I've noticed though.

>high end DAC

>THD+N=-84dB
>SNR=-90dB

could PS1 play SACD?

Courtesy of /hpg/

Attached: CB880E8726454B489166B28E1C191476.jpg (1212x1585, 495K)

Looks more like that they are being used as a backup in a factory. But bad electricity can actually give you real problems, so it's not something to joke about.
I own $15K speakers and ordered dac+amps for $9K last week, and plan on using $10/meter cables.
Start it yourself. Almost no interest for HI-FI here.

youtu.be/imLANaF0juM

Attached: pol_pl_Furutech-NCF-Booster-podstawka-pod-kable-2437_3.jpg (1067x800, 208K)

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 6K)

>cables arbitrarily crossing over each other
>not even arranged in a pentagram
2/10

Very nice, smooths out that 50hz just right.

That's not the point of power-products. The point is to lower the impedance in the net.

Captain, i'm detecting large amounts of technobabble in this sector, what are your orders?

Attached: c26128371a5a8f3f1b19209ca1a8fea47a4dbd1c.jpg (880x660, 129K)

To perfectly cut the corners of CDs before ripping them.

Attached: www.svalander.se.jpg (500x553, 53K)

I don't think the conversion from 120v ac to 12v or whatever is going to be much affected by that.

That's you thinking.
I've seen measurements proving that a lower impedance gives lower distortion and voltage drops in the net. There's even a guideline in my country that the impedance in a outlet should not be over 0.8ohms.

Please... Someone has to tell this guy how dumb he actually sounds...

The engineers must have had a good laugh, thinking about the idiots buying this crap because of "tech terms".

Your system is not good enough for you to hear the difference ;)

There is likely a measurable difference

> held together by two sturdy rubber bands
What a load of hogwash. That's such a scam product.

There is something to this, though, I'll grant that pathetic beta that much. I tired a bunch of cables going from my computer together, just wanted it to look clean and didn't think about it, and I got some humming noise from my stereo. Just "isolating" that cable from the others so it's not right next to HDMI and power and who knows what makes that go away. If you get that kind of interference from your floor then you've probably got some bigger problems.

Nice blades though.

BOOSTING PERFORMANCE
NFC - NANOCRYSTAL FORMULA

Bigger sound AUTHORITY

The humming could be from distortion in the mains entering the transformer.
It could be because components are connected to different mains outputs and having different voltages/ground.
It could be from electrical/magnetic interference from cables or transformers entering the signal path.
A problem here in my country is that one can actually plug the power cables the wrong way.
youtu.be/9ckp5CYBBjE
Yes very. Blade are probably the sexiest speakers on the market.

Attached: www.svalander.se.jpg (600x600, 119K)

What's with the lightbulbs?

What is this? Does it supply its own power? Cause i fucking need that. My PC USB power is so fucking noisy.

Tube amp

Bottleheads sound like objective shit, I feel bad if you get memed into building one.

can human ears actually detect these differences and shit or these people just memeing?

Attached: esfedvn7cbsmx3r9zevk (1).jpg (800x450, 35K)

To you maybe

If you did just one thing, no. But add up enough and sure. It will never be night and day difference like many seem to assume however. Subtle differences

>But add up enough and sure
>Subtle differences
how about no you brainwashed audiofool

Hmmm,. Bottlehead has been in business selling diy kits for 23 years. Must be luck.

Wow, you sure told me

schiit tier levels of audio foolery

Attached: ab46d4c9702ccbc0adc921a6da9220b8300ab034.jpg (2144x1424, 521K)

or must be the fact that retards like you still buy their stuff despite it being bad because you let others form your opinions for you and don't have any technical knowledge nor critical hearing ability.

As someone who's had exposure to high bit/sample rate music played through both a professional setup and my relatively 'budget' setup ($300 headphones and $200 DAC/amp is all I use), I can say that there's definitely major improvement when you get high quality audio files and a decent system. But otherwise any improvements drastically decrease with diminishing returns in quality and ever more expensive equipment.

As men typically do with hobbies, audiophiles will spend lot of money on upgrades and become both very invested in and particular about these minor improvements as this maintains sound engineering as something that occupies an audiophile's head. But to most, I would say a few informed purchases of """middle-end""" equipment is all you need.

the improvements don't exist and you're as delusional as the audiophiles that spent thousands on gear, you just can't afford it.

>baseless conjecture

>baseless claim being refuted
>think it's a baseless conjecture
delusional

Nice projection :^)

show me an amplifier you've designed

youtube.com/watch?v=yZ7DZ7HPXck

Show me on the doll where the hi-fI stereo touched you

The human ear is pretty amazing. Just did some quick math, and either I fucked up the math or the ear is totemo sugoi

The quietest sound that can be detected by the human ear is 0 dB at 1000 Hz (this serves as the reference for the decibel scale), which comes to 20*10^-6 Pa. Particle velocity can be found by dividing this pressure by the density of air (1.26 kg/m^3) times the speed of sound in air (343 m/s). Then, the particle displacement can be found by dividing this velocity by w, the cyclic frequency (2*pi*1000 rad/s). This means that the human ear can detect particle displacements of 0.01 nanometers, less than the radius of a hydrogen atom!

Now, this all assumes linear acoustics and assumes that air is a continuum, so take it with a grain of salt. But, yes, the ear can detect seemingly insignificant changes in sound.

Attached: 1498330788914.jpg (778x1153, 370K)

>hi-fi
nice meme
>The human ear is pretty amazing
no it's not, it's the second biggest limiting factor in an audio chain, only beaten by the transducer in this regard.
>totemo sugoi
shut the fuck up you massive cringelord

Show me a microphone that's more sensitive than the human ear (microphones are used in recording music, and are therefore part of the chain)

Every other part of the chain is electronic, so the limitation comes from the properties of air and the nature of acoustics. The ear is subarashii

Attached: 1500762745606.jpg (567x800, 44K)

>Show me a microphone that's more sensitive than the human ear (microphones are used in recording music, and are therefore part of the chain)
you don't understand how any of this works, stop posting you dumb fucking weeaboo newfag

reminds me of Roller Coaster Tycoon

Ok stinky EE-fag :^)

The absolute state of poorfags

recording is a completely separate set of limitations and is controlled by a separate set of people, typically qualified people. the playback chain is where all the uneducated audiophiles, such as yourself, spend all their money. the 'differences' claiming to be heard are far too low in volume relative to the fundamentals to be heard by human ears but they insist with their biases regardless.

Why do you care what other people enjoy? Are you that alone and in need of help. Remember Jesus loves you.

clueless

Exactly

Attached: 4.jpg (598x276, 75K)

Attached: retard.jpg (1198x796, 475K)