*breaks*

*breaks*

Attached: 1500581840242.png (383x321, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archlinuxarm.org/
archlinux32.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to be able to use Arch. The distro is extremely bleeding-edge, and without a solid grasp of Unix principles most of the benefits will go over a typical user's head. There's also Arch's minimal package manager, which is deftly woven into the system- the minimalistic philosophy draws heavily from CRUX, for instance. Arch users understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the benefits of pacman, to realise that it's not just minimal- it says something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Arch truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in pacman's tendency to break your entire system, which itself is a cryptic reference to Linus Torvald's epic "WE DO NOT BREAK USERSPACE!". I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Judd Vinet's genius wit unfolds itself on their screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have an Arch tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid

The wiki has the answer.

Also, it only breaks because of an user error.

I find the people that break their Arch box are idiots who would break anything more complicated than Ubuntu. I broke Arch myself when I was new. Now it's perfect and always up to date. In short: get gud

(OP) *memes*

arch doesn't claim to be bleeding-edge anymore

If you keep cutting yourself on that edge, you eventually bleed out.

*breags* :DDD

Attached: arg linugs.png (512x512, 51K)

No wonder

Attached: 1512600278555.png (2335x2335, 367K)

sudo apt git gud?

Come on, I feel like once everything i set up, arch is the friendliest distro. pacman holds your hand, and the wiki is great.

I can't unsee the fat man silhouette and it's ruining the logo for me

I never have Arch broken in my life, but that's probably because I don't have nvidia graphics.

Arch is unironically the distro least likely to break because of nvidia drivers.

Ubuntu, Debian, Fedora all broke on me, Arch didn't.

I can't really speak about it because all of my experience with nvidia was install ubuntu -> install drivers trough menu -> just werks, but this was on PCs and with older models. On the other hand, my classmate with nvidia graphics on his laptop and ubuntu has to boot into old kernel because updating it and nvidia drivers causes kernel to lockup or something, I don't remember the details. No, I won't recommend him Arch, because he mostly uses Winblows and only reboots into Ubuntu to do some basic work then reboots back.

Your welcome.

Attached: 7B3300E0-95B0-4535-8D9B-FBD6BFD3AA48.jpg (383x400, 16K)

I've literally never had pacman fuck up xorg.conf and I've been using arch for 2 years.

Same here, been using Arch for about 4 years with hardly any problems. I just felt like posting that image to remind him.

Attached: 1519016171965.png (1682x2684, 292K)

nice pasta

>I accomplish nothing debian and gentoo haven't already done. There is nothing special about me except for a horrible document detailing how hipster and elitist my userbase is and a ricey looking logo, and the fact that I'm a true rolling release binary based distribution and a major bugfest with poorly maintained repositories. Which distro am I?

Arch never broke on me but it wasn't comfy at all imo. I went back to devuan because debian without systemd is really comfy

God, I really love Arch. Fuck off plebs.

I used Arch for 2 or 3 years, and never broke it.
But I wonder if say you did break something bad, could you just boot the install medium, and go straight to the arch-root script to repair it?
Or would you need to do a regular mkdir, mount chroot procedure?

*arch-chroot*

This is outdated.
"you require package signing for security" is gone

I actually never get people who broke their arch installation - desu I'm not even sure what can you broke. My installation worked perfectly and I just copied and pasted commands from arch wiki.

I still think that installing arch is retarded. Just use anarchy Linux, antergos or whatever

works on my machine

lol thex only support x86 and x86_64? not even ARM?

Damn, that is some fine text you copied, lad.

X11 doesn't usually need an xorg.conf. Most systems don't use one now.

Never broke anything, been using it for almost half a year by now.
But I'm trying out Manjaro and other OSes in VMs because I'm still pissed some stuff sometimes work really badly only when installed from the official repos, what the fuck.

x86_64 is only officially supported architecture, but
archlinuxarm.org/
Arch for arm
archlinux32.org/
Arch for x86

I did that a while ago after fucking up with mkinitcpio to have 2 kernels.

WHAT A FUCKING SHOCKER

BOIS?!?!?!? WE WAYLAND NOW

They also don't claim to be minimal. Devs have made numerous comments about this and packaging lots of shit together.

I'm never going to understand that meme, I'm still running my first arch install on my everyday PC since 2013.

so whats the point really

pacman
aur
PKGBUILD
KISS philosophy (ie you can just read the man pages and figure out how it works, rather than deal with distribution specific configuration)

everytime you pull from the aur, do you check that it didnt become botnetted? kind of a risk no?

Yeah you can check the PKGBUILD. they're human readable and less than 20 lines usually

It's not that much work checking a PKGBUILD for anything malicious. GNU/Linux, and open source in general, is a lot about trust because there are several times someone could tamper with the source code and add their own malicious code.

which is why code signing is important. you essentially trust the maintainer by adding their key. you inherently trust the maintainers of the operating system, you're only extending that trust to a single package maintainer when you add their key. If someone else packages it then you won't *accidentally* install malicious code without first checking the new maintainer's code and key.

intentional malicious code will persist forever and ruin whoever created it, so if they want to establish any sort of presence in the open source community they wouldn't risk their name.

Never broke unless you stopped updating it.

the pkgbuild listing in the AUR cannot be spoofed or lied about?

It could but you obviously check the downloaded one

>*breaks*
*wind* in your face.

any good guides for pkgbuild for when a specific package I want only exists as a zip, deb, or rpm? the arch wiki is still not simple enough for my beginner brainlet self

I update weekly and it hasn't broken since last year desu.

is there an easy way to reproduce an arch rice without just imaging your whole HDD?

say you documents are backed up elsewhere, but you want to ONLY backup configurations and the packages themselves but dont mind redownloading packages or the image... but you want to get back to an identical setup from a fresh install.

bump this

installed antergos with kde today. which arch helper does Sup Forums recommend its hard to install dependencies from aur

i dont know why but deepin has a tendancy to crash my gpu completely
it kills xorg but everything onscreen gets stuck, and while i can ssh in and run commands n shit it refuses to reboot/shutdown so i have to yank the cord. also, deepin runs like shit, lol.

should i switch to opensuse?

haha i too learnted to speak a linux

any distro used by a brainlet tripfag like you.