Can I get this feature in Vim?

Is there a way to get NetBeans- style documentation popup for C code in Vim? Or any other language for that matter...?
I like vimisms.

Attached: is_it_possible_to_get_this_dialogue_in_vim.png (1055x426, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alexeyshmalko.com/2014/youcompleteme-ultimate-autocomplete-plugin-for-vim/
vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1785
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

alexeyshmalko.com/2014/youcompleteme-ultimate-autocomplete-plugin-for-vim/

Do you have it installed? Pics? What if I like to make multi-line comments explaining what a function call does? In the gif on that page the autocomplete popup thing doesn't show those

java has a standardized documentation system contrary to c.

K

>A Jedi-based completion engine for Python
Yeah, no, I'm not going to use a plugin made by some Star Wars soyboy.

javascript autocompletion is provided by tern so feel free to disable jedi soyboy

How would I go about making one? Does Rust have a standardized documentation system?

TORILLA
A
V
A
T
A
A
N

vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1785

Attached: 44758_070917101048.jpg (644x429, 58K)

>How would I go about making one?
you can't. what i mean is that java somewhat enforces programmer to document their code in a specific way to provide documentation compatible with javadoc. c's programmers are too stupid to document their code.

What editor/IDE is that?

NetBeans, Darcula colorscheme
>c's programmers are too stupid to document their code.

Attached: IMG_0959.jpg (400x505, 62K)

ITT: retards who can't see that OP needs documentation, maybe doxygen or javadoc, not just snippets and autocompletion.
I'm looking for same plugin OP, but can't find anything out there. Best I found is plugin that allows you to open subwindow with man page for word under cursor.

>c's programmers are too stupid to document their code.
Literally true in most cases.

YCM is deprecated by Language Server Protocol.

Just use an editor of authors that aren't afraid that their editor becomes an IDE.

>needing an IDE to spoon feed you documentation
>(not) retarded

When learning new library, you usually want to see or remind yourself what arguments this or that function takes without guessing what this shorthand name means. You also don't want to switch windows/workspaces around because it's easier to press one key combination and get yourself nice pop-up with brief function, arguments and return value description, then continue to do whatever you were doing instead of switching to documentation, looking for that particular version of this particular method, reading it, and then switching back.

You can use the jvi plugin to get vi-style editing in NetBeans.

Attached: CopyQ.n25502.png (839x637, 120K)

stupid != lazy