Google domination, mainstream caught

Google has been the biggest online-service company in the whole world for a long time now.

Is Google unstoppable? Any new technology in the near future that can put on a real fight against Google?

Microsoft and Chinese-companies are the only things that come to my mind.

Attached: Google.jpg (1200x800, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-14/19-insane-tidbits-james-damores-lawsuit-about-googles-office-environment
archive.fo/ZX1tH
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Facebook and Amazon. Neither of them are much better than Google though.

it needs to be easier for people to host their own email. every time I see a thread on a forum where someone wants to host their own email a bunch of people always say don't do it or it's not worth it and I think this is a big problem. something as personal as email should not be reliant upon giant corporations like google.

Yeah, because there are zero alternative email services.

I know there are alternatives but self-hosting would be the best option

Even self-hosting isn't that difficult anymore. It used to be pretty hit-and-miss, but the reputation of it hasn't changed with the technical improvements.

nice quads.

I thought the main problem was getting big providers to accept your mail. Aren't there a million anti-spam hoops you have to jump through, and if you miss one you're on a blacklist forever?

China will win the AI race and Baidu will demolish Google with superior ML algos.

Attached: china.png (840x549, 397K)

>Is Google unstoppable?
They're already self-destructing through diversity and other shit.

All the good people will leave and then they'll sink like Yahoo.

Attached: 1493288723540.jpg (1200x825, 136K)

>the furry
Everytime.

Attached: full of hate.jpg (500x504, 29K)

Facebook is dying, Amazon is literally irrelevant outside of US

This

The problem with self hosting is uptime. You can't have an important email bounce because your ISP was servicing your line for the past hour, or because you had to switch drives in your NAS or whatever.

>Amazon is literally irrelevant outside of US
Really? Isn't Bezos the richest person on the planet right now?

>polyamorous queer trans lesbian
That's like a triple or quadruple negative.

and that's just the first sentence of the first person on the pic. I'm afraid to read the rest after this.

>Is Google unstoppable? Any new technology in the near future that can put on a real fight against Google?
The most disruptive upcoming tech related to AI and quantum computing is all completely dominated by Alphabet Inc.

There SEEMS to be competition (IBM, OpenAI, Microsoft), but when you look into it closely, they are very much behind. Microsoft challenging Google? Give me a break.

Microsoft is a giant dying a very slow death. They are where they are just because of everyone has been paying them "rent" for using products we HAVE to use (Windows, Office, ...) because they occupied a space early and the network effect is huge. Some workplaces will almost require you to use Microsoft proudct or you can't keep your job.

As I see it, Alphabet Inc will be the first trillion dollar company once their AI Cloud business takes off, AI will become more relevant in 2020+

Alphabet doesn't depend on anyone anymore, they don't depend on Nvidia, they make their own chips (TPU)

They are completely unstoppable, there's only a SMALL chance that a Chinese company like Tencent might surprise us with some breakthrough.

So, China is not unthinkable as a challenge. Everything else is finished.

>so it's come to this. Americans are waiting for a foreign country to break a megacorp's domination

Attached: 1460766812365.png (358x408, 228K)

This is not possible because of spam. Self hosting is a great way to get blacklisted because you accidentally set up an open relay and served millions of spam per minute.

>Aren't there a million anti-spam hoops you have to jump through
Yes, mostly. To ensure proper delivery of your mail you'll want to:

1. Make sure you're hosting on a reputable host that doesn't make it easy for spammers to abuse their services and get their subnets banned. E.g. Not Scaleway or AWS.
2. Set up forward-confirmed reverse DNS
3. Set up an SPF record
4. Set up DKIM signing
5. Set a DMARC record with p=reject
6. Register with feedback loops for larger providers
7. Register with email whitelists

If you do all of that, you can be reasonably sure that your email will get delivered. But that's just dealing with other peoples' spam filters. Now you need to set up your own, along with blocklists and greylisting.

Not only that, but it several people on the same subnet as you get compromised they might drag you down with them. Running an MTA isn't easy if you don't know what you're doing. That's why people get paid to do this shit. And it's always why abominations like Exchange exist, because even people that get paid to understand email frequently do not.

I predict next president comes from populist left and runs on an anti-trust platform.

I'm going to hate trump even more if he ends up causing a super-bernie to exist.

I'm writing my google competitor now, just wait until I start shilling it on Sup Forums

is that why all my anime has amazon boxes in them when they order shit?

The youtube A.I.i is creeping me out.

Everytime i get high, the videos it recomends me, are long ass videos. Between 0.50 and 2.45 hours. And we know that the A.I. tryes to be as effective as posible, when it comes to watchtime.

Also when i am high, and i want to check my spelling, the google search bar always gives me weird ass awnsers. so that i stay there for as long as posible.

Most high traffic sites and apps run on AWS. I will agree that retail-wise Amazon is irrelevant outside of America and Canada.

>proudly bipolar

Attached: 1519424046500.png (394x464, 155K)

What's the point of doing all of this if your sending emails to everyone else on Google or other botnet email services anyway? They can just do a search for your email on their end and probably figure out what a majority of your inbox has in it anyway if they wanted to spy on you.

Not everyone uses Google, and it provides a larger area to cover if someone is attempting to recover your emails. You probably get email from providers with their own on-site MTAs. Or you might send email to people that use Gmail, Outlook (Hotmail), Yahoo, AOL, Protonmail, and so on. They would need to aggregate from many different sources to recover all of your emails if you host your own mail server.

Speaking of which, you also want to make sure you set up TLS and perfect forward secrecy on your mail server. Otherwise your emails will just be travelling over the internet in plaintext, and will be archived when they cross one of the NSA's beam-splitters.

>just another gay communist
lol

>she/her
do they explicitly specify because it's actually he/him?

Google IS Skynet!

>Google
>dominating anything
That's what you want to think.

google is ICARUS

Google's advantage is that they can offer their services for free because they make money off your data. Any competitor would have no chance unless they also made money off your data, at which point they are literally the same as Google.

>communist
>works at google

WHAT THE FUCK SON

nice reddit spacing faggot.
this has been microsoft's model since they introduced win10

this can't be real

You have the internet faggot, look it up! You know that Sup Forums is always right, right?

Attached: 1489863036094.png (500x400, 56K)

of course it's real.

go read more about jewgle here:

zerohedge.com/news/2018-01-14/19-insane-tidbits-james-damores-lawsuit-about-googles-office-environment

>In April of 2017, Google’s Technology Staffing Management team was instructed by Alogna to immediately cancel all Level 3 (0-5 years experience) software engineering interviews with every single applicant who was not either female, Black, or Hispanic and to purge entirely any applications by non-diverse employees from the hiring pipeline. Plaintiff refused to comply with this request.

archive.fo/ZX1tH

no, no company is unstoppable or too big to crumble. you can already see the signs of Google's fall, it will likely take awhile, though.

Holy shit.. top right.. it's Boogie

>Set a DMARC record with p=reject

Enjoy never being able to use a mailing list.

You do realize that Google has a large market share only because of the amount of resources it has? The way these guys allocate resources and manage the company is very, very inefficient. It's like there's barely any coordination.

A lot of resources goes to doing fun stuff. It surely is fun, but it generates close to no value added as far as product development/R&D goes.

That's why a state actor like China can easily outcompete it as far as AI products and R&D goes.