What about them?

They're shit

They're shit

>My opinion is a fact
or
>I don't have to listen to an album to know its shit

Which one are you?

They're good

So, is it a tambourine, potato or a hole in the wall?

I really do adore this album. It probably helps that I heard it before I even knew what Sup Forums was though.

They're good.

A drum

Drumskin I think

They're good.

I still find absolutely nothing interesting about this.

Not memeing or trying to stir up a fight. If someone wants to talk about it, I'll be sane.

okay. this thread is shit, but I'm interested in hearing why you don't like them.

personally, I think it's very soulful.

QUICKQUICKQUICK NAME YOUR FAVOURITE 2 SONGS OFF THE ALBUM

I'll start: King of Carrot Flowers Part 1 and Oh Comely

yes

I mean mainly I just don't find anything that they are doing interesting. It seems like pretty standard lo-fi indie pop to me. Like I see nothing that distinguishes it from say the Shins precursor Flake Music.

It just all seems a little to angsty for my ear.

They're good

I see. Well, I think that perhaps you have an issue with the genre, and not the artist. I think they are VERY discernible from the Shins.

They use odd sounds, a nice combination of acoustic and electric guitar, and the lead singer has such an odd voice, that they are easily recognizable.

Gud band

>you have an issue with the genre
I mean, my issue with the genre is that Arthur Russell was doing it more interestingly in the mid 80s.

I don't dislike anything acoustic or soft out of hand. Leonard Cohen is great for instance but I real folk to this modern indie lo-fi stuff that I see as way more sanitized.

Can't stand Sufjan Stevens either. May as well lump him in with Ed Sheeran for all I care.

>can't stand Sufjan Steven's

ugh.

well maybe I'm a normie (I'm not tho), but he's fucking great too.

well you've explained yourself just fine. suits me.

Link me some Sufjan Stevens songs you like. I'll give them a shot.

I don't like dismissing artists like this. Unfortunately for NMH they only had two albums and I don't like either. With Sufjan I can give him the benefit of the doubt because I definitely haven't heard most of what he's made just due to lack of interest.

IIIIIII LOOOOOVE YOOOUUUU JEEESUUUUSSSS CHAAARIIIIIIIIST

not that guy but
youtube.com/watch?v=otx49Ko3fxw
is fuckin a imo

this song is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=otx49Ko3fxw

also this

youtube.com/watch?v=wVZUBMUekck&list=PLZqsyBiYZFQ2XJbLQgn8mUzbk7om3uzTh&index=9

Oh Comely and Holland, 1945. Just about every song has been my favourite at some stage, but those two would have to be my all time favourites.

THE ONLY GIRL I'VE EVER LOVED
WAS BORN WITH ROSES IN HER EYES
But then they buried her alive
One evening, 1945
With just her sister at her side
And only weeks before the guns
All came and rained on everyone

Okay. I listened to this. It wasn't bad but I still don't find it incredibly interesting. I can see how if you were going through some stuff it could be cathartic.

Here. Give this a listen.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ec1SaWtQNK0

So what I like about this compared to what you shared is both the ambiguity of the lyrics combined with the way the song morphs, how messy it is. The point at the song where he breaks into his actual singing voice still gives me chills.

That contrast and the messiness of it are just so much more interesting to me that what you showed there from the much more polished Sufjan.

P O T A T O
O
T
A
T
O

Listening to this album right now....it's pretty damn awesome, I've never heard his stuff. I don't see the similarities to NMH, but whatever.

Thanks bro.

I would say that I liked John My Beloved more than the John Wayne Gacy Jr. track. It's less theatrical I guess.

Give that arthur russell track a listen too and let me know what you think.

I will say that I do appreciate Stevens more than NMH

Illinois as a whole is pretty theatrical and personally I think Sufjan mostly toes the line of american fake sincerity about as close as you can before it's bad but it's a matter of taste I guess.

My Bloody Valentine

They STINK

HAND OF BLOOOODD

They make my nipples erect

ITS A GODDAMN TURKEY SANDWICH

Two Headed Boy and King of Carrot Flowers

> I don't see the similarities to NMH
I mean, not all of his album sounds like the song I posted. The dude was on some next level shit.

Being It sounds like Shoegaze a full two years before it was even a genre, Wax the Van is like acoustic house music, it almost sounds like he's using a drum machine. Some of it is really haunting like All-Boy All-Girl or See-Through.

Yeah, probably. I guess that's a good way to look at it.

Oh Comely and Two Headed Boy Pt. Two

THIS. DICK. AIN'T FREEEEE.

IT'S A POTATO

OPEN UP YA OEJKFNADADV

>mfw I decided to check out the Sup Forums lady with drum face meme album last night
>it was pretty good, but Aeroplane Over The Sea (song) is literally 10/10 god teir.
>it entered my top 5 songs of all time in less than 24 hours
>still stuck in my head right now

Thanks guys, I wish I heard it earlier. Now I can listen to it while imaging performing it to my fictional family.

Is Communist Daughter about a prostitute?

CANT BELIEVE HOW STRANGE IT IS TO BE ANYTHING AT ALL

title track and oh comely

Nah, it's about a woman who gets around and is shared by many. AKA a "communist" woman.

Which also describes a prostitute.