Which one will die first, Sup Forums?

which one will die first, Sup Forums?

Attached: cotd52602.png (1200x900, 107K)

prob facebook meme

Facebook for sure

apple

Attached: World_Wide_Smartphone_Sales.png (753x532, 33K)

but why?

Attached: 1508875603601m.jpg (577x1024, 52K)

nobody but old people uses it anymore, and it's only a matter of time until people move on from instagram and whatsapp

until you realize those are also owned by Facebook

Fakebook or followed by m$ because their business models have failed unlike the others

he said *from*

and they will probably buy out the next big thing

anything based on ads
facebook, google.
apple is a cult
amazon is diversified
microsoft is just microsoft

Microsoft is making record profits with Xbox, Azure and Office, dwarfing the home Windows market

Good i didnt really want them to die. Azure is okay but i think googles and amazons servers are a better buy.

More than likely Microsoft or Facebook.

Facebook
I can see Apple and Microsoft figuring out that tablets are worthless. Also Google and Amazon aren't going anywhere.

Facebook, maybe Amazon, Microsoft then google.

Google has diversified itself way beyond any single market so it's very protected as long as the internet exists

Facebook can't get out of a single market as much as it tries.

Amazon could fall after bad decisions but it'll take a long time and a lot of them

Microsoft could slowly become obsolete. Thier prices for word, excel etc are ridiculous. Lider office or whatever it's called is the free open source alternative (rip off)

Facebook.
Apple might shrink as they lose phone marketshare, but they won't disappear.
Google and Microsoft will only die if do something inmensely stupid. Like Equifax levels of stupid. And not even that might be enough.
Amazon is immortal. It owns us.

I do not believe windows is such a small part
its revenue
its almost on fucking every desktop in the world

Facebook and Google would in theory. Just because they are all based on ads. But they are too useful for datamining and tracking people so governments are gonna keep those fuckers open and supported like they did with the prism project.

We are headed towards more of a stable internet because it is easier to track people that way and that's where the money and interest is. We aren't gonna really see the days with myspaces or whatever coming and going with the times and fads.

So I doubt any of them will die any time soon just because too many people with power and money have an interest in their stability and information gathering power.

Here's a business secret, every company older than a week has a peak, just because Microsoft is climbing right now means legitimately nothing about the future, likewise if it was the other direction. Their current price matters little, the markets next decisions matter most.

>Amazon is immortal. It owns us.
yeah, it's scary how fast it spreaded to other sectors. It's only a matter of time until they control the shipping, the plane, the car, the delivery man, the door lock, your bank account..

>Microsoft
>28% from Office
>9% from Windows

Can someone explain why this is?
am brainlet.

Attached: fick.gif (256x256, 455K)

Home Windows
>99% are $10 lifetime OEM licenses and Windows 10 ads
Office
>millions of businesses pay $10/m for every single person using Office

Microsoft sells Windows for cheap because it's just a dependency for Office.

Also mac users also exist.

I paid $7 for a used windows 7 key off ebay to activate my windows 10 pro licence lolz

Companies are most of their revenue. A company isn't gonna just pirate shit like we would or pay one license. They need one for every computer. So, the home market really isn't shit to Microsoft. It just makes them the default, but it isn't where the money is. The money comes from all the other shit people buy and pay for, mainly from businesses since they always have to update and no company wants to be sued into dirt for being caught telling their employees to just pirate it or use whatever.

Office might also include stuff like Exchange, I assume. Companies spend a lot on that.

Microsoft seems to be the one to last the longest due to market diversification,also Google is probably too big to fail
FB and Amazon seems very suspect

Amazon has really changed shopping. Even Walmart is trying to get people to hang on by having employees pick everything out and just put it in their car after you pay with your phone. I imagine Amazon is going to do something similar since they bought Target. It would be nice not having to people when we go buy groceries anymore.

and 22% are Windows Server and Azure

Do not fucking underestimate how expensive Windows Server can be

>they bought Target
WAIT WHAT?

I hate to tell you, but all those companies will still exist when you are long gone..

>Google is probably too big to fail
They are all roughly equally large, competing to be the first $1 trillion company.
>FB and Amazon seems very suspect
The only scenario where I see Amazon significantly impacted is an anti-trust case.

Facebook, Microsoft, Apple, Google, Amazon. In that order.

Bow down pleb.

Attached: Emperor Bezos.jpg (5136x3424, 3.94M)

the name sign makes it special
>Hello Sir, I'm your tech support guy for today

That's completely irrelevant to a discussion focusing in market tends and you should fell bad for pretending to be clever.

How does that 22% Azure compare with 9% AWS in absolute numbers? And to google's cloud offerings?

If you calculate with 2017 revenue:
AWS: 5.445.000.000
Azure: 19.800.000.000 (inculuding Windows Server)
Google: 4.000.000.000

I found a claim from Microsoft, apparently 5,2 billion come from Azure alone

Facebook won't die, perhaps the website itself will because kids no longer use it, but remember that they own instagram and that's where all the kids are now.
Apple is an automatic buy for normies or normies on contracts who don't care just put up with it.
Microsoft doesn't have all it's eggs in one basket, so I wouldn't expect it.
Amazon is pretty darn close to ruling the world.

Apple or Facebook. Though none of the companies listed will die anytime soon unless their higher ups purposefully sabotage their operation.

That's suprising. I expected Amazon to dominate.

google is a search engine so it will live Facebook is literally an application. Google is the indexer of applications, Apple is only thing keeping it alive is the cult, I it will maintain hardware+software sales if the cult dies. Amazon provides a wide range of services

MS got a headstart with their business relationships, but AWS catches up really fast.

None because Disney will buy all of them

Explain how the trend of the market is irrelevant to the trend of the market. I think you'd be harder pressed to explain how the price IS relevant. Like are you in high school my dude.

Microshaft. The rest will remain.

>my name jeff

Attached: mynameehhjeff.jpg (1053x592, 60K)

They haven't bought Target. Its pure speculation at this point.

Facebook, of course. I give it 2 years max

facebook > apple > microsoft > google = amazon

facebook
>97 percent of income is from ads on a platform where the userbase is rapidly dwindling and adblockers are gaining widespread usage

>apple
less and less people buying apple products and using apple services. pretty cut and dry.

>microsoft
way more likely to survive than the last two imo, microsoft services and software are pretty ubiquitous. they could stay afloat in some capacity just selling windows keys to OEMs.

>google
similar to microsoft, they seem more apt to take risky business ventures and they have a growing presence in the hardware arena.

>amazon
AWS is fucking everywhere and amazon is fucking amazon, no real explanation needed.

Attached: Cover.jpg (630x630, 80K)

and what is the new alternative to facebook?

>Lider office or whatever it's called is the free open source alternative (rip off)
and it is shit compared to office

Why does Sup Forums hate Apple again when they make their money from actual products?

there's newer, flashier services now that normies can flock to like snapchat. the only reason anyone even checks it anymore is because everyone else is on it

Because Apple makes the company they've been taught to revere look bad.
It's all about ego props. If your ego prop is a bit shaky, you're in trouble.

Decentralized crypto facebook.

Coming soon(tm)

Microsoft has the nicest looking donut chart there and will probably be the sturdiest. Any one of their things could fail completely and they'd be out 28% at most.

On the other end, Facebook and Alphabet both rely almost entirely on ads.

I'd say Facebook will die first, not because 97% > 88%, but because they've sort of stagnated. They've reached their peak. They're about where MySpace was when Facebook appeared. They've stopped innovating, now they're just playing with different amounts and mixes of ads and content. It's the perfect time for someone else to come along with a proper new idea and supplant them.

Apple is a cult. They may shrink like they did in the 90s, but they'll always be around.
Google is in bed with the government and probably too big to fail. If something ever happened, the government would likely bail them out.
Microsoft has staying power. The business market is heavily reliant on Microsoft products and services, not to mention there's probably still an assload of banks and government agencies still paying for them to support legacy software and operating systems.
Amazon is currently diversifying to remain active for the long haul. I don't see Bezos doing anything stupid to let Amazon die anytime soon.
My bet's on Facebook. A 97% revenue stream based solely on ads is hard to envision. We've seen the fate of Myspace and Google+ as well as plenty of other flavor of the month social media apps come and go; there might be enough old people and third world Pajeets that stick around with Facebook long enough that it "dies" a slow, agonizing death much like America Online.

good post also it seems like whatever social platform normies flock to changes so rapidly from year to year that facebook will inevitably die as it will one day be seen as dinosaur, outdated, and just 'uncool'. it's incredibly easy for people to just switch which social platform they use and they will just keep switching to follow the masses. one day everyone will just altogether stop logging on as new apps have what facebook has any way more. facebook is in a sense, already dead

*and way more

>only 9% of Microsoft's revenue came from Windows
Is it always like that or have the pirates really won that battle?

facebook has the lowest value of total assets of all 5 of those companies. Their main website has been on a steady decline for the past 5-7 years. They have made a ton of acquisitions, but their two biggest in the past 5 years are Oculus and Whatsapp. Oculus isn't doing too well, and Whatsapp is just another flavor of the week social network app. The problem with trying to acquire and compete in the social network business is that the cost of entering that market is relatively low, and people are very fickle. Apple, Microsoft, Google, and Amazon all have their hands very deep into their respective industries and competing against them would take a fuckton of money and ridiculously good ideas.

Facebook is just a few failed acquisitions away from bankruptcy, and I think they will be gone by 2030 or acquired by a larger company.

"Windows" doesn't include "Windows Server", which is a separate part. Windows Desktop was always just shy of free. OEM price here is something like $38, where businesses would then pay over $600 for Office Professional.

I'm more surprised seeing how high the surface is there desu

Most likely Facebook, too many eggs in one basket. Then again thats outdated data

Tough choice, but I wish paid digital distribution like iTunes and Steam would die.

>Microsoft has the most balanced spread
Impressive.

How so? Because you aren't to it?

/thread

Outdated data? The charts are from 2016.

Normies are fickle, the second something new becomes popular because some celebrity mentions using it normies will flock to it, and if it happens to occupy the same space as Facebook then Facebook will be finished, just like that.

It's 2018 now user, get with the times!

Apple. Over expanded, too dependent on selling iPhones.

And how do you expect data from 2018. when it's nowhere near the end of the fiscal year?

just looking at this doest spell everything out

by the looks

facebook
alphabet
amazon
apple
microsoft

but amazon's products are diverse as fuck and one thing wholey collapsing won't be felt

in real world

alphabet
facebook
microsoft
apple
amazon

reason being old media doesn't want google to succeed and they will fight it tooth and nail, you take away ads, they are not going to be the same company anymore

facebook, that is going to die in the next 10 years, not in the its going away sense, but its no longer the cool thing, so they have no growth, so long as they stay out of old medias ass, they won't get hit hard.

microsoft is in this area where one good push will get people off anything they make, most people dont need windows, most servers down need it, there are better office products, but I think they could stick around even if shit hits the fan.

apple will kick around just because unless the iphone stopps being seen as the cool phone, or the good maker, they will never loose out, but die hard apple fans, they will never let go till they are forced to

and as for amazon, no one is going to come in and be the one stop shop, amazon is too good a place to go. you may get specialty parts where its better to go elsewhere, but amazon could easily overtake most of the shopping needs for people. they have massive areas where they can grow, while everyone else their heyday is kind of over.

This graph is shit. Revenue isn't the best indicator. Amazon's online retail volume is HUGE but they make more off cloud due to better margins.

My bet is on Amazon and M$ because they're well diversified and aren't as connected to the ad-economy bubble that's about to pop.

Applel is gonna implode if they don't figure out how to keep their manufacturing costs down (or just get people to want new iPhones again)

Google will probably be fine, but will continue to make more money off tech bets through acquisitions and b2b user analytics / API services than from consumer data

Attached: 1476009709678.jpg (500x500, 49K)

Microsoft and Amazon are the most diversified as others have said and both seem to be breaking into new shit constantly especially Amazon. Apple will stay afloat for a while just because of branding and because they have their own isolated ecosystem. Google will probably be fine because they've developed their own ecosystem with Android and Chrome and so on which are very popular but theyre more at risk of going under first because of their use or ads. Once the boomers start dying Facebook will too.

Nobody pays for it.

>Whatsapp is just another flavor of the week social network app
WA is fucking huge in Europe. Literally the number one messaging app.

This.
My workplace, my school, my friends, my family. All organize their life through it. I'm basically *required* to have WhatsApp
Going outside without my phone is like going outside without my pants on

>Going outside without my phone is like going outside without my pants on
Damn son. What do you do with your phone outside? I mostly use it for maps when I'm out. It's important, but not pants important.

Maps, communication, mostly communication.
For example when a group meets and something important changed, they just write it on WhatsApp and expect anyone to see it.
If you're sick and come back to school you're required to know everything that happened, since every class has their own WhatsApp group to the point where the school knows about them and monitor them.
I.e. someone mocked a teacher in a private group chat, one guy told the teacher and then his grades at that teacher were basically all down in an instant
If you exchange phone numbers you don't even ask if the other one has WhatsApp
Heck, you don't even mention WhatsApp, it's just a "text me..."

And I have to add that I'm a 2000fag and my first phone was a smartphone when I was around 12/13 I think. My family was an early adopter of WhatsApp
Basically I've never known a communication world without WhatsApp

Attached: 8BC14D084AB3486DA3ADE13E98AD8667~2.jpg (750x548, 43K)

>ads
Facebook and alphabet

amazon completely depends on oil

when oil dries out, shipping costs will be so high they'll have to find another way to make a living

From most risky to least risky:
Facebook, Google, Apple, Amazon

Shit forgot Microsoft, between Apple and Amazon

too big to fail

Facebook.

Then Apple, once the phone boom is over and they're clueless on what to do next, since they don't have a leader anymore.

The others are harder to kill, because they hedged their bets in many areas.

But, if something happens and google search and android go bust, Google is finished. Their side projects won't save them.

Amazon is actually not that strong, there are plenty of great online stores in countries outside the US which are more used than Amazon. It's not particularly advantageous to buy from Amazon in Europe, for example. They could decline any year.

Microsoft may or may not become the next IBM, if they fail to assert themselves in the consumer space more by selling more hardware. If they fail to do that, eventually they become a business-to-business thing, like IBM and fade into irrelevance.

I think we will see fb for a couple of years, they have a profit margin of >30% thats just crazy.
AMZN/GOOGL/MSFT will stay
Apple is just stupid,just look at it. Everything is dependent on the iphone thats just crazy. Once a sexier smartphone hits the market, the apple sheeps switch. Buyers dont love apple, they love the fact that its the sexiest brand. But this can definitely change.

Facebook will absolutely die sooner rather than later

The younger generation doesn't give a shit about Facebook. It's bloated messy garbage full of spam and even the normies know it.

Also I have a growing suspicion that companies that base their entire revenue stream on advertising aren't going to last. All it would take is for companies to start realizing internet ads are a sham and they don't work, people block them anyway etc etc then they pull ads, suddenly no more revenue. Its what I've started calling the "internet ad bubble". if I'm right there could be serious ramifications, especially for Facebook with almost no market diversity. Google might survive cause it has other products. But all the free media we consume - apps, websites etc that rely on ads won't be around anymore.

damn that makes me feel old
when i was in high school, only some students had phones, and phones that could do SMS were still new
if you wanted to talk to someone, you used your mouth

If I was an investor and look at their revenue stream, Facebook pretty much is dependent on only ads. High risk by looking at the pie chart. On the other hand the more diverse revenue streams of Amazon and Microsoft make it a very safe investment. If ad revenues are going down they will survive easy. However growth will be slower as its dependent on so many revenue streams.

So Facebook and Google Alphabet are most likely to die, but they have so much money lying around they can survive for years even if their ad revenue was almost nil.

Apple, then Facebook.

I hope they all die.

>they all die
>linux desktop market share still at 1%

Currently about 2% and going up.

>using Facebook in the first place
>needing a replacement
Kill yourself normalfag

Libreoffice is pretty shit IMO, MS Office is way better but still shit...you have to use LATEX if you want reliability and predictability