Should I get Windows 7 or Windows 10 ltsb

Should I get Windows 7 or Windows 10 ltsb

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (1920x1200, 628K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/compact-os
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm using LTSB right now and I love it; it's brilliant.

death

ubuntu budgie 18.08

Attached: Workspace 1_001.png (1920x1080, 462K)

Windows 7 w/ Simplix Update Pack

Attached: xp.jpg (1024x768, 103K)

Looks great but I play video games

Excellent software but there are no drivers for my hardware.

same, have you heard of lutris?

If I had newer hardware I'd go with ltsb. Windows 7 Ultimate is still supreme for all else.

Solitaire and Minesweeper bro

Attached: cmwindowsnt3-1jul15d.jpg (770x578, 83K)

> Not making his custom Windows 7 build, with updates and less bloated

Explain.

> Windows w/ Russian Botnet Pack

>with updates

DISM tool.

Attached: 1513048510125.jpg (2232x1256, 1.33M)

I'm only adding updates 'til the end of 2014.
Then, M$ went full spyware.

I'm only adding critical updates*

A GNU/Linux distribution, Windows plebian.

I play video games

fuck off microsoft bot

Then 10 ltsb

Faggots

y u jelly?

Windows 7, activate it with Daz Loader, use offline updater once and disable updates. It'll keep working for the rest of your life

You must get Gentoo

Attached: 1437057476786.gif (309x309, 52K)

10 ltsb is just a Sup Forums meme, and a bad one. There’s really nothing that separates it from 10 pro or enterprise

Why what is so special about Gentoo?

Just a Sup Forums meme.

I'm still using Win XP. I'm thinking eventually I'll get a chromebook for web browsing and continue using the Win XP machine for everything else. For me "everything else" is primarily note taking with WordPad.

There is though--you don't get forced build upgrades. Many 1703 users were fed with 1709 through both WU and Windows Update Assistant

I cannot find one thing right about that pic.
Even your fucking desk is uneven.
Holy shit, kill selves please.

LTSB

Exactly, just security updates. Feels comfy.

>10 ltsb is just a Sup Forums meme, and a bad one.
I hate Windows, and I'll admit, LTSB is a huge improvement over the alternatives. I was using Windows 10 Pro, and it broke and had to be reinstalled twice after updates. LTSB is about as comfy as Windows can ever be.

I used to be 100% behind LTSB but the latest build with everything stripped out with MSMG ToolKit is slightly better since you can get shit like game mode but still have the app store and all that garbage removed.

7 LTSB

how do I make it look like that

How do you get dock app integrated into the taskbar with icons only?

getting a dick slid into your rectum does feel comfy youre right

u should get a dick in your ass

What’s so hot about LTSB?

Only security updates.

How the fuck do I downgrade to LTSB RIGHT NOW? I have licenced pro version atm (used second hand win 7 key to activate $7 ebay)

Don't use Windows - It's a privacy nightmare
Data syncing is by default enabled.
Browsing history and open websites.
Apps settings.
WiFi hotspot names and passwords.
Your device is by default tagged with a unique advertising ID.
Used to serve you with personalized advertisements by third-party advertisers and ad networks.
Cortana can collect any of your data.
Your keystrokes, searches and mic input.
Calendar data.
Music you listen to.
Credit Card information.
Purchases.
Microsoft can collect any personal data.
Your identity.
Passwords.
Demographics.
Interests and habits.
Usage data.
Contacts and relationships.
Location data.
Content like emails, instant messages, caller list, audio and video recordings.
Your data can be shared.
When downloading Windows you are authorizing Microsoft to share any of above mentioned data with any third-party, with or without your consent.

>and still offers no alternative
All that effort and still not helping your cause. Good work, sport

And how are you helping your cause? By acknowledging Microsoft does nothing to prevent data mining their users and still using Windows?

>every company in the entire world

We heard you the first time you little faggot

we get it.

WE. FUCKING. KNOW.

you can stop shilling it everywhere you go

Also, no UWP nonsense, including no MS store.

That was my first post in this thread.
>you can stop shilling it everywhere you go
I don't think you know what that word means. Have enough decency to sage next time you're shitposting.

>shilling
lets go with this definition

>advertising
lets go with this definition
>"the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc"

Now that you know the definition of the own things your trying to use in your argument have enough decency to provide an alternative next time u smash out a paragraph of why something is terrible for someone next time

Attached: shill.png (645x129, 13K)

A little punctuation goes a long way in writing a coherent sentence.
>The shill attempts to spread buzz by personally endorsing the product in public forums with the pretense of sincerity, when in fact he is being paid for his services.
But I am discouraging the use of such operating systems and services. So, where does that fit in the definition? It doesn't.

I can advertise the fact you still don't get it.

Do you get it yet?

Imagine an ad on TV
"are you unhappy with your mortgage? Think you can get a better rate? Youre being charged higher interest than you have to pay!"

That's the bitching your doing...except the ad on TV has someone with a brain that provides an alternative solution.

If u can't cough up something better than no one is interested in every single bad point you have to list about something. ESPECIALLY if they are balls deep in it.

Fucking copy and paste a list of operating systems better than windows so maybe you can actually help someone in the future instead of being a know it all fuck head listing a heap of shit people read day in, day out. Especially those on a Pakistani carpet beating cell phone model exchange forum

What does any of that have to do with KDE ane free open source software?

And*

Ok Femanon I see you shilling 7 for generations now.

-Should automatic updates be enabled after installing that?
-Professional or Ultimate?
-Which antivirus?

>Don't use Windows - It's a privacy nightmare
>Data syncing is by default enabled.
>Browsing history and open websites.
>Apps settings.
>WiFi hotspot names and passwords.
>Your device is by default tagged with a unique advertising ID.
>Used to serve you with personalized advertisements by third-party advertisers and ad networks.
>Cortana can collect any of your data.
>Your keystrokes, searches and mic input.
>Calendar data.
>Music you listen to.
>Credit Card information.
>Purchases.
>Microsoft can collect any personal data.
>Your identity.
>Passwords.
>Demographics.
I>nterests and habits.
>Usage data.
>Contacts and relationships.
>Location data.
>Content like emails, instant messages, caller list, audio and video recordings.
>Your data can be shared.
>When downloading Windows you are authorizing Microsoft to share any of above mentioned data with any third-party, with or without your consent.

What does any of that have to do with KDE ane free open source software?

You can shitpost, wow.

I've posted this in the wrong thread. Either way, you're just rambling.

>lists every single piece of data collected by microsoft in an array on a Sup Forums technology board

Yes I am rambling

This is how it all started. And you are talking about:
>lists every single piece of data collected by microsoft in an array on a Sup Forums technology board
I am lost.

so my windows 10 updated to build 1709 even though I had the service disabled in service managment(it turned back on by itself wtf). performance seems to be smoother but could just be placebo

this is one ugly calculator.

Attached: file.png (322x545, 175K)

Try growing up

>system calculator
I did not start it from installing the system, who cares

get windows 7, windows 10 is bloated shit

>-Should automatic updates be enabled after installing that?
Disabled. Simplix releases updated pack every month, so you just get that and run it. It will only install the updates needed (as a delta update).

>-Professional or Ultimate?
Ultimate for MBR and Enterprise for GPT.

>-Which antivirus?
Common sense.

This one is the only game you need.

Attached: 3d pinball for windows.jpg (440x339, 35K)

>update pack

Attached: gc.png (212x218, 83K)

this is funny because it's actually the opposite of the truth. microsoft started slimming down windows with 8 since they wanted a platform they could apply to tablets with limited space. windows 10 ltsb or windows 10 enterprise with all the extra shit stripped out is the most minimal and performant windows since 2000.

>windows 10 ltsb or windows 10 enterprise with all the extra shit stripped out is the most minimal and performant windows since 2000.
So are you telling me that in theory, if the instruction sets were there, I could install Win10 on my PII MMX and it would run faster than XP? I call bullshit.

If all the drivers were available and functionally equivalent then yes it absolutely would be. Latest versions of WDDM are superior to XDDM.

please get aids and die. i'm not joking

>slimming down windows
>still 16GB+ to install 10 Pro
Helluva job they're doing.

I'm another user. Never heard of it before, but I'm interested. I recently bought a new computer and I am wondering if it is worth it to dual boot Windows for the few games I play

How is VR support on Linux?

gotta remove that windows recovery partition ive managed to slim it down to 12 with office and updates installed.

this is just false
i removed absolutely everything i could from a windows 10 pro iso with MSMG toolkit and the clean install was still almost 10gb

nah senpai try running this command after install

Compact.exe /CompactOS:always

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/compact-os

While the base footprint is larger, each update to the OS doesn't increase that footprint which is unprecedented in Windows. I don't know if you recall the difference between installing slipstreamed XPSP2 versus installing XP and updating to SP2 but the difference was retarded.
You're probably including all of the recovery shit that wasn't even available in XP as well as pagefiles and etc. Try turning that shit off.

recovery shit and page files are the first things i disable on every install
now this is something new to me, thanks

either way, you must consider bloat beyond the initial install footprint. Windows 10 maintains itself and runs substantially better than previous versions which reduces the real downside of bloat: poor performance. Couple gigs of hard drive space is nothing.

just be warned you wont have any recovery partition so if shit hits the fan you gotta have a spare PC or usb recovery disk on stand by

>maintains itself
yea, well i guess you could call forced automatic updates something like that
>runs substantially better than previous versions
it sure can boot faster, i give you that
but it's in a constant state of public beta where the customers do the testing labour for them and is inconsistent to the point i just can't take it seriously anymore, so from my point of view it doesnt run better in general

i save anything worth saving to external drives anyway, theres no problem just reinstalling

Nigga please I installed W10 Pro on a 8GB SSD and compressed it to 5GB.

тecт

How?

>no MS store

so the only reason to use 10 over 7 is gone?

And I installed Linux on a 1GB SD card. Try again.

>MS store
>reason to use 10
Of all possible reasons you could have listed to use Win10, the MS store is in fact a reason against using it.

Install GNU/Linux
Get away from M$

I dont know you, but you have pretty good opinions, are you sure you dont have penis?

Attached: 1520551564401.jpg (300x300, 23K)

Is windows 7 still preferred for privacy over 10, now that you can't choose individual updates?

No matter how hard they try, they will never get the telemetry level of winblows 10 to run on Windows 7. They'd have to change the entire OS, and that's not going to happen. And the offensive updates can be blocked on 7.

>M$
Gottem.

LTSB doesn't have the windows store and some other useful features so I would just go win 10 pro

Windows 7

> Ultimate for MBR and Enterprise for GPT
wut

Makes hacktivation easier if you do as I say.