Best Programming Language

What's the best programming language to learn for beginners?

Attached: Cover.jpg (1107x1388, 196K)

Not sure, but I think it's a choice between convenience or actually knowing how it works.

Pascal

How about what's the best programming language to learn for game development?

Definitely Visual Basic

I prefer RPG

C if you care about computers and how they work.
Python if you just want to kode, or maybe ruby, whatever you feel like.

Okay, thank you, mister.

That made you sound like a pajeet.

C

pajeet? wtf!?

FORTH

Attached: iouoiuoi.jpg (350x239, 29K)

Do yourself and the locals a favor and please lurk for at least a year before posting on the boards you frequent. Thank you.

batch

The regular answer is python but you should learn C is the real answer.

Probably going to get flogged for this. But I was a beginner and went for c because c. No idea wtf was going on. Picked up Python became really good. Got into gui withQT because muh cross platform and language. No I was able to approach c and actually understand what to do better.

Holy C

Javascript

this

Java then Python. From there concepts are transferable enough.

PHP

python is far from the right answer. Its meme syntax wont get you far with other languages.

i unironically love VB and would use for most simple programs.

This. Then PHP and then javascript.

I started with java in HS and it worked well enough for me. I honestly wouldn't recommend starting with a scripting language like python.

Not python, learn a language that has a proper type system and and structure first, then when you're comfortable with that you can pick python up in a few hours, learning python first will make it harder for you to learn a language that isn't as nice. Either learn Java, C++ or C first, then comeback to python later when you know one of those properly.

Is C# a good candidate?

Like?

Yes but don't get too comfy with queries and linq. C/C++ is by far the best way to learn fundamentals

Game programming and OS development is a strong point for VB.

mit-scheme with sicp

Smalltalk.
Solidifies OOP, simple, powerful, lots of great resources from the 90s that will actually take you from beginner to intermediate (modern languages and modern books really fucking fail at intermediate instruction).

Saying C for "if you care about how computers work" is the worst fucking meme.
C isn't how computers work, at all.
Fuck, early computers actually ran C programs like shit because C was so different from how they worked.
C was how the PDP-11, a very specific, historical enterprise computer, worked.

Now it's true -- modern processors are rather C-like. But C is still not how they work, it's moreso they're designed with the assumption they need to support C-style code first and foremost.
And it's fucking holding computing performance back.