Is your tower on the floor or on your desk?

Is your tower on the floor or on your desk?

Attached: c7bf2855_IMG_5169.jpg (1600x1200, 584K)

Floor because I dont want to hear the fans at all and the speakers are already taking up the leftover space on the desk.

Seems so bizarre people would keep the tower on their desk, it has no benefits at all.

Whats the model of thecase in the floor

user are those Realistic speakers on the floor?

I put it on a small shelving unit like in OP from Home Depot, just to get it off the floor (less dust accumulation) and it makes it easier to fuck around with it and connect shit to it.

Thats why I have the "back" facing up so all the I/O ports are right there ready to be used.

It sits on the right, which also has 24" drawer slides which makes it easy to pull out.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (575x396, 111K)

what about your fans? most cases i've used had fans to bring air from the front and bottom towards the back and top

it's on a table in another room, with wires routed through the wall so i don't have to hear it, or be in the room with its heat

its a basic case with basic components so i just turned the case fans & CPU fan downwards. Also i should say it is elevated slightly and I don't have a carpet and I actually enjoy cleaning out my PC every couple of months so whatever it works for me.

I can't keep it on the floor right now, might do that when I tidy up my room

Floor because deskspace.
Plus ESR/RF

Floor so I can rest my legs on it

I bought a $10 plastic shelf at Walmart and just used one shelf panel, so it’s like a 2” plastic base. I feel like it protects some from flooding, dust and vibration.

Floor. Even when I went through my windowed case/RGB/led gamer everything phase I never had it on the desk.

Even my quiet setup would be slightly audible with the tower next to my head and it would take up a fuckhuge amount of desk space. Why would anyone do this?

Is it okay to keep it on carpet??

Desk. Less dust

Neither. Mine is tied to the bottom of my table with rope.

Desk, but it’s a passively cooled thinclient with an ssd so it’s tiny and silent.

On a table next to my desk

ceiling

I don't get the dust argument. With positive pressure and a case with basic filters you shouldn't ever have to worry about it.

I recently put mine on the floor because I had to make space on my desk. I was really fighting this move, especially because getting to it now is so much more of a hassle, but my temps dropped 10C across the board, so that's good.

The floor because who the fuck puts it on their desk. Deskspace is precious. My printer is on my desk. My laptop is on my desk. My speakers are on my desk. My monitor is on my desk. My keyboard and mouse are on my desk. Where am I supposed to find room for a desktop?

floor, but it's dusty af
gonna have to deal with that at some point

>Deskspace is precious. My printer is on my desk.

you got your priorities all wrong friendo

>he has a printer

Attached: tow.jpg (608x1080, 457K)

in my server rack

Desk, because I dont want it sitting on my carpet.

Eventually I'll buy pic-related since I also have a rather large NAS.

Attached: 18U_server_rack_cabinet_.jpg (600x743, 36K)

Floor cause I'm no tard, looks like a lot of newfriends took that one old troll image to heart.

Doesn't that create lag?

Yeah no benefits at all, since like everyone knows, dust likes to settle at waist-level anyways. Why would anyone bother rising their easily clogged windtunnel to that height.

desk

Sits atop the desk. It's only 225x190x85.

On the floor. I don't physically interact with it very often.

Longer USB and Displayport wires do not create lag. Well, it does, but your brain cannot perceive nanosecond differences in timing.

not that you'd be able to easily measure
the usb 3.0 standard wants to enforce relatively short length limit in comparison to everything else though, that's about the only disadvantage

I have it sitting on a smaller desk adjacent to my normal desk so that I can still have the full space available

Desktop on desk for me. I have a carpet and don't want my computer filled with dust.

I have that exact tower, though I use it for a torrent box/NAS, not my main machine. XPS-R450, came with a DVD reader, IDE Zip-100 and floppy. Pain in the ass case, not quite ATX, required some cutting and bending to make it take a normal ATX I/O shield and PSU. I added USB/eSATA/SATA/audio by installing the ports into cutouts I made in the blank below the Zip drive.

On my corner desk because it's generally easier to route cables and access the back of the motherboard, also I'm a faggot with a side panel window.

Since I'm not 15-years-old, next to my desk a few inches off the floor.

Mine's on the floor next to my desk, as are my speakers. My desk is full of monitors and there is no benefit to having my tower on top of it.

where do I put my, desk-top, on top of my desk, because it is a...desktop.

Neither. It is basically on 'box' that is around 20 cm tall. Made out of 5 pieces of wood. There is hole in front of this box that holds my external hhds and ps4.

>desktop can only be placed on top of a desk because of the name
>laptop can only be placed on top of a lap because of the name
That's pretty autistic, user

Standing on a nearby cabinet. I wouldn't put a computer on the floor, but I also need the space on my desk.

>Seems so bizarre people would keep the tower on their desk, it has no benefits at all.

plug in devices without crouching on the floor

she likes to suck my tower on the desk, not on the floor.
sooo yeah ;)

I use an all-in-one, so it's on the desk

On a smaller, lower table next to the desk not much wider than the tower's footprint. All the cables are fastened to one of that smaller table's legs then bundled into a single strand that's fed into the main desks cable tray under the top. Also under the surface there is a upside-down mounted power strip. All because the desk is a height-adjustable sit stand model.

on my desk and its practically silent even under load

Attached: 1498002836738.jpg (300x257, 22K)

Floor... I do have to clean out all the dust and shit every couple months though.

in my window sill

Ah what the hell, here's a pic.

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1200x900, 337K)

floor, it's already hard enough to fit 3*24" screens speakers, routers and what not on my table.

is that a LACK?

Crouching isn't a problem.

it's in the room next door, I don't see it, I don't hear it and it's a very cold room. So no overheat.

Having stuff on a desk is? Just get a bigger desk. I have the case, 2 monitors and a soldering station on my desk just fine. I just push the keyboard away if I want to solder.

Neither, it's in a compartment in the wall with it's own A/C, outside airflow and sound dampening.

Attached: 1502445773168.jpg (743x799, 76K)

>My laptop is on my desk
>Where am I supposed to find room for a desktop?

Attached: costanza belittles.jpg (375x375, 34K)

Screwed on the back of my monitor.

On the desk, I have plenty of space for it. If I ever add a 2nd monitor that is bigger than the one that is dead and just sits on the desk right now ill probably put it on the floor.

Yes these eliminate dust completely, dust free hermetically sealed case with a few filters and pos pressures
>your pozzed

Attached: 000yay.jpg (675x925, 159K)

On a small stand on the floor under my desk

Your shoes are dirty as fuck dude

Yeah it's on the floor on carpet lots of dust and shit, the case is all busted up and hasn't been cleaned for 8 years, there are actually dead bugs in there.

But it just works and I don't have to have some sort of shitty stand.

Have you ever heard about usb hubs?

I got a cheap little shelf from Home Depot until I can find an actual server rack for cheap and start moving shit over.

Attached: 2018-03-11 before and after.jpg (2648x1000, 526K)

This speaker placement is depressing.

don't really have space for them elsewhere and I use headphones most of the time anyway

As a laptop peasant my compy either sits on a chessboard on top of a chair, for when I'm browsing from bed like I am now, or on top of a wooden TV table thing in front of my computer chair.

I would use the shelf for the monitor, so you have have all the monitors inline across. put your case on the right side of the desk.

Attached: 1wa7jkdbbp0z.jpg (640x480, 69K)

>is that a LACK?
I don't remember.

There are speak--? Oh. Oh...

bestest
used to do that too

On the floor, but resting on a couple bricks to bring it up a few inches to help prevent sucking in too much dust.

It will be on the desk, since it will be an actual desktop PC.
Like those from Dell or Fujitsu.

Hey Linus, sup?

Should be fine. The only issue is intake fans pulling trapped dust in the carpet. Also unevenness if the case is too top-heavy.

desk, got no room on the floor of my college dorm room. feels bad.

It's too pretty to not have on the desk

Attached: IMG_2976.jpg (1600x1200, 379K)

Ask me how I know you're 15 years old.

Do tell

Was it the stuffed seal on top of the amp? Or the Linus video in the suggestions?

desk because floor is carpet

Case window

You're right, it should have a tempered glass side panel instead

Attached: IMG_2977.jpg (1600x1200, 251K)

Behind

Attached: image_2018-03-11_23-37.png (720x1168, 38K)

It's a 2 centimeters from reaching the floor.