What are some good command line tools for Windows? Any good applications that don't have a GUI on here?

What are some good command line tools for Windows? Any good applications that don't have a GUI on here?

Attached: cmd.png (669x407, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/a/answer/1219251?hl=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gentoo

Stop what you're doing right now and think about what UNIX-like systems are known for.

Win32Forth

I want fuzzing targets.

>color 0A
ping google.com
>tree

insta-hacker right there, trust me

first of all
If you wanna use commandline stuff in windows, then switch to powershell since it's way more capable

although I dont use it many here recommend Youtube-dl
Chocolatey can also be run from the command prompt
Sysinternals have various tools for windows admins and enthusiasts (for want of a better description)
NirSoft have one or 2 groovy tools

PowerShell
/Thread

>if you actually want to be able to saw through that log, you should probably use something more capable than a spoon
>here, try this fork!
I always feel so bad for Windows users.

for whatever reason npm install hangs in powershell but works fine in good old cmd

no and no

Conemu and chocolatey are about the most useful things I found on Windows.

Current windows commands or those coming from back when with dos and cmd are unfortunately basically all shit.

Use DOS programs like Lotus123 and WordPerfect.

The point of the command line is being install by default so you have extensible options when something fails.

You adding on cruft to a already duct taped together system is going to be unreliable and unstable without much flexibility.
This doesn't also factor in the learning curve and time investment.
Expect disapointment.

Powershell or as an alternative WSL + Debian or whatever Linux distro you prefer.

>All these Linux shellshills
tracert > traceroute
ipconfig > ifconfig
ping that stops after four > ping that goes on indefinitely

iptables? bash? ls? rm? rsync? ssh? scp? tmux? etc.?

Ok now use sftp to connect to your home server, make some new directories and upload some files.

download and install clink so you can ctrl+c ctrl+v stuff into cmd. then download and install python 3.x and then in cmd
pip install youtube-dl
then download mpv and ffmpeg and add them to PATH. now you can stream music from youtube, soundcloud or whatever by using this command
mpv --no-video

filezilla

>He has to download something that sounds like it was named by a ten year old to be able to do basic network tasks, only worse.

Hope you don't download the wrong version and end up with some Chinese botnet on your shitty OS.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter, because you've got thematic virus scanner using 40% of your system resources. At least you put that to good use.

Can you upload files to Google drive from CMD?

Attached: gdriveterm.png (1366x768, 779K)

One of the reasons windows will always be for babbies is because it doesn't have a real shell environment. That's why they literally had to just staple the Linux subsystem to it to try and stay relevant. Powershell is shit and uses bundled "cmdlets", usually having only 1 way to get something done.

clean

Probably the only regular go-to operation I rely on. The ability to factory reset a drive so that it can be reinitialized by my operating system of choice is a critical & powerful tool.

Yeah every other professional in the word is used to sh/bash, so let's just use some horrible abomination that only works in windows environments instead!

diskpart

diskpart

>Willingly linking your free-as-in-freedom OS to the (((Google))) botnet

Why tho?

It's handy for work.

work requires you too upload anime pictures form Sup Forums?

Well work and other stuff. I can access Google drive from work and back things up to it, and I have other folders I back personal things up to.

I hope you realize that admins have full control over google for business apps and can see your lolicon

support.google.com/a/answer/1219251?hl=en

Well fuck...

>WSL

fuzz my anus you skill-less hack

pls gib wallpaper user!