Does anyone else here hide the taskbar and have no icons on your desktop?

Does anyone else here hide the taskbar and have no icons on your desktop?

I do it to make things "aesthetic."

Attached: 1476888303510.jpg (900x900, 280K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XScreenSaver
qbittorrent.org/news.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I dont hide my taskbar because windows 10 bugs with multi monitor.

Oh it does? I didn't realize that. I'm just surprised I see a lot of people with icons and a taskbar cluttering up their screens when it's so easy to make it disappear so it looks like an HD picture frame when not in use.

yes i use i3

>uses a computer to stare a picture
Boy oh boy do I have this thing for you it's called arch linux you will love it

I do the opposite.

I do it to make things "functional".

I hide desktop icons but still like having the taskbar visible, especially with winblows a small amount of the taskbar still peaks out when it's hidden for no reason

yea i do this

Attached: 2018-03-11 00_13_03-Greenshot.png (1920x1080, 2.36M)

and if you can tell by the screenshot, I actually keep the taskbar on the top. True patrician style.

Yes, I also hide window decorations whenever possible
gotta get that vertical space

Attached: Screenshot_20180311_001649.png (1920x1080, 1.77M)

I've got Windows 10 and mine doesn't do that but ok.
Yeah it's about having nice wallpapers to look at.

window managers/desktop environments are not dependent on the distribution of Linux, also arch is a horrendous piece of shit and everybody who uses it should be shot

>staring at your wallpaper
sure sounds like a good use of your time

based

>I do it to make things "aesthetic."
The Aspie is strong in this one.

checked

Attached: 1518944472089.jpg (689x1020, 91K)

post more kuruminha

I have it on the side and use 7+ taskbar tweaker to make it not huge.

I have only i3bar visible.

I'm using i3 so I don't have desktop icons and I also hide window decorations (window title bar). Maximal space usage.

In addition to hiding title bars, it makes for a sleek feel. Though it makes checking the time from time to time a pain

why would i want to stare at nothing

if you are looking at nothing, you are doing nothing

post wp

Attached: 430e12b9ad455c578e7174cf57c72dbaed00365d94afa119b741da282322e246.png (1480x1200, 1.93M)

It's about things being aesthetic when I leave the room.
This as well. It makes things feel sleek.. Just affects checking the time.

thanks user. here's one from my collection

Attached: wp_412.jpg (1920x1200, 317K)

I do it to avoid burn-in on OLED screen. No taskbar, no icons, no background, just void.

After I realized I never wanted to move the mouse up to click anything I removed polybar. I wish i3’s on-release ability ignored key repeats so I could have a terminal print info and close on key release.

My desktop is almost never visible because I use my computer to run programs

I don't even have desktop background set, I almost never see it. I do it because I don't like space being wasted on something I literally never used and never will.

Is there supposed to be a dick between your loli's legs? My brain is so confused by seeing these deranged animus everywhere that I literally can not tell anymore what's supposed to be what.

>yes i use i3
Real Nigga hours

Thank you both for wallpaper. I will contribute in return since I grabbed your wallpaper.

Attached: 0c930162-f536-491a-8530-7860fa91a045.jpg (1920x1080, 457K)

>I do it to make things "aesthetic."
prevents screen burn-in.
>yes i use i3
that shit destroys screens. after a month of using i3, I could see lines where windows were all the fucking time. horrible for screen health.

>that shit destroys screens. after a month of using i3, I could see lines where windows were all the fucking time.
What about it would it even do that? There's nothing atypical about the way it draws the windows.

it always draws them in same places. i now use a different DE and I move my windows around a bit.

I have no icons on desktop but the task bar is too useful to hide, I don't want to do anything other than move my pupils a few millimeters to know the time or what programs are running.

I simply made my taskbar match the color of the wallpaper so it looks transparent. No icons, taskbar has enough space for that.

Then you're not complaining about i3, but about tiling. And still not a problem, because you're supposed to resize the tiles according to what you're doing, so they wouldn't in the same place. I suppose you never learned to do that. If you'd still worry, you could remove window's borders, fhen it would depend on the color of your terminals, which is not even defined by i3.
You never learned to use the thing, and show that you don't even understand the concept by calling it a DE.

I hide the taskbar for practical reasons.

I don't hide icons, because I actually need stuff on the desktop to work on.

No what the fuck. Why aren't you making use of space?

Really bothers me that the desktop in Windows doesn't support widgets now there's an app store. What a waste of space.

Attached: Falafels_2.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

my budget samsung LED monitor with 18815 wake hours doesn't have this problem, don't buy a TV to use as a monitor

I don't hide the taskbar, but I do like the minimal look. The only thing I ever have on my desktop is connect drives.

Attached: neofetch.png (1366x768, 1.09M)

Yes, my "desktop" doesn't have icons anyway and my "taskbar" comes up when I press Alt, using i3 btw.

>Does anyone else here hide the taskbar
Yes, and I don't get why more people don't do this (unless it bugs out).
>and have no icons on your desktop?
I only use it for stuff I need in the short term, and keep it as empty as possible.

do you like my icon free aesthetic :^)

Attached: 2018-02-02 00_49_01-Greenshot.png (1080x1920, 2.62M)

Yes.

Why keep something visible that takes up precious vertical space when you only use it 00.001% of the time?
Just set it to automatically hide and hover your cursor over the edge to bring it up when you need it.

I just keep a file manager open (you would leave it at the desktop directory). Desktop with icons is basically a stripped down file manager set to the desktop dir.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XScreenSaver
You can thank me later. Alternatively, get a monitor made in the last twenty years or so.

I don't hide my taskbar because it's already quite discrete

Attached: Desktop.png (1920x1080, 1.12M)

I don't hide the taskbar but I do hide desktop icons.

Attached: Screenshot (5).jpg (3840x1080, 1.21M)

im still on qbit 3.4
is it safe to upgrade now?, i downgraded because the 4.0 was a hot mess

what?

Why was 4.0 a hot mess in your eyes? Seems nearly identical to what I'm used to, lemme check out them patch notes... qbittorrent.org/news.php

Seems like 4.0 added a lot of good shit (that I don't personally use)

Attached: Capture.jpg (1919x1050, 128K)

i do yeah

>i3 on ubuntu

thats like putting tinted windows on a hoarders house.

I don't use desktop icons but I keep the taskbar there because KDEs taskbar isn't a huge screen twinky like the windows taskbar.