Why just laptops?

Why do people only cover the camera on their laptops? Why not their tablet or smart phone?

Attached: ctm-fbi-director-0917-tape-1125362-640x360.jpg (1200x630, 45K)

people usually don't masturbate on their phones
plus the phone goes in the pocket and with friction it just comes off, etc

Because windows

People don’t use their laptop cameras, so might as well cover it.

>covers laptop camera
>"hey guys, I got the new Google Home!"

>Why not their tablet or smart phone?
But I do cover the front facing camera

>people usually don't masturbate on their phones

Attached: 1297874080624.png (523x497, 13K)

Because I'm confident of how ios works. If I had android I'd paint over it.

i do

lmao those giant bezels I bet it's a thinkpad

The psychos that cover their laptops are the same people who brag about using dumbphones in 2018.

what's with the bezelphobia? even with your "bezel-less" displays the world around the display is pretty much a bezel so better start using them vr goggles to browse the web kiddo

They're idiots.

because of those damn java popups asking for control of web cam and microphone for no reason

Because they think Windows has viruses, but Android doesn't.

tf just cover your face then you dont have to cover shit

But user, I do.

It's funny because it's true.

I don't carry a mobile telephone. Those are for thots and niggers.

t. Landline only masterrace

Attached: 1518885187971.webm (400x400, 1.27M)

Because since your cellphone is probably based on GNU/Linux and permissions nowadays are very strict, ignoring botnet always tracking where I am, there isn't any "esponage risk".
iToys I would be concerned more, Windows is confirmed malware so
>having a webcam at all

Lmaoed

What the hell?

cause on my iOS i cant get viruses :^)

NEED CONTEXT

Did she died?

I do

I love to play with my ass till gentoo install

>Laptop cameras are rarely used
>Because normies don't understand that smart phones are just like their laptops, if not worse
>Think their phone can't be hacked

>Obvious fake fall
>Hurrdurr did she died what the hell xD

So you're okay with Apple having nudes of you? Wouldn't expect less from a faggot tho.

>iOS is proprietary
>Android is open-source
Your confidence stems from a false sense of security.

Attached: g.png (600x450, 555K)

People know you have to take battery out for muh privacy because of those proprietary GSM modules

What kind of idiot would use painters tape? Do you retards even turn on your cameras afterwards to see of this works? I guarantee enough light is getting through that for them to still see you.

>if virtue signalling had an antonym

Attached: t.jpg (300x300, 30K)

Because I use SailfishOS

>Assuming I don't.

I never understand why you want other people listening to you 24/7, Even if you're not a Securityfag me sitting on your desk and listening to what you do is just creepy.

>I never understand why you want other people listening to you 24/7,

It turns me on that there is a possibility that Sergey Brin or Sundar Pichay is listening to my voice, and my moans, when I masturbate. I need this.

Attached: EtxXIVy6Te6EwQPfh32Bh-MAmVp8Xdb4BjZyrRZSHTM.png (273x363, 91K)

If they were listening to me they would just hear a bunch of MLP.

Because it's more difficult to get a piece of tape there because it's a smaller flat area. And with you constantly taking it in and out of pockets means it also strips off easily.
There's no good easy way to do it for smartphones in my opinion.

STORY?

XEXEXEXEX

Do you put your phone in your face or dick?

Fake weights, are you people retarded? The weight literally bounced right off her. She would fall a lot more violently than that.

You've clearly never thrown a weight plate at someone.

Because other people judge it.
Also most who aren't idiots don't literally cover the camera unless they have an emotional issue with it being uncovered (like me). I both disable it in the bios and cover it.

I also disable the mic obviously. On a phone that's trickier.

I cover both. If I had to guess I would say normalfags don't use the laptop camera but they take selfies all the time.

Maybe you don't

>Also most who aren't idiots don't literally cover the camera unless they have an emotional issue with it being uncovered (like me). I both disable it in the bios and cover it.
What do you mean by this?

>said lmaoed
>I implied I found that funny to see
>"hurr durr I'm so smart, how can you be so retarded?"
pic related, is you

Attached: brainlet bottomless.jpg (645x729, 49K)

You can turn your camera off in software (disable it in OS), disable it in hardware (i.e. Disconnect it) or physically impair it (block it with tape).
The first two kinda solves the problem if you can trust your machine in those areas.
The blocking with the tape is just not necessary and ruins the aesthetic of the device usually. It also kinda shows that you don't know how to do it another way.
Except I do disable mine in software and block it.
Because I feel weird about the physical device having view of me even if it doesn't do anything. You could place an old disposable camera pointed at me and I'd turn it around just because that feels better. I obviously know it won't even take pictures, nevermind share them. But I still don't like it.

I think people feel this more commonly about stage microphones. Or traffic cameras.

I thought that was all people did on them...

>The first two kinda solves the problem if you can trust your machine in those areas.
>The blocking with the tape is just not necessary and ruins the aesthetic of the device usually. It also kinda shows that you don't know how to do it another way.
You're contradicting yourself here. Also, there are reasons to use tape over hardware/software, it doesn't show you don't know how to do the other ways, unless the person observing is a judgemental asshole.
There's nothing wrong with covering the camera.

>Not covering the mic

Attached: 9c117a3074e483c2a07dfc5cc0ec01c7.jpg (400x300, 23K)

isn't using the microphone the preferred method of spying on you anyways?

Covering a mic only makes it slightly lesser quality mate, not really effective.

now I see the true purpose of a foldable phone with good vibration

>contradiction
Well. It's a question of if all you care about is if your camera is on or not and you're fine with everyone knowing everything else about you. Likely the camera comes way later than mic, input and network traffic.
So if you don't trust the firmware to not fuck you you should in all likelihood not trust the machine at all. And not use it.
I can't cover every aspect of security in a short post.
>judgemental asshole
Are you expecting non-humans? Have you genuinely met people who weren't judgemental? I think you're deceiving yourself if you think so. At best they take a positive spin on them. Such as 'understanding' (read: make a judgment for you) that you probably don't approve of them posting pictures of you on Facebook without you knowing.
Usually they just hide their judgements.
But they still judge.
>there's nothing wrong with covering the camera
This is a moral/faux pa. Not about judgement.

Good job taking everything out of context. My point still stands.

>out of context
Elaborate.
I made it perfectly clear in the followup that the reason I took this shortcut was not to make a 2k char post.

what do you expect from an avg Joe normie, they are simply so fucking dumb you cant even comprehend it.

>Elaborate.
Can't be bothered to explain such simple shit to a retard like you, I'd be busy all day. But for example, I wasn't talking about every human being in the judgemental part, just the people that would think you don't know how to do the other ways.

>I made it perfectly clear in the followup that the reason I took this shortcut was not to make a 2k char post.
No you did not, and that's bullshit. Adding the complete context would only add 300 characters or so, combined with your post that would still be significantly less than that. Not to mention, it's not the volume that's the problem, but the content.

I got into an argument with a normie about this.
>"they only listen for keywords!"

I am covering it

>being this paranoid

My mother does that.

Talk for yourself.

Because a lot of idiot manufacturers use it as a light sense to auto adjust screen brightness and then they are too stupid to include an option to disable automatic screen brightness.

Why do you think phone screens got larger? Productivity? LMFAO.

It got larger to show BBC,

That "fake" weight bounced off her and rolled off with "fake" inertia.

i will suck dick/pussy of whoever posts story. please for the love of god someone tell us what is going on here.

I don't cover the cam.
I want that nsa sees me with my dick in my hand and horrible image hearing me how I talk to my waifu how I love her

actually it just looks more immersive and futuristic BUT they dont want these phones to become mainstream beacuse then your avg stupid apple sheep wont even start to see the difference between samsung and apple or lg, they would all look the same, they dont want that, but consumers do.

its basically a whole new level of cancer you don't usually think about.

>putting tape over camera
>webcam still enabled in UEFI

i swear some people are so stupid it triggers me

>crossfitters will defend this

i cover my work laptop because if someone turns their webcam on during a conference call, all webcams are activated for everyone on the call. so if im working from home with no shirt/pants on, and some idiot hits the webcam button, when i talk, video of me is sent to everyone on the call

What's wrong with that?

>What's wrong with that?
He doesn't know, but it looked cool when he read it on Reddit.

Do you know? Because I just want to know, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that.

Dilbert: Hey, it's Dilbert. I just wanted to let you know it's 3:00 AM, I'm in my underwear, and I thought of you.
Dogbert: Did you just send an obscene message to your boss!?
Dilbert: I think I hit the Group button.

10/10

I wouldn't know because I'm not in the habit of using a computer without pants on. Dress up properly, you fucking slob.

Stop replying to multiple posts you fucking autist. God I hate you fags who spam reply to everything without even reading and just spew random words with no context.

>what is packet capturing

>strawman
>what is context?

Niggerdom

goml

Attached: motorola droid x2.jpg (1000x568, 84K)

>adding complete context means 300chars more
That's very naive. What you mean is satisfactory context.
>I can't explain what I mean
Oh wow look at this guy. So you're expecting me to magically know what is satisfactory for your but you can't even make your intentionally vague post clearer?

I can't know what you're actually thinking but all you're really doing here is insulting me for not reading your god damned mind.
>but for example
>I wasn't talking about this thing you didn't even respond to with regards to the contradiction
Good. Good thing I didn't bother with that either in this CONTEXT.

On reflection. I think what you're actually saying is that blocking the camera with a post-it isn't a bad solution.
But that's just less valid as any other interpretation because of the context I established of a aesthetics and other grander reasons. To make that clear with the words "There's nothing wrong with covering the camera" you need to rebase. Which you didn't. You brought up how the observer is judgemental. Which is obviously a completely new context. Why would I not assume you meant the context you actually established?
I'm disgusted that I'm almost fluent in retard now. There's no reasonable person who would assume what you ask of the reader.

>people usually don't masturbate on their phones
I literally _only_ masturbate on my phone. Is this really the reasoning people use?

>fap with easy to conceal phone in bathroom, finish into toilet and flush, wash your hands
truly the master race

Mom what you do is get a needle and poke it through the mic hole. It won't work thereafter.

the serious answer is that the camera is usually next to the pinprick speaker that you press to your ear during a phonecall, so youre unable to hear anything unless its on loudspeaker, plus its easier for the tape to come off or to get smeared all over your screen

Why cover? They will find out if you cover the camera, it stands out. Just unplug the cable. You can be paranoid without letting Them find out.

I don't cover laptop camera because it has a light glowing when camera is on. Hardware, OS can't hack the light.

But I'm pretty paranoid about Android's cameras, I usually cover them by hand if I'm doing something... err... I don't want to show. But I use both cameras and don't want to tape them.
(started making selfies after my transition... still feeling bad about it, but makes me happier)

Search for the icloud leaks. I mean seriously, you aren't telling me ios is secure.

Preferably with an anonimoose mask