Is it ok to keep phone on charging forever...

Is it ok to keep phone on charging forever? I have a old htc 820 desire and i want to use it as a home cctv cam by installing apps which let it stream the live footage over wifi to my phone while im away on lte. But it has shit battery and i just want keep it on charge forever and use it as cctv?

Is it possible or will it burn down ny house

Attached: 1520717080150.webm (632x918, 1.99M)

I have an s3 plugged in 24/7 and seems to be fine

yes.

I think it will damage the battery life

take the battery out... problem solved

my dick will break.
just saying.

maybe

Attached: 1520474991926.gif (332x332, 2.65M)

Should be fine. Mine has been like that for a few years.

cctv cams are cheap as fuck and a million times better than a phone cam, why would you do this.

I want to do something with my old phone and dont want to waste money

Can't you make some app that blocks power from charger when the battery is full and start receiving power when battery is low?

It would be extremely painful.

Modern phones don't continually charge the battery. They charge it to full and then just run off a.c. power, similar to laptops

The phone will automatically stop charging when it's about de facto 99% full. Your problem are the mains adapters that will still heat up.

Test how hot it gets in a 48hr cycle.

Plan accordingly.

Sauce

>Hellman's
>not Best Foods

Attached: IMG_20180310_184108_230.jpg (657x539, 38K)

this x10

looks like jlo

done this with a xperia z3 and it does'nt seem to want to turn on, not sure if it's damaged or that it should turn on... anyone tried it?

first plug the charger in with the battery then remove the battery afterwards (while its on ofc)

How did you think the charger works already?

oh right, shame i can't test it until i get a new battery then as it's not holding a charge, thing was bent from when my phone got rekt and bending it back didn't fix it either

It's not by any means a safety problem, but it will hurt battery life in the long run. LiPo batteries are best stored in half-charged condition for best endurance. But if that's not something you particularly care about, as it sounds like, then there's no problem.

>thing was bent from when my phone got rekt
That if anything might very well be a problem, since that means the battery may be internally shorted. If you plan to have it running indefinitely, I'd definitely remove the battery.

plan on getting a new battery just wanted to test if the display i replaced and the phone itself were working but it seemed to be as the low battery graphic and initial sony xperia graphic showed up but yea i'm not planing on using the damaged battery and risking it going thermo, fuck that