HTC One M8

I think the touch of my Nexus 4 is dead :( That area where soft keys are, is not working anymore. Neither in Android, nor in recovery (TWRP).

The only thing that I can afford right now is a HTC One M8 for 2500 UAH (that's about 100 burger$). The phone is new, should I go for it or nah? Is the 4 memepixel camera that bad? That's my main concern. Also the phone has sat on shelf since its release date (never has been purchased) so I don't know how good the battery will be.

Attached: Untitled.png (1270x578, 628K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p8.php
gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_z2_play-8674.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

iphone se

Phone and price are both good. Also it's better for battery life if it was unused.

Camera is awful. Otherwise very good and sturdy phone. Dropped mine tens of times and it barely shows a scratch. Battery life is good if you don't use a meme OS (aka default). But if camera is a big factor, don't even consider it.

I had two iPhones. I don't want iPhone again. Plus I could not afford it.

I see. Maybe I'll give it a try.

Can you see a person's face if you take a photo of them from about 1,5 - 2 metres?

m.gsmarena.com/htc_one_m8-review-1062p8.php

Yes. The camera is fine, it's not that terrible.

install pie control, save money for a decent phone

Yeah, most likey this is what I'm going to do. Still haven't contacted that person.
My Nexus still works if I rotate it at 180 degrees. A bit weird, but it's fine.

>softkey

if that happened could be the display. i'm not sure n4 have a dedicated button it's a navbar softkey so it's part of your display.

I owned an M8 for a few years. I was very happy with it. The camera isn't great compared to current phones but it's not horrible.
Battery life towards the end was bad but that's just from usage.

It is part of the touch itself. The soft keys are above my wallpaper. It also doesn't work in TWRP or other (stock) firmware. Weirdly rnough, sometimes it starts working if I plug in the charger and the battery is near fully charged. But it soon fails again as soon as it heats up (i.e wathing a YT video and browsing with Chromium at tthe same time).

Yeah, I think I'll keep my money for now.

Nexus 5

I think I'll save some money and buy a Motorola phone.

Yes, I still have this phone. I got it like 2 years ago, I think.

No issues since then. Dropped it a few times, not even a dent. Full metal body rocks. They don't make em like this anymore..

And yeah, camera is barely usable. You have to put some effort into getting anything usable out of it. And even then it's plain mediocre. Shooting HD video is actually somewhat more decent.

The audio quality is fucking goat though. Stereo, front-facing memes, like you can rarely find these days in a phone.

But you're going to be stuck with android6 if you don't root it.

With normal, non-intense usage, battery can last more than a day.

Looks good based on the reviews, but rather old, of course. And the battery will be bad. Any possibility of saving a bit more? The Xiaomi Mi A1 is great and less than 200 euros. I would totally try to get that one.

>Any possibility of saving a bit more?
Yes, that's what I decided to do. But I'm thinking maybe a Motorola. I like the Z2 Play: gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_z2_play-8674.php

I had the Moto Z Play and it was absolutely amazing, loved it. If the Z2 improves on the camera a bit, it's perfect.
Good decision :)

>Xiaomi Mi A1
Hey, this is nice too! And it's fucking cheap!

Refurbished Wileyfox (any model)

No. Whatever that is..