You are a racist if you like this album

The album remain in light borrowed heavily from afrobeat and fela kuti which makes it a clear example of cultural appropriation. Cultural appropriation is the adoption or use of elements of one culture by members of a different culture. Cultural appropriation is racist, especially in this case where elements of a minority culture are used by members of the cultural majority; this is wrongfully oppressing the minority culture by stripping it of its group identity and intellectual property rights

but OP this is the best album ever made

but it's impossible not to like this album

My being a racist has no bearing on whether I like this album or not.

I am a racist
I like this album

fuck off this album is a masterpiece

I want Sup Forums to leave.

i was the first person to use this bait on here

It's a good album for sure, that doesn't make is not cultural appropriation though. Slavery was good for the southern economy but it was still immoral

They did the EXACT same thing Scaruffi accused The Beatles of doing.

You're racist if you like any rock album ever, since they were influenced by blues.

fuck off, you are stupid

Why would a racist want to listen to music influenced by a group they hate?

Youre speaking English right now. If you are not of Anglo decent then you are culturally appropriating my language and Im going to have to ask you to stop.

Thanks, gonna check it out.

I like a few songs on this album, but overall it's pretty lazy and shitty

I don't think it has aged well, sounds really dated. I will take 77 over it any day. You can tell they put a lot more work into the songs on 77

Most of Remain in Light is just rich white kid funk and it basically sucks

I like 77 but it's by no means outstanding. I do think RiL has aged very well, though it has a few pretty weak tracks.

it's only liked by corny white boys who try to look like morrissey

>immoral

back to Sup Forums kiddo, all human beings are born equal. Sup Forums does not tolerate racism or bigotry. consider yourself reported.

Racist and proud

WE

>2016
>still falling for this 4/10 pasta

im aware this is bait but i'll take it

what's the difference between inspiration, homage, and cultural appropriation?

how would liking this album make anyone a racist? there's no racially charged implications anywhere on the album.

all of those things are racist.

im not racist and i like this album :^)

thats racist.

WUZ

combobreakers

I am racist and I dislike that album.

God, I don't say this a lot but holy shit actually kill yourself

That's a big suit.

Just listened to this album for the first time and it's nothing special.

That's what I thought on my first listen as well.

Listen to it a few more times, user, and don't be afraid to dance.

Considering niggers are sub-human, I don't understand how a member of a superior race taking what little they have created and publishing it with the necessary adjustments is a problem.

It's no different than a human looking to an animal's unique way of say, climbing a tree, and applying this new technique to their own style of climbing a tree.

It's the way it was assembled too, dude they sampled way before that was ever a standard practice

underrated

OK, but I'd better not catch you drinking tea or coffee, eating anything other than wild meat and local foliage, or living outside of your ancestral homeland.

Also, OP used words of Latin origin, which is also cultural appropriation.