Aoty

Aoty

not even the best album of may

Agreed

How can anyone compete? Only thing that comes even close is Blackstar. Maybe the new Drones or PJ Harvey album too.

ehem

The only thing left is new Swans desu and we all know it'll be a ducking blowout anyway

They truly did it again boys

Glowing Man will inevitably be a disappointment. Good, but disappointing.

Anybody else put Spectre on the end as a bonus track?

Just too good of a song, would have been top 5 on the album had it been on there

I agree

spectre is amazing but if they put it on the album it would have been too inundated with ballads imo

I don't think I'd like it after True Love Waits, can't really top that ending

album's a real snoozer, and the exciting moments like in The Numbers are just cheese

leave aoty up to Miguel Gora

Have we forgotten Black Star already?

No I haven't at least

But this still tops it for me

i don't think it's boring but there's a real drop off in groove or energy after identikit and it never really picks back up (beside the numbers which i really don't like). why they put present tense, tinker tailor, and true love waits back to back to back i'll never know.

>why they put present tense, tinker tailor, and true love waits back to back to back
Because those are good songs that flow nicely into each other.

What are the chances that Lift and Cut A Hole will be the two bonus tracks in sept?

Fuck, we really need Lift. Jonny said they were reworking it, this isn't fair ;_;

I think from the pics on the website it looks like spectre and some track called "b ward" or something will be the bonus tracks

totally agree, getting through those last songs is a real slog. i do like the first parts of the album, with the exception of Desert Island Disk (least favorite song on the album by far)

it's just a bit too slow for me desu even though i like all those songs. though the new version of present tense is def more groovy than the acoustic one.

kek good one user

yes

>poor man's velvet underground
but seriously I liked this one a lot and maybe more than AMSP

yep

>poor man's velvet underground
Yeah, I can see that comparison. Haven't really delved too deep into VU's dicsography, though.

Top 3 Radiohead album

I think it's nice but not mindblowing and agree with the post-Identikit lull (although I actually really like Desert Island Disk and that was one of the first to catch my attention)

I dunno, it's really well crafted and written so I'm not sure why I'm not feeling it. It could simply be that I'm just not in the mood for Radiohead just now. Many of the songs have lodged themselves in my brain and I'm sure I'll get the urge to listen to it one lonely evening. It's miles ahead of TKOL anyways.

not even the second-best album of May

More like a rich man's velvet underground

>Release day of Glowing Man
>All of Sup Forums tunes in
>We all listen
>For once, and only for that occasion, there's not shitposting in the Swans general thread
>No memes
>We all get blown out
>Mu loses its shit
>Glowing man becomes Sup Forums core that day
>Michael Gira kills himself that day
>mfw

One can dream.

why the fuck do you think The Glowing Man will be a disappointment? everything we've heard so far has been amazing.

Because TBK wasn't nearly as good as The Seer

lmao TBK blows The Seer out of the water

The Seer is like a 6/10 and TBK is like a 9/10

Aoty

I'm not joking

Literally has one good song (Burn the Witch)

WHO LET THE PLEB OUT!

WHO! WHO! WHO! WHO!

desu senpai I think To Be Kind was more intriguing than The Seer, more engaging. The Seer, while great, seemed to falter a bit at the beginning of the second half.

>Daydreamers
>The Numbers

oh god Marcel's review of this is the most insane shit I've ever read

I cbf'ed reading it.

Was it positive or negative?

Marcel is a meme

He gave it 5/10 and said the album "embodies kitsch and banality."

Also for the entire review he never talked about the music at all and just went on a whole rant about literally nothing. Shocking.

>Oregontrumpvoter get out my state heathen

he tries so hard to be tmt

I forgot to take off my Sup Forums trip, but yeah "Avatar" was probably the weakest point other than "93 Ave" on the Seer. On TBK, I couldn't really pinpoint a low-point and everything flowed better. Sorry I have a different opinion.

It's okay I'm just giving you a hard time.
Tbk low point is Nathalie Neal

obviously this one