Please convince me this is a bad phone

Please convince me this is a bad phone

I want to buy a Oneplus 5T, tell me why I shouldnt do it

Attached: 0020629_oneplus-5t-original-by-oneplus-malaysia.jpg (1200x800, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ifixit.com/smartphone-repairability?sort=date
twitter.com/AnonBabble

OnePlus shovels new versions out like something that gets shovelled quickly. Even if your phone is only 6 months old, your friends will make fun of you for having an outdated phone

Source: I have a oneplus 3t

chink botnet

Rly ?

I'm really happy with it. I just bought mine last week, came in the mail today. It replaced my old Moto G 1st Gen.

For the botnet argument, everything is a botnet, especially smartphones (read: NSA leaks, spying, etc). Other than that, it's very fast and light. Good value.

It's really not. I like 5 better though.

>Oneplus 5T replacing my old 1st gen Moto G
Are you me? Granted I bought it because Moto G was slow as fuck to the point that What's app was crashing on me.

>your friends will make fun of you for having an outdated phone
I recommend dumping all your """friends"""

When I got my 1st gen Moto G, I thought it was so good compared to my Optimus V. Yeah, I couldn't use pretty much anything on my Moto G, except for like Telegram. Adding more than that, it got really slow, specially with heavier stuff. Battery went all glitchy too.

what the fuck do you need a high end smartphone? think about it, the "features" are completely useless

>ridiculously fast processor for texting, browsing and scrolling through feeds
>more RAM than your laptop had 5 years ago, for the same applications
>an unnecessary and unasked for extra camera
>too large to fit comfortably in your pocket
and the list goes on, all for a device designed to monopolize your attention and steal your time that will ultimately be capitalized by ridiculously large companies that mine your data

?
im not even that big of a guy and the phone easily fits in my pockets
The only really bad thing about the 5T is that it still doesnt have iphone X-like gestures instead of the ugly ass navbar that i hope google will give up on with Android 9

You need a good CPU for browsing though. Never underestimate webdevs.
>too large to fit comfortably in your pocket
Wrong.

This. Dirt cheap smartphones for me going forward. Looking at Moto E or G. I'm not a power user or content creator so getting a flagship would be stupid.

You're willing to bend over and spread your asscheeks for a company that thinks so little of it's customers that they make them jump through hoops just to prove they are worthy of buying a product from them.

>Hello sir may I purchase your phone?
NOT UNTIL YOU DANCE LIKE A MONKEY FOR SPECIAL INVITE YOU FILTHY DOG!!!

Yeah and you have so little self worth you would still give them money after this.

>You need a good CPU for browsing
phones have had these for years now
also 5" screens are largely sufficient and a lot more comfortable when you get used to not staring at your phone every 3 minutes

>You need a good CPU for browsing though.
Even Mediatek can handle browsing without issue

Posting from one now, do it OP, no regrets

Maybe a better idea to wait for the OP6. It's been leaked already, so it's bound to come out in a few months. It'll have wireless charging, glass black and that fantastic notch.

do you need small phones to match your tiny dick?

my penis is actually above average size

prove it

abloobloobloo

why?

>my use case is the same as everyone elses
I like to watch anime and read for long periods on my phone so a nice and large screen is a must, AMOLED with a black theme is also much better texting, browsing and scrolling through feeds, other than that I carry one of those clip-on bluetooth contollers in my backup and a fast phone is better for emulators and the very few good mobile games.

also my fuck huge note8 fits perfect in my pocket I don't know what you're on about there.

>I like to watch anime

Attached: 1385257075710.jpg (832x584, 78K)

Anime website

Attached: IMG_20180312_001930_891.jpg (1061x1280, 235K)

No good mobile game requires a good CPU as the best ones are all simple and touch focused instead of shitty mobile versions of console games

I only have one touch focused game on my phone, the rest have controller support of some kind, granted I don't have many games outside emulators anyway.

It's an amazing phone. Honestly just get it.

The downside is OnePlus does a great job with oxygen OS but their track record for long-term support isn't great, and they do a lot of sketchy data collection.

But with OnePlus you get the best of every custom ROM. OnePlus is the new Nexus in terms of 3rd party ROM support. I run dirty unicorns on mine and it's literally flawless.

All you need is 2gb ram in a cheap smartphone and you're set for a couple of years. spend the extra money on a compact camera, it will outlive your next 4 smartphones.

Also, paying for a phone with NON removeable battery? kek.

As opposed to NSA botnet?

Bruh 8 just got this phone yesterday and it is the best phone I've ever owned 8gb model. Lighting fast large storage space great screen and great battery camera is 7.5 out of 10 but i dont really take a lot of photos

Attached: op5t_default.jpg (1080x2160, 1.34M)

>buy chinkphone
>NSA and chink government have backdoors
>buy any other phone
>NSA has backdoor

Why suffer with double the botnet?

Have you never tried to use a dolphin emulator on your mobile? I like to play my gamecube games on the go.

loudspeaker doesn't face user, not ip68, shit camera, chinese bloatware

How are your eyes holding up?

I've been wearing the same pair of glasses for 5 years you tell me.

So fucked to begin with

>glass black and that fantastic notch
Those are reasons to buy the 5T now before it's discontinued

had it for a little over 3 months now, switched from iphone 6s

no complaints so far, the camera isn't up there with the pixel, iphone x or the s9 but it's decent, and i wish it was water resistant, but that's about it

Attached: 1510068205802.png (472x357, 214K)

Are you stupid? 3T is a fucking great phone, running Oreo and it will keep doing fine til the battery dies or you just drop it from a fucking bridge.

>bought the 5 a month before this came out
I felt like a retard.
Enjoying my 5 so far, tho. Its fucking fast. Faster than my Chinkpad.

user... invites haven’t been a thing for OP since around 3 years ago...

>Chinese bloatware
Nigga what. The only bloat is Google crap which you can disable

OP, I got the 5T around a week ago (8GB version).
So far, so good but I will start with the negatives;
>Phone is too thin, and I am not very comfortable holding it naked, weak grip. A case is a MUST.
>The headpgine Jack is placed on the bottom - a bit annoying when both listening through it and charging.
>The speaker is meh and easily blocked when watching video.
>The fingerprint reader is on the back... I prefer front mounted since I tend to use the phone a lot when it's on a surface.
>Software navigation buttons - hate these. Prefer physical clickable button.
>The cameras potrude a LOT on the back. Again, a case is a must
>Speaking of cameras, I've heard they are pretty bad compared to other flagships. I don't take many pictures at all, so I can't confirm, and it doesn't bother me anyway.
The good:
>The battery life is really good for my use case (YouTube and Firefox), can get around 9 screen time with auto brightness.
>Screen is huge and uses reasonable 1080p, Can't see pixels. No battery draining draining 4k/1440p meme display here. Colors are bright and pop.
>OxygenOS is really close to stock and comfy to use. No crahses and bugs so far.
>Unlocking the bootloader and flashing recovery is very easy, however you must be careful with flashing stock TWRP on Oreo Oxygen - wiping the internal storage with that TWRP will corrupt the data partition.
>Custom ROM support is already very healthy, Lineage, RR...
>Performance is lightning fast, no hiccups or freezes, as expected from a high end chipset
>alert slider is very useful feature, good when you want to silence by hardware or filter non contacts.
>Fingerprint reader is super fast. Not as accurate in my experience but it's so fast you won't notice.
>Same for face unlock. It's very convenient as a replacement for a front mounted unlock and scary fast. somehow doesn't get fooled by similar people or pictures (tried it my self). Also has a feature to light screen on dark environments to improve detection.

No Verizon support
/Thread

free trade

Nah it's pretty good.

The display is 2160x1080 AMOLED. Not 1080p (1920x1080).

Aren't 4 inch phones in the small phone territory? 5 is the standard.

>friends
>he unironically believes this

Attached: IMG20170711WA0008.jpg (306x293, 12K)

40% of the people in my EE class are using a OnePlus phone, I have the most up to date version of them all 3t

it's not waterproof
that makes it a waste of money. otherwise it's the best phone. i got the xz premium instead

Wait for the 6

3t sounds like a dinosaur. Like an s6. You are so many generations behind.

Anyway. The 5 is the best phone. 5t is phablet tier.

Buy Xiaomi,

You still need a decent smartphone to be able to comfortably stream 50 tabs of hentai without lag.

Attached: 1441049488763.jpg (254x255, 11K)

OP6 looks like dogshit

Maybe this is a good place to ask. I have a Oneplus One and it seems like they stopped updating CyanogenOS/mod (don't know which) as of 2016. At least automatically.
Should I switch to something else? I'm thinking about security and features and stuff like that.
What do you recommend?
>inb4 gentoo

you should have bought it when it was on sale on Aliexpress

Lineage os is the new cyanogenmod

Is it good, though?

The fact that they were ever a thing is enough.

But go ahead...bend over for one plus like the little bitch you are. Pathetic.

Very

Sell me on it.

A very customizable stock android experience with 0 bloat and some added tweaks, runs extremely well on old phones and new phones alike.

That does sound good. First time installing a new OS on my phone, though. How bad can I fuck up?

The oneplus is great.

Attached: Screenshot_20180312-142922.jpg (1080x2160, 158K)

There hasn't even been a OP4. The once that came after the 3T were the 5 and tge 5T which was only a refresh of tbe 5. Stop buying a phone every year. They last longer.

You can't brick unless you fuck up REALLY bad, all you gotta do is flash twrp and the use it to flash the lineage zip for your device, plenty if tutorials online.

don't do it
because i own one

Ever heard of custom ROMs? Not perfect privacy wise, but a valid alternative. I'm not talking about the Oneplus 5T specifically.

We need more phones with wireless charging.

I've been using one since about Christmas. It was replacing an aging Nexus 6P. It absolutely thrashes every other new smartphone on the market save for the screen on the S8/Note 8, and perhaps the camera on the Pixel 2. I'm not very photogenic, my the portrait mode for photos works quite well and is a treat to use. The phone has held up extremely well since I bought it, as well as the battery and Dash charging being fantastic.

I will say, however, that if you live in the US (most likely other regions as well), that if you buy the phone from OnePlus's own website, that whenever you add the device to your cart, you can add accessory bundles at a discounted rate. Because of the discount, I was able to get a glass screen protector and a hard case for about $40 with tax included, which is a steal. The device comes with a low-quality gummy case and a pre-applied plastic screen protector if you opt not to get either in a bundle. The black hard case was just so sexy when I bought it. I purchased the 32 GB black model.

3T has official Oreo.
>You are so many generations behind.
One generation.
>5 is the best phone. 5t is phablet tier.
They have same physical dimensions.

Actually, I see the Oneplus 5T more as an alternative version then a "new" version.
Hardware is exactly the same, it is just for those people who value screen size over a fingerprint sensor on the front.

Seriously, are you actually in middle school? Because that was the last time I've ever heard someone seriously get made fun of because of their phone.

Attached: 1519260118235.gif (400x300, 22K)

>Restocking, please check back tomorrow

Attached: Untitled (2).png (1366x735, 115K)

The next best thing is to look over here when buying a phone:
ifixit.com/smartphone-repairability?sort=date

It doesn't have everything, but it's not a bad idea to get a phone that doesn't require a heat gun to take the cover off.

6 might have notch. If that is the case do not support them since they bent the knee.

>oneplus 5t
>32gb

It's expensive. It's only a phone. It won't make your life significally better.

Going to keep using my 3T until it dies, it's a fantastic phone. kys

Got it a few weeks ago.
It is the best purchase I ever did. I fucking love it.
The only downside is the camera, but Arnova's Google Camera port with HDR+ makes it alright.

I'm still on my Op3. I'm still happy.

Prices increases no longer justify it when you can buy high end flagships for the same price

Oneplus has become the villain

>sd 835
Outdated chip, your phone will slow to a crawl in 1-2 years.

>

Attached: fuckanime.png (772x2344, 827K)

Oneplus 6 coming in June, hold on brother.

yeah, but the fucking notch man, THE FUCKING NOTCH!

Good phone. I still have my OnePlus One

cut that autistic bs
it's not gonna be any issue and you get more screen space. if you don't want it just get s9 for 1k€

I have a 5t and I can say unequivocally it is the best phone I have ever used. Most of the negative shit you read online is from poor, stupid pajeets, a staggering number of whom own this phone.

The last of the dying breed of phones made with aluminum backs and headphone jacks.
I got the phone back in November and it has been much better than the Galaxy Note 5, G6 and S8 I owned before.
It's true the camera isn't that good in low light, but I can't really care all that much when the rest of the phone is as nice as it is.

where do you live? like seriously we got a lot of chinks in my school and even they don't have oneplus
>t. Torontofag

>1080p pentile screen
Enjoy your 1564 x 880 resolution

I have my 5T since November, upgraded from the 1.

Its nice senpai, they should of not fallen for the dual camera meme and just put one in.

9/11 - would buy again

Attached: 1520814820996.jpg (600x705, 74K)

>using CDMAids
>2018

The equivalent of an S6 is the Oneplus One - Source: I bought one on release after comparing it to the S6 and am still using it on a daily basis.

Attached: Screenshot_20180313-065621.png (1080x1920, 125K)

Stop defending the notch - people like you are the reason shit like this flies. Vote with your wallet

back to pol