KDE life is hard

My dudes, I'm trying to move to kde full time, but I'm facing so many issues. 1) Most kde distros are second class distros eg- Fedora kde is dog shit. 2) Many apps still use gtk themes and it looks awful on kde. eg- firefox filepicker. So what's the best kde distro?

Attached: fedora.png (1200x630, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dedoimedo.com/computers/kubuntu-aardvark.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

OP here. I'm thinking about moving to Kubuntu. What are your thoughts? (Only people who've used it, please reply)

It's pretty good. Can't really complain much besides the fact that hibernation is broken right now on the 4.13 kernel

Good to hear. I was having doubts because of this review where the person mentioned he faced kernel panics. Did you face any such major issue? dedoimedo.com/computers/kubuntu-aardvark.html

>Install Gentoo(or Arch)
>Install KDE Plasma

Nah I haven't had any of those issues. Discover is pretty bad tho so I just use apt/aptitude

Kubuntu would be the way to go for the average user
Many times, but they were primarily Ubuntu issues. Opensuse does a good job integrating plasma 5, but it's not without issues.

Fedora breaks more than Arch

Fedora gnome is rock solid, but the kde spin is terrible. Fucking redhat allocates all resources to gnome and barely any to the kde spin and it shows. I wish redhat adopted kde instead of gnome. Even recently, ubuntu switched to gnome instead of kde. Why bros? Why? Why do all companies hate kde?

I tried fedora kde and had lots of problems. The kde desktop has many cool ideas, but it didn't work for me.

I'm back to fedora+xfce now, it has basically everything I want

>Why do all companies hate kde?

because it's shit and Red hat develops gnome

Speaking of distros that use KDE, does KDE Neon carry a Firefox version with KDE integration like OpenSUSE?

im using neon-git-stable, and i love it, but ive noticed a few issues.
the live usb had problems logging in to the desktop (showing a blank screen instead of wallpaper and icons), the wifi would work for a few minutes, them crap out.
post install, the only issue that has cropped up is a memory leak, plasma shell climbs from using ~470 MB to 1.5 GB over the course of a day.
im gonna go ahead and blame user error for that because ive installed a bunch of crap, and it didnt behave like that in the default settings.
the vanilla install is pretty great, but ultimately i don't recommend it. muh filepicker thumbnails just isnt a sufficent reason to switch to a de that still has these sort of niggling issues.
why dont you try an LXQT or TDE based distro instead?

I am a Windows pleb so I stick with KDE on Linux. Cinammon and anything Debian based shits the bed on large file transfers for me for some reason. So that leaves everything else with KDE as sn option.

I have found opensuse is the best desu. Fedora KDE is concentrated dog shit. Opensuse has been less hassle than most distros ive tried.

What about kubuntu?

What kwin tiling script should I use?

Manjaro if you want bleedin edge without being authistic

OpenSuse.
Or mint kde

I recently switched to Kubuntu from Ubuntu Gnome and I gotta say that I much prefer KDE over Gnome. Firefox looks pretty good in KDE, but I am not sure what other gtk look like because I only use the default ones. But I like KDE more it is faster and uses less resources, while being more customizeable out of box than Gnome, so I can tweak certain aspects about the system to my taste. It has little animations which are also nice. The default theme breeze looks a little cartoony than other OSes, but you get used to it and eventually it doesn't look as cartoony. All in all, I am much happier on KDE than I am on gnome. I also like the clipboard manager where you can manage your clipboard history.

KDE is more likely to randomly break

Not him but-
I am using kde for last 3 years. Only distro that kde broke for no reason on is fedora.
On all other distros I can segfault its file search (I will create bug report one day...)

Kubuntu user here.
Not the worst choice, but they broke a few things with 17.10
Didn't try KDE Neon yet.

nah mate, fedora is plain incompetent, like most bistrobutors

Arch, not even memeing. Install breeze-gtk to make gtk apps not look like shit.

mah negroe

Arch or any Arch derivative. Gentoo if you are an extreme autist.

It's ok, feature filled but also many bugs (mpv and kde don't get along well, Kwin crashed once due to me starting Minecraft, I closed the laptop lid and opened it back up and you could only see things above the mouse, everything else was a solid colour that would change when you moved the mouse, hibernation is fucked)