Are these guys the voices of our generation?

are these guys the voices of our generation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5a3fwNU079Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>inb4 autistic middle schoolers say Andy is better than all of them

last thread they literally could not give a legitimate reason why he was good lol

>voice of our generation
>not kanye

Andy > OPN > Dean > the rest

so as with last thread, I will ask you - why do you place Andy above the rest of them?

james ferraro is

>he doesn't like andy

who the fuck is andy?

dj andy scott duh

the DG co-producer dude who sits there with the laptop and as far as anyone can tell basically makes synth appreggios that somehow make him superior to every other major electronic artist of the decade

also none of his fans ever explain why they like him in these threads

youtube.com/watch?v=5a3fwNU079Y

new ferraro in july

Yep. Love all of these guys.

can you explain why you like dean blunt?

If we're including Andy in this:
OPN > Ferraro > Andy > Arca > Dean
They're all great though.

i don't like Dean Blunt, so no.

can you explain why you like arca?

Whos bottom right?

Did you add yourself in??

yes. im so fucking high on dxm right now

Arca
Listen to him, he's incredible

in a very short amount of time, Arca's gone through some really interesting sound changes, from glitch-hop to the more abrasive noisy stuff he contributed to Yeezus to the more atmospheric stuff he did on Vulnicura and Xen and finally to the updated IDM sound he brought to Mutant.

besides variety of output, which all of these producers have, Arca also has a pretty singular style. especially with the Stretch tapes, it's hard to confuse Arca for anyone else. overall, i think the Stretch tapes, &&&&&, and Mutant are four of the best releases to come out in the past ten years, each for their own reasons.

i'll detail my affection for Mutant, because i think it's the release that the most people in a thread like this will have heard. i think the move towards focus on timbre and space is something that a lot of electronic artists go through, but i think it's very rare for an artist to actually come upon timbres that sound so new and assemblages that sound like they're really not indebted much to others. where Arca had some amount of influence on all of his previous output, Mutant seems like exactly what it calls itself - some new emergent code of the electronic music genome.

now can the Andy stans please explain, after thread after thread of not explaining it, detail why we should give a fuck about him despite literally having no clue where his contributions end and Zach Hill's begin?

who's bottom left?

OPN / Daniel Lopatin

Dude, just listen to his work at his ALM/a2b2 studio. Tons of hidden gems.

>gay autechre
>good
choose one

Dean Blunt has a sense of humor at least

Everyone except Ferraro is one trick pony and while Ferraro might not be the voice of our generation because he has no fame he sure will be the voice of the future.

>not knowing james ferraro
>thinking your opinion matters at all
sad desu

OPN isn't a one trick pony. He changes up with every album, and is consistently good from 2010 and on.

Mutant felt more like a technical showcase than an album. No doubt the sound design and overall production is fantastic, unique, and transparent, but compositionally, it's not very interesting.

>ALM/a2b2
where to listen

James>Dean=Dan>Andy>>>>>Arca

Of course he is.He uses almost always the same presets and his last decent album is R+7.
>DUDE ARPPEGIOS LMAO
>DUDE BLANTANT PHILIP GLASS RIPOFF LMAO

Andy Stott?

can all you fucking limpdicked cocksuckers just shut the fuck up they're all great artists

Andy > Arca > the other plebs

>DUDE ARPPEGIOS LMAO
You clearly have not listened to his music. Did you perhaps mean Andy?

Yep of course I didn't listen to his music.You know me really well!its strange that even pleb sites like pitchfork talk about it but sure he totally doesn't overuse the arppegios !!!1!!!!!

Obviously there are arpeggios in his music. There are arpeggios in practically all music, especially electronic. But he doesn't overuse them.

I checked just now, and almost every track on GOD and R+7 starts with either a melody or a loop that isn't an arp. In contrast, like 50% of Death Grips songs start with a synth arp.

I didn't mean g.o.d you moron.this album is pure cringe and i dont want to talk about it.even the first track on r+7 has arpegios

The first track is the only one that just has a repeating arpeggio playing a chord progression for more than a few seconds. All of the other arps on R+7 (only like 3 other tracks) either quickly disappear, turn into melodies, or vary their patterns rapidly.

>a few seconds
>actually a few minutes
yeah americans and problem areas is totally not full of arpeggios too
youre completely clueless please stop posting

Ok you're right, Americans does have an arp that fades in and out and stays present from 3:45 to 5:18 (the end). But the lead in Problem Areas (what I assume you're talking about) isn't a static loop or a progression, it's just a melody that might've been made with an apreggiator. I still wouldn't say he overuses arpeggios.

*arpeggiator

>you will never lick Andy’s armpits

Why live?

not from~20sec
>might've been made with an apreggiator even though its qutie obvious that they were
you're just pretending to be retarded right?

i can get behind this, james is actually a goddamn genius

looks like the dg fans have started getting involved with this meme

jeez how hard do u wanna get baited bro
im just reading ur comment chain with the dude talkin bout the arps and its cringe af
stop replying

the last certifiable voice of a generation was James Murphy, and I feel he's about five years or so too old to really represent me

based ferraro

>Bruno Mars
>Samuel L Jackson
>CustomGrow420
>Filthy Frank

I guess if our generation is filled with 12 year old Aspies then yeah

RTZ bottom right

>our generation
yuck, no thanks

every fucking day with this thread