Hi lads!

Hi lads!
I'm working on Audacity and I'd like to know if it is popular among the audio and music industry? Plus I'd like to know how popular it is.

Attached: audacity.png (512x138, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

u.lewd.se/T3nmDD_beforeafterexample1.mp3
u.lewd.se/rJRgN3_beforeafterexample2.mp3
u.lewd.se/xLZPFZ_beforeafterexample3.mp3
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nobody in industry uses free software. if the software is free, so's your time

I thought it was abandonwear

It's pretty good for ripping vinyl.
I used to use it for light audio editing like 10 years ago, don't really have a use for it anymore.
It might not be used in industry, cause of the Adobe alternative, but that's just my guess.

Nobody uses Audacity. You'll need to pay for industry grade kit.

learn iZotope instead

Many thanks, so Audacity is more a scholar thing because of its freeness? I thought it was develop by pros for pros.

No man, Audacity isn't an Audition but it certainly is a good and intuitive audio editor, it does have its use-cases like in small projects, or nothing with a gigantic budget.

I've been using it in side projects, cleaning the audio, making stuff generally sound nicer, being memetic, etc, for over 4 years now, and I must say that I've never been disappointed by Audacity itself. (Sometimes it locks up when stopping the audio under PulseAudio but I'd like to blame it on Poettering.) My friend also makes some slack mixing stuff with it, so...

Whatever you're doing on Audacity, keep up the good work. It works wonders for me.

Audacity. Whenever I just need to do basic recording, editing and fucking around the levels I use it.

It's the Paint.NET of audio editors.

make that gimp

I only ever use it to record my computer directly. Everything else I do in Ableton Live and iZotope Ozone

Don't iZotope just makes shitty VST plugins?

>nobody in industry uses free software. if the software is free, so's your time
Deadmau5 uses it

I doubt that, Audacity isn't even a MIDI sequencer.
And Deadmau5 is a richfag, last time I saw a video of him he was editing live video effect on After Effect and running it realtime with a bunch of 1080Ti

yeah, but he isn't a musician

I've seen and heard from him when he mentioned it in some live streaming

>yeah, but he isn't a musician
Doesn't matter. He is still an autistic pro in what he does

No, you can draw circles in Paint.NET

no professional uses it unless it's for something basic like ripping stereo audio

pros tend to use things like wavelab

It's nice for quick things.
No replacement for proprietary DAW software tough.

Keep it up though, free alternatives are always good to have.

Attached: 1496314656052.png (750x937, 759K)

I work at a relatively small company in Sweden and I use Audacity for mixing all our SFX, I love it

Familiarize yourself with ableton. Has good adoption on the professinal side of the music/audio industry, and almost universal adoption on the production side.

If you want to go the more "professional" route, pro tools is the obvious choice.

Learn how to eq, compress and use reverb. Those 3 are the pillars of mixing. Everything after is to achieve perfection or near perfection for whatever type of music is being mixed.

Good luck. Stay focused, its not hard

brainlet spotted

Sup Forums dumps on gimp because they haven't spent two seconds googling. Evidence that everyone here pretends to use linux but actually uses windows.

Nah. Depends on which of their products you get, of course, but they have different stuff. It is, however, mostly utilized for mixing and mastering.

I guess RX can be considered a collection of VST plugins, but they aren't really shit. They're amazing. I've used RX so many times to seamlessly get rid of gunk in recordings and other programs don't quite offer as much luxury by comparison.

>I've used RX so many times to seamlessly get rid of gunk in recordings and other programs don't quite offer as much luxury by comparison.
Any examples?

These are a bit old now (and I've since improved them further), but here you go:

u.lewd.se/T3nmDD_beforeafterexample1.mp3
u.lewd.se/rJRgN3_beforeafterexample2.mp3
u.lewd.se/xLZPFZ_beforeafterexample3.mp3