pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Previous thread

Attached: IBM M15.jpg (1024x582, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-customized
mehkee.com/products/kailh-box-switches?variant=442463944732
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7g0iwb/photos_ducky_mini/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No seriously I got a model f 5150/5160 xt for 70 usd... is that a good price to buy? I got it randomly off an auction thinking I wouldn't win. I ended up winning.

Did I get the wrong model or something?

Attached: model f.png (845x269, 65K)

Model F prices are through the roof the now. 70 usd is too much, but since that's above average for the price i'd say you did okay

split keyboards are pretty comfy.

Attached: spllliiitttt.jpg (640x480, 53K)

Model F XT for $70? Hell no nibba

:/

Damn... How much are they worth for a reasonable price?

What's the biggest keyboard (keys) one can buy that isn't outrageously expensive? I want a lot of buttons.

ordering some caps like these for my ducky mini
It's got reds in it - I really like the low actuation force, it makes it feel really snappy. Maybe someday I'll got for one of the electrocpacative Plum ones or if I suddenly get 200 million bucks I'll get a realforce

Attached: duckcaps.jpg (1024x683, 128K)

a 122% keyboard. Anything bigger and you're getting into old used keyboards or custom projects

Attached: 1nRp5UO.jpg (4032x3024, 1.12M)

model m 122 are pretty affordable

Attached: 122.jpg (2236x940, 187K)

how have I even been using a computer without my shape and rune buttons

it's funny seeing people submit the template for recommendations in this general so often and never getting any good replies if they get any replies at all, poor optimistic bastards should know if you want quality content you should always just go to reddit

then why are you here?

Attached: agwim.png (700x700, 362K)

? Most of the time there is a couple of good suggestions here and there. Overall it is a slow moving general.

Recommend me a $100ish non gayman professional looking mechanical keyboard. Be as plain as possible. No flare. Full size please.

I guess I'll try this once more.

>Budget.
$150 or under
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Brown or clear (want to play video games and program)
>Layout
Windows
>Form factor
Full size
>Backlight
Rgb or white
>Previous/current keyboards
Lenovo keyboard that comes with the new models
>connection
Wired

This will be my first mechanical keyboard so I'm also open to switches other than cherrys

Right now I'm looking at the ducky one

Ducky One with white and grey PBT keycaps or Leopold fc900r/980m if you wanna spend the extra monies

just get the ducky. make sure it has PBT keycaps tho

I suggest for you at 80 USD: the UNICOMP Ultra Classic
it's about as workplace aesthetic as you can get. It's a model M - same factory and all. Company just got taken over when Lexmark was disbanded.
If you want the bigger Model M shell you can get the Classic from them - exact same mold as the originals.
Buckling spring switches

Attached: ultra classic.jpg (800x533, 228K)

Didn't successfully print any keycaps yet, but the tolerances on this printer are spot-on. The switch fits perfectly.

Attached: photo_2018-03-12_16-49-39.jpg (1280x960, 119K)

>layout
>windows
the most commons are ansi and iso but i assume you use ansi cuz its the standard

i would say go for a ducky

Attached: dubs.jpg (2600x1733, 1.56M)

>quality content
>reddit
we encourage critical thinking not just sporadic buying on what ever guy pushes his post to the front page.

where are the mounting holes?

>we encourage critical thinking not just sporadic buying on what ever guy pushes his post to the front page.
ha

mkg is just as filled with buypigs as reddit

>where are the mounting holes?
You mean the ones for the stabs?
There are none on this design, the plate is 3.5mm thicc and the intention is to handwire it. You don't need stabs the keys you have on an numpad, so that's still fine.
Otherwise, PCB mounted stabs and an actual PCB would be the way to go

Who else fell for Ultimate Meme Keyboard (UHK)?

Attached: uhk.png (423x159, 27K)

Not me

that doesn't look too bad, what is the catch. It has to be the price right?

for 70 that is fine. I have no idea wtf the other people are complaining about.

You are just going to need to build an adapter with a teensy board.

i mean the holes to screw it to the case

I'm straight

ah, that's just friction fit. That plate is just part one of two of the tada68 numpad that I built a while ago.

Attached: photo_2018-03-12_17-58-59.jpg (1280x960, 108K)

why is this general shilling these shit split boards recently, is this some viral marketing or is it just a meme like 60%

an angry fat dude that is unable to use small keyboards was shilling them for days, nothing wrong on split keyboards but the shilling makes them look very forced now

First for wooden wrist rests

Attached: 20180310_130012.jpg (5312x2988, 1.92M)

>blue alps omnikey $200
>65g Zealios Mistel split $125
>120 67g Zeal Switches $87
>Leopold FC980C $210
>Model F XT $60
>55g Realforce $210
>Model F F77 $400
>Navy Blue Box Switches $40

GET ME OFF THIS RIDE

Btw do u think selling old james donkey gateron keyboards for like 40-50 dollars possible or no?

Attached: sad.gif (500x338, 464K)

what kinda of cheese?

>blue alps omnikey $200
>Leopold FC980C $210
How are you getting some of your keyboards this cheap?

>Btw do u think selling old james donkey gateron keyboards for like 40-50 dollars possible or no?
Maybe 40, but 50 is stretching it.

buypig

currently a groupbuy going on.

Cherry profile pbt.
31 for tkl and 36 for 108.

ye or meh

looks dry and brittle probably a parmesan

The pic

Attached: gb.jpg (1334x1334, 272K)

better than a poor starving pig.

>Budget
$150 or less
USA
>Preferred switch type
Not sure, waiting for the switch tester to arrive tomorrow. Considering brown or clear because I dont want the loud click sound but I do want some tactile feedback.
>Layout
Tenkeyless
>Form factor
ANSI
>Backlight
No
Logitech K800

Ducky One, or One 2

gmmk + box browns
pcgamingrace.com/products/gmmk-full-customized

+

mehkee.com/products/kailh-box-switches?variant=442463944732

or

ducky one + clears, if you really want clears.

Mod-Ms are the most tactile on the market right now... well most tactile mx switch, but it is impossible to find right now.

The catch is it's been awfully long and they just now are starting to deliver, and fell for a lot of X-Y problems along the way and seemed like they only recently started to learn electronics design.
And they still don't have any solid plans for delivering addons/modules/whatever you want to call it.

why is it that people with poor financial skills always assume the only reason other people don't make frequent bad purchases is being poor? is it because they grew up poor themselves and don't understand how to use money intelligently?

you are in a general dedicated to a computer peripheral that has cheaper 10 dollar alternatives yet still decide to get more expensive mechanical ones.

That is some major hypocrisy if you ask me. Also, I am still pretty financially sound after these purchases so I really don't know what you mean "using money intelligently" when I spend a certain budget on a hobby I enjoy.

Even if I didn't like these highend boards, I can sell them back with the same buyback price considering I got most of them pretty cheap.

Attached: 2017-10-25 09_39_56-latest (345×337).png (329x104, 67K)

>he uses money
dem capitalist! have to die right now

What's that keyboard exactly?

filthy capitalist piggu
cyka

Did you even read his post?

I have officially fallen for the meme. I'm typing on my first mechanical keyboard right now.

Attached: brb killing myself.png (498x568, 345K)

Anyone have a keyboard with mixed swtiches? What's your layout? I was thinking of this.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1212x463, 136K)

Gimmicky.

>Budget
$120
U.S.
>Preferred switch type
Blue
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
TENKEYLESS
>Backlight
Does not matter
Tada68 with Gateron reds

Duck One or Leopold 750r PD

What is PD? I was eyeing the Leopold FC750R in Grey/Blue (release date is 4/19). Is that what you meant?

PBT Doubleshot

not user, but that does not look like a ducky mini

I would rather brown/zealio on alphanumerics and blue for modifiers. Green for caps lock so I don't push it accidentially, it happens to me a lot when using red switches. Also don't do it to yourself and don't buy ISO keyboard.

It's a Ducky Shine Mini

Attached: duckymini.jpg (1200x820, 280K)

Reverse image search says you're retarded
reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/comments/7g0iwb/photos_ducky_mini/

Attached: dumbo.png (851x709, 165K)

yeah at that angle it looks different from the one you posted first. I thought it was a classic beige shell, but it turns out it is more a flat case

rood

see: - it comes in blue

If you don't mind the noise the switches make, this is definitely the best option.
>t. White-label Model M owner

Grana padano.

she's overdue for a cleaning (gonna be cleaning it when i take apart the workstation to relocate a few things on it, like mounting the power bar, and moving the clamp for my mic stand etc). Got this Lexxmark-made Model M for $3 at a junk shop. Missing a keycap, and is a French-Canadian model (im in Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada, so it must have came from a French Immersion school in the area, probably an asset sale).

Attached: DSCN0030.jpg (4608x3456, 3.35M)

nice, you can easily find sellers willing to give up keycaps on ebay.

that's what im thinking. i also lost my 7/32 bit for my driver to take her apart for a cleaning, but there is a hardware store literally down the hill from my house so i'm just procrastinating. it's my daily driver, because i have a separate gaming pc to my left, but i dont have a mech on it, as the ThermalTake keyboard was free, backlit, and has media controls and macros, as well as some games i just use a controller with on the futon (all of my computing is kept to the mancave, with the gf's stuff in the den). i also have a boxed IBM non-mech that looks almost identical, but the model number escapes me as it's in my closet atm.

I scream to the heavens above, asking the Lord for forgiveness and release from my suffering, but never have I received an answer.

Attached: Comb12032018024036.jpg (640x856, 72K)

That bottom picture looks like someone popped a really big zit

is that the lion from the never ending story, if so he was pretty gay

what are the chances that id like a topre keyboard if i already really like cherry mx black switches?

moderate high

Are there any decent 75% keyboards? A lot of them seem like cheap nip shit.

I don't think you have your nationalities right.

You should like topres if you're fine with rubber domes. I don't see the parallels to mx blacks.

oh i perfer my switches to require alot of force to push down, i dont hate rubber dome switches but i dont really like them either.

kbd75

I work in finance and my standard desk keyboard is the Bloomberg keyboard. Older ones were shit but the current one is so fucking good. Typing and coding is a pure pleasure. I legitimately consider paying the USD 325 price to get one for my home. Tell me why I shouldn't do it.

Attached: bloomberg-terminal-keyboard-aiga.jpg (1200x733, 102K)

They are a thousand times more comfortable than a regular keyboard and they haven’t been completely co-opted by normies yet so they’re still cooler than faggy 40% pastel setups.

because you can get a custom instead

what do you mean by custom? So far I haven't found a keyboard that is very similar in terms of feel to the Bloomberg keyboard in the picture. They are either too flat (e.g. the Apple keyboard or Microsoft's design keyboards) or the keys are too high with most mechanical keyboards. But perhaps I am also biased as I work with it every day.

What makes this keyboard worth $325?

Attached: jF9Me06_d.jpg (640x853, 23K)

a high end group buy board. if you really like it, whatever, get that overpriced piece of plastic.

I strongly assume it is definitely not even USD 150 worth. Its just the price markup Bloomberg demands, plus this keyboard usually/initially only comes bundled with the Bloomberg subscription, which costs around $24k per year.

gimmie a link, they look nice.

Just get them from eBay resellers for half the price

where do you buy this?

U don’t u make it urself

there seems to be only 1 in all of ebayDOTcom and it only ships within the US, while I am in Germany.

who do you work as if you have so much money to buy guns and super expensive keyboards?
also, can anyone tell me where I can buy pic related with numpad on the left instead of right?

Attached: 1520737813678.jpg (3942x2129, 2.97M)

its usually not wealthy people making shit impulsive purchases and bragging about it, that's a poor people thing

>who do you work as
Senior commercial individual conveyance vehicle driver.

Attached: todays keyboard.jpg (2400x1600, 1.42M)

typography looks like shit

guns and keyboards aren't that expensive

user this comment was very stupid, wouldn't go around saying things like that in public