Is there much employment for CS outside of the US?

is there much employment for CS outside of the US?

i want to move to [spoiler]japan[/spoiler] or france eventually, and i dont really have another way besides hoping my programming shit gets me there

what is the demand like in other countries?

Attached: 1519599810328.png (666x666, 370K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_des_Titres_d'Ingénieur)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

French computer engineering student here.

I can tell you for sure that the only way you'll be able to get a job in France is if you have a recognized diploma.
People don't care about your skills or experiences, they just want to know if you're certified in something and if it's recognized by some school.

Just to give you an example, even before finishing a Master's degree, around 98% of french students from famous schools have already received at least one job offer.

I don't know what studies you've done so far, but i would suggest getting a Master's Degree to get an interesting job here, although if you don't want to study for 5 years, you can still get decent jobs with an undergraduate diploma.

Be sure that it is internationally recognized, I don't know how it works in the US, but you can begin by looking up what the CTI is (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commission_des_Titres_d'Ingénieur)

If you're not a student or haven't gone to university, you have as many chances as your local barman to get a CS job here.

Are masochistic
>c is the best French grade

How does 42 fair?

Don't go in France for a cs related job, salary is shit that's why most french CS student leave France.
Forget the CTI if you already have finished your school, if you already come from an average university you mostly have a better level than french, we have a terrible level in CS and maths.

Shitty code monkey school but it's free and you can easily get a job after that.

Swedish employers will suck dick for devs. I'll suck it. Bby what are your qualifications?

Don't believe him, he's dumb

French IT student wannabee here.Gonna try 42 and 101 soon.Any french anons with sound advices?

Unless you're a genius, don't go there, you'll just waste your time.

Salary is much lower in other countries

True. I make 58k as a developer in Sweden. I could probably get Mac 70k by shopping around for employers

This. Same here.
Getting a dev job is as easy as showing up.

Please let me employ you

Germany dude here.

Programmers are always in demand, a lot of industry here.
Like Fracebro said in europ it's more important to have an degree.

Yes, you can also get a job without degree if you have decent skills (ie. github projects and experience and so on), but you'll always get less salary than someone with bachelor. But unless you want to go to Google or soemthing like that it doesn't really matter if you sudied 10 years and have lousy grades, you'll always get something.

Ironically in germany it's way easier to get a job with a bachelor than with a master or diploma, because with master they have to pay you more. I would not suggest getting a master degree unless you have enough working experience to become team leader or something like that. I know people that had a job, then they did their master and then they didn't find a job even though they had more experience.

And of course you'll always find programming internships, but they have lousy payment.

Degree is dgaf in Northern europe. Just show me the code

Yes, I considerd many times to go to Sweden because it's a completely differnt story than in germany.

How does one get an IT job in Greenland?

Attached: 1510812804531.gif (256x256, 352K)

Irish user in cs here ! What's the salary range in Ireland like compared to other European countries

dont move to Japan, you will be worked to the bone and your free time will be non existent

This.

Japan's culture makes it very difficult to change or alter an already running business. It's common in the USA or Europe for a business every few years to get an outside consultant team to figure out how they can fix their IT practices and/or modernize things. Businesses in western society know that it's easy to get set in your ways and that they should be adjusted every so often.

Trying to get a consultant to go to a Japanese company to tell them they are doing X-Y-Z wrong in IT is impossible because that is such an insult within their culture. The business always has to put on this display that they are doing things properly and admitting they aren't is a slap in the face.

We have a Japanese branch of our company and they are still using Windows Server 2003 and manually provisioning everything required. Even trying to get them to adopt simple virtualization has been a huge pain. So their employees get stuck with a 2018 workload using no automation and tools from 2005. Thus the 16+ hour work days.

It all depends on what your expectations are.
Research is best accomplished in large corporations where you have time and money to do the research.
Worst case, you can work at a university as a researcher or professor.
Some areas have more work than others but it is hard when you are not more specific than Japan or France.