>log into AB for the first time in 3 weeks
>utorrent has been blacklisted
Fucking hell. Using 2.2.1 was extremely comfy. Is qbittorrent still the best option for windows users, or has something changed?

Attached: 1024px-%CE%9CTorrent_2.2_icon.svg.png (1024x1024, 65K)

depends on what you want, qbitt is bloated shit but if you aren't concerned about bloat then just use it. it works for most people it seems.

headless transmission / deluge is superior, though.

>headless transmission
Please elaborate. Do you mean the early preview version on their website?

>Deluge
I honestly haven't heard much of it. It seems like most people either use rutorrent, transmission, or qbittorrent, now that utorrent has become obsolete.

About qbittorrent, I only really wanna know if the
>stalling
thing is still true. That's pretty much the only problem I remember having when I tried it once, well, that and somehow slower speeds than what I achieved with utorrent.

Why the absolute fuck were you using utorrent in the first place? Literally use ANYTHING except UT and you'll be better off.

Just use transmission faggot

Give Qbittorrent and Biglybt a test run.

Convenience. It just worked, and until the recent security flaw became apparent, there was simply no reason to switch.

Isn't that linux-only, at least for now? I only see an early preview version on their website, and I don't know if I wanna get into that. Also, is there any reason why it is better than qbittorrent?

Yeah, I'm gonna switch to qbittorrent for now whenever I find a few free hours to transfew my thousands of torrents. Manually changing all those locations is gonna be a pain in the ass.

Attached: 1513291670216.png (556x376, 52K)

hey why no transmission-qt or transmission? thanks :D

>private trackers

Attached: snapshot_03.35.png (1920x1080, 2.67M)

keep consuming sub par content loser

you also missed those quints by 1 number so get fucked

Attached: 1519342631079.png (232x293, 40K)

>>Deluge
>I honestly haven't heard much of it. It seems like most people either use rutorrent, transmission, or qbittorrent, now that utorrent has become obsolete.
deluge works fine for a drop in every day replacement of utorrent, it has remote features and a web-ui if you really want it but I've never used them, the usual complaints are inane and are usually along the lines of
>I'm seeding 500 torrents and am too stupid to use a cli based torrent client, why is deluge using so much memory/slow/crashing
it isn't as feature rich as utorrent was but it should do everything that you'd expect out of a light weight torrent client
rutorrent seems like it's based on rtorrent and rtorrent is rock solid and something I'd fully recommend if you want a cli based torrent client, transmission is popular and seems reasonably well recommended

>sub par content
i only download RAWS

Attached: snapshot_08.36.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>until the recent security flaw became apparent, there was simply no reason to switch.
I guess we're ignoring when they tried backdooring a mining client with one of their builds

>utorrent plebs in AB
Fuck off.

Just get deluge faggot.

>I guess we're ignoring when they tried backdooring a mining client with one of their builds
As fas as I know, that didn't affect 2.2.1. I know that modern utorrent is trash, but I really liked the version I was using.

i know where youre coming from, alot of us still use 2.2.1

i finally managed to switch to Qbit in november and never looked back

why torrent when there is MEGA

>utorrent has been blacklisted
good

I remember disliking uTorrent 2.2.1 and preferring 2.0.4, but it's been so long I can't remember why. Why is 2.2.1 generally a favorite over 2.0.4? Why am I staying with 2.0.4 instead of 2.2.1?

Qbit has a major stalling issue. I still use it but tested certain torrents in qbit and utorrent. Utorrent completed them, qbit never even tried.
I had to revert back to 3.3.16 aswell, right when they changed the look of qbit. It would crash or stall (just like it likes to do with torrents) every time it was left in the background for an amount of time.
There are hardly any reasons to stick with qbit if something else is better.
Only reason I use it is because 2.2.1 utorrent won't load metadata from magnet links for me.

Some builds of 2.2.1 had Opencandy optional installers.
Maybe it bothers you?

>Isn't that linux-only, at least for now?
im on windows 7 and use transmission

I have 1000+ torrents in 2.2.1
I just won't use AB until they whitelist 2.2.1 again. That's about 100 permaseeds on low seeded AB content that just don't exist anymore.

kys faggot nigger retard

what's so great about 2.2.1

also no one cares about your seeding

Attached: 1324206774099.png (765x274, 24K)

>qbitt is bloated shit
That's a meaningless statement. Vuze is bloated, qbit is just fine. Me personally, I use transmission like a bawss-

No one has black listed 2.2.1. Not the top private torrent sites. I fixed the issue, and been seeding ever since.

>Not the top private torrent sites
So AB isn't a top private tracker? I can see where you're coming from, but it still sucks.

Using adware malware MPAA coin miner botnet...
Are you fucking dumb or just silly brainlet?

>adware malware MPAA coin miner botnet...
None of these things apply to 2.2.1. and other older versions though.

Older versions are vulnerable to many exploits, so there is no fucking point to use them, when many better alternatives exists.

stalling was never an issue with qtorrent, I dumped my old utorrent list into it and tried getting files that were not gettable before, and it got them all so long as there were seeds

there is an issue I run into, about 4 or 5 times across 3775 torrents, and that is a torrent just refusing to download because of some corruption or some other bullshit, the problem is very rare, and may be corruption, fuck if I know.

I miss being able to stop torrents, not have the fucking torrent bitch that the file was moved, and keep everything in the client so I don't download the same thing multiple times.

better? fuck no
more convenient, debateable

I used 3.1.3 for ages, 3.2 was where they introduced ads in the client, all the future builds are shit.

Now I'm stuck with qbitorrent and ut2qt didn't migrate trackers for about 800 of the torrents I was seeding.
Also, QB is fucking garbage.

How is it built from the ground up to be the be all and end all client and it cant measure up to something that was released 10 years ago? They could literally have just mimicked the interface and it would have been perfect but no they had to go full autist.

Fucks sake.

>It is garbage because it looks slightly different than utorrent
utorrent fanatics, lmao

>missing features
>it counts missing files and chunks as "complete"
>cant check tracker status at a glance
>have to force resume to make torrents actually seed

"oh it looks slightly different lmao"

The absolute state of Sup Forums

>anecdotes
You surely showed him!

>implying qbittorrent stalling isn't brought up literally all the time

Literally a meme from 4-5 years ago spammed by insecure utorrent users. It only can "stall" when no seeds or your unconnectable with them.

Just switched to deluge since AB v& uTorrent 2.2.1
Have no complaint so far and it looks nice

Attached: bitch.png (696x765, 142K)

stalling will only happen when you have I/O problems or being on a shit tracker

why take the plane when you can swim?

>loli pedo scum

koel and blossom were talking about lolis and I told them I am a primary school teacher but I'm NOT a pedo like them and they said get the fuck outa' here, so pissed off and jealous they banned me