/hpg/ - Headphone & Earspeaker General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 1195861 1girl alternate_eye_color alternate_hair_color bare_shoulders blue_eyes b (600x900, 186K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality
asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77V_PRO/
youtu.be/e5xenXTwAzo?t=14m58s
youtube.com/watch?v=P2wBM4DNeN0
youtube.com/watch?v=PbcGp7SIpKA
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-thx-aaa-789-linear-amplifier
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 4F3097F8-B87C-4343-91D4-9BBF73C56B23.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

10 minutes until steelseries shatters our world with new gaming HIGH FIDELITY audio any last words?

Attached: IMG_20180305_221913352.jpg (2080x1170, 1.35M)

what's the weirdest,/csg/-est dac u got? pic:
>pcm2506 as usb device, pipes digital signal to a tda1305
>tda1305, some dac chip from 1995, used in cd players at that time
>fucking why. is there a warehouse full of loose tda1305s that these chinks gotta get rid of?
>sounds fine i guess

Attached: IMG_0548.jpg (4032x3024, 1.95M)

What's happening?

I don't have a /csg/ DAC but I have a /csg/ tube amp.

Attached: _20180308_191131.jpg (2021x3346, 834K)

nvm it's literally nothing

oh yeah what makes this extra fucky:
>pcm2506 perfectly capable of analog output by itself
>probably measures better than the tda1305

whats that cheap 10 euro amp/dac with good measurements u posted like a week ago?

cute stax miku

Attached: Headphonepep.png (500x500, 33K)

Sorry to ask this again, don't know what the protocol is for new threads.

post anime girl feet and you may get help sooner

get a bottlehead crack

Is the questyle cma 400i good for the price or not?

the specs on the questyle's exceed the internal components

Best portable headphones that are neutral and closed?

Attached: 68234c6f03cb2aa4a2e9461fdccbc509.jpg (650x515, 109K)

>portable
>closed
>neutral
good luck

speaka

>HD600
Nice highest fidelity headphones ever created, user. Cute kitteh, too.

Define "fidelity"

what headphones for listening to devin townsend

How much is the sound changed when going from stock pleather to sheepskin? for the better or worse?
Does sheepskin get too hot like pleather in the summer?
Does sheepskin get destroyed by humidity like pleather?

Are there any 3rd party measurements?

not that I am aware of, it likely measures like shit

stop being a little baby back bitch and buy a pair and find out

Well, back to wait gor the D50

Is that a Chink copy of an ALO Audio portable tube amp? It looks like a Continental or something.

The sensation that audio pours from it like honeydew vine water from God's own chalice.

You idiot shills ruin everything.

mpow vs tekhome for making wired headphones wireless?
4.1 vs 4.2 whats the difference?

They really do.

nice autism you have m8. Still making the same posts every single day?

Find a new hobby.

Skullcandy Smokin' Buds 2
-------------------------------------------
Change my mind

it's a great choice user, do it

putting valhalla2 to good use with Ciat-Lonbarde organs

Attached: 57278551-85FA-4363-8982-5B63125CE221.jpg (4032x2291, 2.22M)

I want new open backs, I want a neutral sound, and have a $250ish budget. I don't want to buy meme headphones but is the HD 600 really my best bet?

dt880 600ohm
akg k712 (import from thomann, harman covers internation warranty)

Hey /hpg/, am I fucking eartarded? The new Sennheiser HD6XX's just showed up at my door and they sound practically identical to my current Phillips SPH9500S. Granted I'm running them both through realtek onboard sound, but I don't see things getting drastically different once I get my Schiit Fulla in the mail.

I'm getting enough questions on the test at
>npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality
wrong. Am I memeing myself here? Are my ears autistic, or does an AMP+DAC really make that much of a difference?

Attached: eqcmh7ugcuk01.jpg (1080x615, 46K)

Garbage in. Garbage out.

I think I saw the Steelseries "muh high-fidelity audio in gaming" being posted here.

Wew lad, a DAC, what are us poor mortals going to do now, aside from using a very likely better performing DAC which costed us less ?

>200$ shit headphones with cheap USB soundcard
>280$ shit headphones with expensive USB soundcard (likely not shit, but overpriced as fuck)
>350$ wireless shit headphones

Audio differences are are way more subtle than you would expect. You fell for the meme in the sense that you expected some mind blowing difference.With that said, if you can't hear the difference between those two headphones then you might have autism. Not even Memling.

I jumped from some gaming headphones to a pair of mid range $50 sennheisers way back when and I did have that mind blowing experience, so I expected dropping around $300 I'd at least get a fraction of that. I'll wait a day or two for my amp and shit to come in but I'm probably just fucking retarded.

Does Massdrop accept returns?

Attached: 1506201584409.jpg (630x630, 82K)

You fell for the open headphones meme.
If you got 100$ you get those philips.
If you got 200$+ you get speakers. Open headphones serve no purpose.

skip straight to stax

Attached: staxkids.png (360x594, 241K)

An amp/dac will make a difference, onboard audio is generally shit. You're also trying to compare streamed music to streamed music. Download a FLAC file and then find the same song as the highest quality on youtube then check to see if you can hear a difference again.

Sell the 6xx, the 9500 and cancel the fulla
Buy dt1990 instead

asus.com/us/Motherboards/P8Z77V_PRO/

I have this motherboard. I get HD6xx's in the mail next week. Do I need to get an external DAC or should my MB be good?

Attached: 9_20170707124906.jpg (599x399, 40K)

>onboard audio is generally shit
lol stop these memes please
I'be blind tested about 10 pcs and laptops from last 5 years and they all were on level with $500+ audio interfaces
there is no fucking difference

did you really?

>they all were on level with $500+ audio interfaces
lol. what does this even mean? audio interfaces are pretty much all the same regardless of price below $1k, and the stuff above $1k is audiophool crap

>Stop these memes
Yeah nah. Every computer I've ever used the line out for has had audible white noise. Ranging from my own personal systems to high end work computers. On board audio is shit.

because audiophools like to think that more expensive = better
they all are not the same, sometimes there are big differences in functionality

>stuff below 1k is the same
>stuff above 1k is retarded
How does poverty feel?

I don't have a FLAC library and frankly don't want to put the time into acquiring one, and it's not like I'm over here bumping youtubetomp3 files or some such shit. I did comparisons on spotify, which is about half measure in terms of MP3 to flac, and could only hear minor differences that were within tolerance of "maybe I'm just making shit up because I spent $200" And if I wasn't, it probably wasn't worth the $200.
That's an intense claim, but I don't put too much faith in onboard audio.
you guys are right, tomorrow I go liquid with all my investments and chase audio perfection.

>mfw fell for the anime girls on o2+odac meme

>I don't have a flac library and frankly
I didn't tell you to get a flac library, I said listen to a song in the two formats. Also the SHP 9500s are legitimately good headphones. I literally just swapped out the stock pads with HM5 velour pads. I'd like to try a hybrid sheepskin velour on them if I can find something that fits.

Listen to the HD6XX exclusively for a week or two, then switch back to the SHP9500s. If you don't hear a difference, regardless of source, then your ears just suck at picking out differences. The upshot to this is that if you legitimately can't tell the difference, you've probably hit your endgame at low-bux!

here you go:
youtu.be/e5xenXTwAzo?t=14m58s

>tfw ignorance is bliss

Attached: 1520095159290.png (633x973, 39K)

youtube.com/watch?v=P2wBM4DNeN0

Koss ksc75

It legitimately is, though. And when it comes to audio, there's nothing wrong with that. Imagine if Porta-pros were your summit-fi? Or a set of Logitech speakers in a box? Oh, how happy you could be...

Attached: 1441064431504.jpg (425x569, 73K)

You're not retarded. The differences at a certain piont are small. You just have to care enough. Now imagine the differences between amps and dacs. That's the hobby in a nutshell

Best headphones for listening to electronic/classic music and gaming (manchild) CS,ARMA 3?

had my eye on the K712 pro and HD 800s

I want something comfy

$2000 is my limit

just grab the L300LE

>2000 dollars
Speakers and subwoofer.

Unironically Campfire Audio Vega for EDM. GODLY for EDM, and you could also get a pair of open Audio Technicas for Classical and gaming well within your budget.

I work during the day until 10pm and play at midnight hours

don't want to annoy my neighbors

712's are great, but the 600's are better in terms of accuracy. I can't speak for the 80,s but considering your budget, you might as wellg et the 800's. The 712's can't possibly be better than them.

>K712 pro and HD 800s
why the huge disparity in price range. Is there no middle ground there?
You want 1500 dollar headphones to play cs go? wtf
Just get the AKG and test them, if you don't like them send them back.
Either that or buy some for 2000 which you'll be a afraid to scratch or even use etc.

NAD Viso HP50

Some minorly annoying build quality issues but superb audio engineering and neutral as can be

because I've heard the k712 pro are super comfy

and that the HD 800/800s are taxing on the ears for long 5+hours of usage

HD600 are unironically the best headphones for all uses at any price point.

K712 are my second favorite headphone after the HD800S.
>and that the HD 800/800s are taxing on the ears for long 5+hours of usage
They are some of the most ergonomic headphones.

At this point I'm starting to believe you're actively trying to make people hate the headphones, and you're doing a good job.

>Being this ignorantly blissful

Attached: Imagine.jpg (326x308, 14K)

this post is correct

That's what i mean. i'd just get the AKG then, they obviously appeal to you and they are very well regarded. As you say- very comfortable too apparently
As much as the hd600 are intriguing, wearing them to play games seems weird, better off with a one wire going from one cup.
no wire dragging across your neck while you're trying to use your kb and mouse etc.

Sounds like you want the ATH-AD1000X for gaming, then. C O M F Y and one wire.

He's a literal autistic troll. He hates the 600 and it's weird. Any kind of faux praise of the 600 is done by this guy. Try to ignore him.

>ATH-AD1000X
Good suggestion, I'm not the one after the headphones though :^)

Every hero needs a heel.

Im sorry, I won't be watching your videos, if you want to teach people things you can link papers or books on the subject then but in principle I don't watch youtube to learn.

>if I don't like it any praise of it must be fake
>stop liking what I don't like

hahahaha this is great

>be a literal zealot caricature of HD600 owners
>get mad when poe's law is brought up

Attached: 1507658465316.png (499x338, 38K)

Buy Stax!

I vow to recommend headphones that aren't Stax or HD600s because that's what /hpg/ needs

you'll pretty much always get better sound of an external dac. Even motherboards that say they have good dacs usually don't. It's really up to you though. I would recommend getting a dac anyway and then selling it if the difference isnt worth it to you.

My go to cheap recommendations are m40x and Shp 9500s. I do not recommend my k240s, they aren't that good.

What's everybody listening to?

youtube.com/watch?v=PbcGp7SIpKA

Attached: Cans.png (1462x735, 856K)

Post your headphones

>Still no shipping conformation from Massdrop
FFFFUUUU

you are like baby, watch this

Attached: thxamp.png (334x137, 8K)

That's what happens when you don't buy HD600 or Stax, lol.

I think you should contact them.

it's this not the sennheiser
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-thx-aaa-789-linear-amplifier

My mind completely ignored the 2018, never mind. I wanted to get that, but I'm not willing to spend 350 dollars for an amp that literally nobody has gotten their hands on yet.

Attached: am I retarded.png (320x321, 121K)

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Cat

Attached: 1508718500845.png (860x600, 686K)

I bought it as a christmas surprise for myself when I forget. it's only $350, you can just sell it if it doesn't live up to its specs... which by the way are far too absurd to just have been embellished