REEEEEEEEEEE

>Inno3D Leak Confirms NVIDIA P102-100 ‘Pascal GP102’ Crypto Mining Cards – 3200 Cores, 5 GB G5X Memory, Up To 47 MH/s in Ethereum

wccftech.com/nvidia-gp102-p102-100-crypto-mining-graphics-cards-leak/

Attached: NVIDIA-Pascal-GP102-e1497731344851.jpg (590x332, 33K)

Thanks for supporting blockchain, Nvidia.
Gamers are idiots and still love you.

Because cryptoniggers, I will buy a fucking gaymen laptop...

HP 8770w
Put a GTX 980TI in it.
You're welcome.

gtx 980m, whoops.

so like 3 years max until proof-of-work is phased out in favor of proof-of-stake in Ethereum.

Might be a fake leak or Nvidia is betting on another competitor (not BTC) to give them lots of mining revenue.

>nvidicucks will support this!

That's only ethhash
Cryptonight is just getting started, motherfucker

Attached: 1499231035395.jpg (480x213, 10K)

I recently swapped in a GTX 965M to ensure the driver INF mod works on the 8770w before investing in the 980m. The stock config was i7 3720qm and k4000m, so it's got the best stock cooling solution. Although I get a max of 64 C on the CPU under full load and below 65C on the 965M on heaven, the fan just feels like going full speed from 40C and up. There are no software solutions that will modify the fan speed on stock bios. Trying a custom bios might cause problems with unsupported graphics cards.

In summary, GPU swapping into the elitebook will certainly work up to the latest 900 series cards, but the only "safe" way to get decent acoustics is to fit in a hardware fan speed adapter. However, reduce the voltage to the fan too much and it won't spin at all. Good luck, anons.

If this helps alleviate the gaming gear, its great.
But it is also a gamble.
If crypto crashes, nvidia will have to swallow a big gay frog, as they just can't sell those for gamers.
But if it don't..

Cryptoniggers aren't going to buy these cards over actual graphics cards unless they're a hell of a lot cheaper, because they have no resale value in the event of it no longer being profitable to mine.

Not really, since the finality protocol will not be proof-of-work at all so it doesn't matter what mining algo you use. You just won't be rewarded for mining.

actually it's better from them

because if the market crashes, those cards would be bought by gamers second hand for dirt cheap

instead if it crashes, gamers still have to buy Gaming Cards® as those worthless Mining Cards® can't play gaems

when ethash asic comes, rip gpu/cpu miners

what kind of faggot would buy a gpu that was used for mining

>just wait for pascal

>buying second hand card from miners
JUST

>implying i still won't buy 100x gpu to piss off Sup Forumsermin

Attached: 1459651536284.png (968x720, 884K)

Might be novidyas last chance to jew miners before samshit releases their mining stuff.

>mfw Sup Forumstards buy gaymen laptops because desktop gpu prices going through the roof

Attached: 1517773439058.png (370x480, 219K)

wonder if these could be used for gpu rendering

> Crypto nigger card launch above increasingly dated gaming GPU launch
> snubbing gamers
> Attempting to create new nigger tier market segment
> 5GB G5X vs 8GB to ensure these cards become irrelevant
> Dual 8pin
> Dual slot
Bullshit rumor, if true.. LOL
The fact that these idiotic rumors are flying w/ no established expectations and were 2 weeks out from GTC speaks volumes.

Attached: eye.jpg (750x563, 61K)

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 with the 1060 GTX (not the max-q or m bullshit). It's my main computer with a 27'' monitor...

Attached: im a cuck.jpg (1110x460, 56K)

>HP
Never go full retard

>Eth
>Asic minning
Ayy lmao

You don't need to do any INF mod, just extract the nvidia driver and install through device manager.

I'd buy a second hand card from miners as long as the fans can be replaced. My two nephews are still using Radeon 7850's with no issues. Mining probably does wear the components somewhat but these cards do work just fine even though they were running 24/7 for several years. The bearings on the fans are the first thing to go, though. The bearings wear out and you'll notice that they sound pretty loud and annoying even at their lowest speeds. Replace those and you're usually fine.

A lot of miners seem to consider the re-sale value of the GPUs so special mining cards would have to be a whole lot cheaper or more efficient. OPs rumor says it's Pascal cards so they won't be better performing. They won't sell unless they are much cheaper. Perhaps they will be, perhaps NVidia is worried that AMD's marketshare is increasing pretty rapidly quarter over quarter (which seems really strange since their cards are wildly overpriced and mostly out of stock).

It's a thing, it's real. It turns out there is no such thing as "ASIC resistant", just a level of complexity required. I do question some of the ethash ASICs, though - DDR3 memory?

Elitebooks are boss you turbonig

All chips are ASICs user, including GPUs.

The question is if you can design a chip that is significantly better than a GPU at Eth mining.

Most cryptoniggers run their cards underclocked and undervolted for maximum perf/watt. The electronics are likely to be in better condition than buying one from some dumb gaymer who had it overclocked and overvolted all its life. It's the fans that might be an issue, but that's a lot more easily fixable.

Fake
Ddr5x is slower than ddr5 when mining ETH.
DDr5x is also more expensive, power hungry, and out of production

Attached: nvidiababies on suicide watch.jpg (1153x781, 101K)

You are fake news.

Attached: power.png (779x339, 18K)

>Most cryptoniggers run their cards underclocked and undervolted for maximum perf/watt.
crypto cryptoniggers always say this but forget to mention how they overclock the VRAM :^)

and?

Only brainlets and newfags mine shitereum
you gaymer soyboys will for sure, no one will advertise them as used for mining

Attached: 1512047745019.jpg (645x729, 88K)

These are GPUs with defective display controllers because silicon manufacturing isn't perfect that would have been thrown away but now can be sold for revenue instead

Don't be a fucking faggot, OP