Song fades out

>song fades out
>you can hear how the instrumentation starts changing and doing interesting things right before it goes to silence
Why the fuck do so many musicians do this? It's the biggest hack cocktease.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kipmFuYEt3g
youtube.com/watch?v=7hfPSkQ0xaQ
youtube.com/watch?v=p63OBIdGt-8
youtube.com/watch?v=JqR1QOjCqHA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>instrumentation starts changing and doing interesting things
Go see them live.

>band has been inactive for years
>band never does shows in your part of the world
>band never does shows period

>a throwaway outro is better than any riff on the album

just why

Opus17 by the 4 seasons, I really want to hear another verse in that ridiculously high vocal that comes in

>interludes are the best parts of the album
Why even bother?

Thats what I really love about that album

youtube.com/watch?v=kipmFuYEt3g
4:08

I want this part to go on for a full track, but instead it's just a minute long fart.

Happens in The Decline

That exact thing is precisely what inspired this album

The musicians even knew it in this one, that's why half the album is all interludes.

>most interesting song on the album is only a minute long

my favorite part of don't worry baby is on the fade-out

and that's my favorite beach boys song

What, really? Just when I thought NWW couldn't get any better

It's because it was probably an improvised ending that they kept going because it started to sound good but inevitably ended up going nowhere or fucking up very quickly. So they just fade it out at the interesting bit. Everything after that is probably shit or repetitive anyway but because you don't hear after that point you think you are missing out on something. In 99% of cases you definitely are not. They took it out of the final mix for a reason.

the protest - flylo
i hate that

Beck - Loser starts getting heavy right at the fucking end

Boris took this to its logical conclusion on the end of Heavy Rocks '11

>haha shoulda got the vinyl version :^)

cunts

They're one of my favorite bands but Built to Spill is very guilty of this.

All it shows is that they had the ability to do something else with the track, but decided not to out of laziness.

fuck Beck and his fadeouts

>Disciples

short doesn't mean interlude

people complaining about fadeouts are the worst

i mean sure if an artist does it all the time it's lazy, but this idea that it's somehow exclusively a lazy thing to do and can never simply be an artistic decision is dumb af

I fucking love The Smallest Weird Number.

The Beach Boys always had great outros that faded out way too soon. California Girls is another that comes to mind.

I've heard that your momma is dumb af

It's not a complaint about the compositional skill behind it, it's a complaint of being teased with something cool sounding only to have it taken away after a couple seconds.

Syd starts doing something really interesting on guitar in the last 5 seconds of this, ffs
youtube.com/watch?v=7hfPSkQ0xaQ

i always wanted to hear an extended version of olson by boards of canada.

id love to make it myself but their analog setup is next to impossible to mimic for a slob like me.

youtube.com/watch?v=p63OBIdGt-8
The sax comes in and the song just immediately starts to fade out it's such bullshit like come onnn

>best song is an alt version of an already unpopular unreleased song
>album it's on is a compilation with band's only very interesting works
>can't find it anywhere

Fucking Beat Happening

the pecan tree - deafheaven

That's the point, to suggest of something more.

fertilizer, i'll take bullshit if that's all you've got

>find sick version of Bad Apple on grooveshark when it was still alive
>Can't find it anywhere else
Suffering.

>Small Ambulance

probably because the fucked up a bunch in the recording right after that and they were like "well this part is cool, lets fade it out right here so there's that cool part but then they don't hear it fall apart

Fuggin Blackout
The last 2 secs are a fucking jam

I'm calling it right now AnCo is gonna sample the end of this song and turn it into a 10 minute loop

youtube.com/watch?v=JqR1QOjCqHA

David Bowie Blackout?

Also my contribution is the fade-out on Queen's Father to Son. Also it's practically unknown but the long version of the pre-Queen Larry Lurex version of I Can Hear Music. Beautiful fade-out but it's impossible to hear.

>David Bowie Blackout?
yeah
bowie probably did it to piss people off on purpose since he has talked about getting blue balled by fadeouts