What are your thoughts Sup Forums, also think I can make money off subscriptions?

What are your thoughts Sup Forums, also think I can make money off subscriptions?

Attached: hap.png (580x363, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siteground.com/dedicated-hosting.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Plex is pretty neat.

>Make money off subscriptions
Enjoy your hefty fine OP

People paying you for server slots? You better hope you don't get ratted out because that's an ass fucking waiting to happen. Other than the gigabytes of metadata it stores, it's pretty great.

>Pic very related

Attached: Untitled.png (363x481, 13K)

What if my hosted server is in Switzerland?

You'd be breaking copyright law pretty much everywhere

It's illegal there to monitor for copyright.

plex is good if you're a normie who is too retarded to buy a NUC/pi and install (open|libre)elec on it.

That's only applicable for non commercial uses. Since op plans on running a subscription service it would still be against the law.

And why is that?

That's the second part of my plan that I haven't worked out. I plan on putting the ecom services on another server in another country, and not linking anything together (not sure where yet). You pay the server in another country, and then you get an email confirming your account from a third party.

I only plan on have 500-1000 subscriptions at the most.

>Better have a solid PC when 5 people try watching something and it needs to convert all files to 720p or lower on the fly

I fail to understand your question.

Why is buying and doing all that other stuff better than Plex?

Why is plex better than doing all that other stuff?

because doing all that other stuff necessitates that your time is fucking worthless

This board is absolutely retarded sometimes.

dd if=blah.iso of=/dev/blah

so much time wasted

you must be the normie i'm referring to?

I figure I could use a hosted vps, but yeah I'll have to experiment with the capacity when running concurrent connections.

Explain

why use Plex when Emby and Kodi exist?

normies

Kodi is dead for normies

This. It's getting harder to torrent and most people want an easy way to stream illegal content

How is it getting harder to torrent?

Not for anyone with half a brain, but it seems more rare that people world be assed to do it. They want seemless streaming.

I know a few people that couldn't find a torrent if it wasn't on Demonoid or TPB.

I see what you're saying. I knew from the start of Netflix that streaming would effectively kill torrenting. Hence why I only stream a single service.

Because this nigga wants to run a subscription service for Plex with 500-1000 users. The amount he would have to charge to even make a profit is retarded. Transcoding isn't cheap and he will have to do an amazing job at covering up wat he's running from the vps provider.

And honestly, you have to admit there's just less seeds these days, especially for older stuff.

siteground.com/dedicated-hosting.htm

Doesn't seem so bad. It's not in the locale I want, but it's an example that enterprise hosting is available that will fit my needs.