Is windows 7 the new windows 7

is windows 7 basically the new 2009-2013 windows xp? people are refusing to upgrade

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thehackernews.com/2016/02/microsoft-windows10-privacy.html
arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#1d5528d83a23
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wasn’t a bunch of people stuck with Windows XP in China or Japan back then?

>he upgraded to windows 7

Attached: speccyee.jpg (674x560, 75K)

Wait ... what is this Windows 7 ?

because w10 is a steaming pile of shit. i have to maintain the pc of my nephew and this shit gives me nothing but trouble

glad i'm using linux

I'm going to keep using W7 until it falls apart.

>is windows 7 the new windows 7

I guess so...

> is windows 7 the new windows 7
yes. It's also the old windows 7 in case you didn't know

Attached: ははははは 3.gif (500x455, 496K)

Yes. And also with good reason. Vista was garbage and an experiment when it came out and stayed garbage for a long time.
Windows 10 is also garbage and an experiment.

Rekt

I was gonna stay win 7 until it would pain me not to move on
But after lurking Sup Forums for a week I'm going for loonix and libreboot

Because fuck increasing telemetry, fuck taking away freedom of choices, especially when it comes to updates which is basically someone you barely know shoving stuff onto your PC, fuck catering to tablets and their shitty tiles, fuck ads and fuck crashes. I'm getting more and more motivated to recover booting for linux i have installed on my PC and finally learn how use it properly to switch to some distro in the future when Win7 will fall off so low it won't be really usable anymore.

Attached: 1501541637914.gif (204x204, 3.84M)

> he uses a 32bit OS

>upgrade
Windows 8 and 10 do nothing I use significantly better.

i swear everything went to shit in my life when windows 7 was released, i just want
to go back before

>windows is literally so bad the next generation will use linux

Attached: 1520811346529.png (1000x1000, 159K)

Windows 7 sucked dick for me I have no idea why so many retards think it's a good OS.

Xp was considered to be bloated trash when it was released.

They still are

XP was always trash.

10>7>8>Linux>XP

Windows 98 se and 2k were the bees knees

Where can I torrent win10? Need shit for a friend.

you're right.
2k is probably my favorite windows distribution, no joke.

Well it was, seen from a professional perspective.
But for using it at home it was kind of fun.

Is it even possible today to buy a good laptop but WITH windows 7? If so which brands?

I upgraded to Mint.

Windows 7 is the last Windows.

t. Switched to Linoox

New, no.
Used, sure. Get a thinkpad.

If you have trouble with Windows 10 you're clearly a brainlet. It holds your hand through everything.

This

exactly. it's almost Playskool levels of interface. Not deserving of the hate it gets, although i'm sure i'll get a neckbeard sperg out for this comment

beeing stuck with picrelated is not a bad thing

na, win7 is the fix for vista

Attached: 1517358727255.jpg (1024x768, 106K)

>Windows 7 is the last Windows.

THIS

i have win7 booted on my gaming rig and thats it

everything else is lunicks or macotoshes

>All new laptops at work are 5 times as powerful as the old ones
>But they run Win10 and everyone complains that they are all slower than the old ones
How the fuck is my Core 2 Duo with 2gb of ram so much better than the new last gen i7, 16gb ram machines?

That doesn't make it not shit. It still doesn't allow one-click usage of context menu, middle mouse button paste, inactive window scroll, and I bet that search in control panel is still broken.

8.1 is still the best windows to date.It was a straight upgrade from 7 in terms of speed ,features and stability whioe also not going full botnet like 10.

I had to upgrade to Win10 from 7, because games run much better on 10. Disabled all of telemetry and never looked back since.

>he isnt using POSReady2009

Those were good times...

7 and XP were the only versions I've kept fond memories of

Attached: Cherchez l'ereur.png (1440x900, 1.88M)

>How the fuck is my Core 2 Duo with 2gb of ram so much better than the new last gen i7, 16gb ram machines?

the 'telemetry' and botnet features

thehackernews.com/2016/02/microsoft-windows10-privacy.html
Windows 10 Sends Your Data 5500 Times Every Day Even After Tweaking Privacy Settings

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2015/08/even-when-told-not-to-windows-10-just-cant-stop-talking-to-microsoft/
Even when told not to, Windows 10 just can’t stop talking to Microsoft

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/11/02/microsoft-confirms-unstoppable-windows-10-tracking/#1d5528d83a23
Microsoft Admits Windows 10 Automatic Spying Cannot Be Stopped

>win7 is reaching EOL
>win10 is shit
>fuck it, install Fedora KDE
>it's actually quite nice
It is not perfect, mind you. But after resolving issues with nvidia drivers everything just werks, and updates don't take ages to complete.

Because developers no longer care about quality. Before vista resources were limited so you can to try to make it use as little as possible and actually work. Now that there is plenty of HDD space and RAM available any pajeet tier trash is accepted now

>Disabled all of telemetry and never looked back since.

but you cant disable it all in windows 10

and your cpu is backdoored anyways

8.1 will be the last Windows I use, hopefully by 2023 Wine will have better compatibility with some DX11 games so after 8.1 ends support I can play muh gaymes on Linux.

>didn't get spectre/meltdown patch

They made a major update back in january for wine 3.0 for a huge progress on DX11. I say that 4.0 in 2019 it will be ready

>Just Wait ®

Is 8.1 really ok?
Why are only boys shelln 7?

Except they're actually making progress and if you're so smart why not you go finish the job

It's not OK, some people shill for it but I cannot tell you how many times that POS stalled in an update and I had to use a restore point.

I hope this is bait.

explosion magic is best magic

>8.1
its almost the same botnet shit as 10.
you would be far better with 8.0 (with only a couple of key security updates manually installed) instead if you would like to go that way

>It holds your hand through everything.

except when it breaks all the fucking time

I had to jump back to windows 7 because I managed to ge the unlucky straw and got Windows 10s fall update pushed on me along with other faggots who now have a non functioning or broken and buggy operating system

i presume that this gif should annoy people, but it makes me very comfy.