/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: 396cd2df4ed23744fd6664c2387b3b7a.png (1771x2508, 1.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: 47B7AB43-DAD2-4C04-AFAE-04EDF743AF95.jpg (4032x3024, 2.2M)

2nd for airline earphones

Attached: Korean Air Earphones - df.png (640x447, 76K)

>4 ears

>NO cameltoe
OP you had one fucking job

All the better to hear you with

Attached: whatdoyoumeannomeansno.jpg (356x384, 88K)

Get this post 9/11 anime out of here.

Attached: 1483896125355.png (485x600, 210K)

But why not two sets of headphones then? The lewd levels are decent but otherwise it's kind of a failure as a /hpg/ OP image desu

I like it, you're just a proper faggot

>tubes
Bad user.
>rape jokes aren't funny
Sure they are. Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd.

Idol trash goes to sleep.
Regardless, what's your setup like, user?
REMINDER: March 15, umi's birthday.
>cat ears
>feet
Good thread.

Attached: 1518819871930.png (1080x1920, 2.46M)

>Sure they are. Picture Porky Pig raping Elmer Fudd.
So you're 14?

we get it gen z user, everyone is underage. now fuck off

Pretty immature joke, user. Don't think anyone is going to debate it.

great! kinda like schiit. now fuck off

get a trip you fucking clown

What should I be looking for when buying on-ear headphones for listening on a PC without anything fancy? I'm asking because I guess it doesn't make sense to buy some $1000 headphones if I don't have DACs, amps, etc.

Where is the stopping point? I'm willing to buy expensive headphones, but I don't wanna feel like I'm not using their full potential, and I also don't want to just buy a lot of stuff before knowing if I'm into this stuff.

Recommend some headphones you think are good, I haven't decided budget, brand, open/closed, etc, I just want a general idea.

>Where is the stopping point?
stax

Good job. You forced Schiit into your phone post.

It's probably a cat ear headphone. There's also elf ear IEMs.

You have nice technology.
It's a George Carlin joke.

how will staxfags ever recover?

Attached: cucked.png (658x567, 252K)

Forgot pic

Attached: elf ears.jpg (552x461, 42K)

Attached: Rape_Jokes_Are_Funny.png (485x600, 203K)

Never buy Schiit products.

>#1 recommended brand by reddit shills because hehe i get to say Shit
>owner thinks authoring a 140-chapter work of fiction about the company history makes up for garbage quality control, performance, and customer service
>Schiit defenders are becoming poster children for post-purchase rationalization when shown their buys aren’t worth the money

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurements-and-review-of-schiit-yggdrasil-dac.2358/
head-case.org/forums/topic/12921-schiit-jotunheim/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/measurement-and-review-of-schiit-bifrost-multibit-dac.2319/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/budget-dac-review-schiit-modi-2-99.1649/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hardware-teardown-of-schiit-modi-2-usb-dac.2082/

>solder splatter
>caps on output
>Either they don't measure their DACs, don't care or don't know how to design a clean DAC.
>For me the biggest letdown with all of this is the major disservice Schiit and others are doing to the community. They are toting these frankly "shit" amps as power houses
>As we see, tons of jitter and distortion products are visible together with higher noise floor. Even the Topping D30 at $129 shipped runs circles around it in how clean its output is relative to Schiit BiFrost Multi-bit.
>There are DACs literally at 10% of the cost that do much better.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/6wdcig/bad_experience_with_schiit_audio/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7bwko4/schiit_refusing_to_replace_the_misconfigured/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/7b33wc/schiit_fulla_2_problems_about_blew_out_my_eardrums/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/71wtot/schiit_cs_has_left_me_between_a_rock_and_a_hard/

Attached: schiit syndrome.png (619x169, 47K)

A leftist propagandist with garbage morals. I'm so surprised gen z likes him.

>on-ear
Just get some porta pors and be done with it.

get a trip

When you spend that kind of money on headphones, you aren't buying them because they look cool.

From the same article

Attached: 57324837dd0895ed498b4979-960-407.png (960x407, 439K)

gen z user and floor user are the same person aren't they?

Nah, gen z owns a HD800 and some $1000 benchmark piece of shit.

Nope.

oh that's right, gen z user defends the biggest gen z brand schiit while calling everyone else gen z

lmao

No. But you can bully me more when he’s not around if that helps you feel better

Attached: CC402D91-ED83-4FD3-A317-3C6CD4E16134.jpg (4032x3024, 2.4M)

ok this is nice fetish

Yeah, you're buying them because they're so ugly that you think it'll circle around to looking cool again. But you're wrong.

>But you can bully me more
do you enjoy it or something? or are you just whining and trying to play the victim

I will get msr7 and use them at the gym!

Attached: dab.png (554x400, 66K)

They make good stuff and they're American. That's enough to send you into a rage it seems. Funny since Schiit isn't my first choice of amp/dac.
>benchmark
>shit
Negative.

Nah, I find it funny

it doesn't make me mad it just exposes your hypocrisy. haha! schiit! get it? like poop.

Sorry, not "shit". Just so overpriced that only retards would buy it for zero audible improvement over lower cost alternatives.

Thanks, but they're too ugly for me.

Attached: 2018-03-14 01_28_09-knee__gurr comments on Typical _r_headphones user.png (730x827, 31K)

Ya and if you ignore that it's an amazingly well built piece of hardware with a great company behind it.
I didn't name the company...

>Nah, gen z owns a HD800 and some $1000 benchmark piece of shit.
He "owns" a benchmark and HD800. He never posted his setup.

>I didn't name the company...
you defend a company with an infantile name that caters to gen z (by their own admission) with shitty measurements and poor build quality + customer service while calling other anons here gen z.

what a joke

>what a joke
No, just an american. Americans would buy and drink diarrhea bottles if they were made by a fellow American. TEARS OF AN EAGLE!

It's overpriced plain and simple. You made an objectively poor purchase decision.

fuck off, I'm an american too. kills yourself already. it has nothing to do with country

>tfw 1/3 soy

You have reddit posts that support your claims I'm sure.
How's that?

You paid $1000 for something not audibly better than $200 equivalents.

Is $1000 supposed to be a lot of money or something?

I won't kill myself before I witness the decline and collapse of your terminal civilization cancer.

That's not the point. The point is that the benchmark is overpriced as shit.

>i have a lot of money so I can throw them in the trash for the lulz xDDD
really shows how inconsiderate u are and how its ur mommys money kitchen boy

DAC3 is more than $1000 so not sure why you keep saying that. And it's better than $200 alternatives.

But what if he likes it?

It is not audibly better unless you can prove it.
He also likes shitting up the thread calling everyone gen z - doesn't make it right.

that's a lot of words to say "not happening"

True, guess I just don’t care how other people spend their money.

>It is not audibly better unless you can prove it.
How do I prove how shit your ears are user? I have no way to.

gen z is a combative, insecure faggot. floor user is weird but at least he's fairly passive and just seems to enjoy his stuff.

You prove it with blind testing. Previous blind tests do not support your claim so unless you can provide evidence, your argument is invalid.

>that's a lot of words to say "not happening"
Your country voted a world-class rodeo clown to represent it. It's not going to take much time before it becomes all about the electrolyte.

yeah? who's your representative? :)

What if you listen to something, like it, buy it, and enjoy listening to music with it?

Then you are simply a fool for not researching and conducting blind tests with lower cost equivalents.

So the lack of some subjective blind test is more important than the fact that the measurements are better, the build quality is better, and the software is better?

Attached: emma.jpg (1300x731, 98K)

Well, have fun with that.

Blind testing is the gold standard in science. Your lack of understanding of why it is important shows your own incompetency in understanding basic psychoacoustics and human hearing.

reeeeeeee why do you have to post this guy here

oh now I understand your vitriol

Attached: SnailEater.png (379x214, 29K)

Attached: F943CEE4-AFA7-4D07-A3A0-6034D1FE0A46.jpg (4032x3024, 2.19M)

Reminder that you could have the most accurate headphones ever made and people will still hate how it sounds.

>Blind testing is the gold standard in science.
Might be one of the dumber things I've read this year. So if more people think one thing then that thing is truth. This explains a lot about gen z.

Attached: 1486895389328.jpg (640x480, 165K)

Not an argument. I assume you are conceding and we are done here.

Accurate != better sounding.

Nice pic, did you clip it from cartoon network?

>complains about post 9/11 anime pictures being posted
>posts a picture of an anime made for little girls
hmm.

That's true: plebeians do hate how the HD600, the most accurate headphones ever made, sounds. Plebs gonna pleb.

It is an argument. Blind tests only show a select population and variable. In no way is it a gold standard of anything but retardation.

So you don't even understand what a blind test is. Is this, as you like to say, an effect of common core?

>Accurate != better sounding.
Um, no sweetie.

I’ll be needing a new dishwasher soon, where’s the best place to blind test em?

Not an argument. I assume you are conceding and we are done here.

You don't like Sailor Moon?
Do you not know dumbass? Simply giving someone random unknown variables with no control is beyond retarded.

ITT: people believe their ears can transcend even the lowest performing of electronics.
Somehow, the same people would perfectly be willing to admit a DSLR with an equivalent field of view to a human can take a picture that will have more details when zoomed in than we can perceive unless we get closer to the object. But when it comes to audio, cognitive bias just can't be fought against and people will buy $2k dacs to resolve details their sense is utterly failing at resolving.

Different user, I’m in the market for a new dishwasher and youve convinced me. Just wondering who/what organization I need to contact to hold the blind test.

>You don't like Sailor Moon?
I have nothing against sailor moon. I'm making fun of you because if you're going to be critical of people then you are going to have people be critical of you back.

in case you haven't figured it out yet since you are a little slow.. the reason you hate everyone here is exactly because everyone hates you for being an abrasive asshole in the first place.

This. I can at least respect floor user for simply ignoring psychoacoustics. But the gen z distorts and perverts the truth to support his own post-purchase rationalization. Talking to him always goes nowhere because he is mentally incapable of making logically coherent arguments and will shift goalposts and deflect without realizing he is committing a logical fallacy. Quite honestly, I believe he is autistic in the clinical sense of the word.

Oh. Do me do me!!

Who are you?

Calling out gen z speak moves to me hating everyone. Big leap there buddy.

Dishwasher user, I need to know where I can perform the blind test. I’ve been eyeballin a Kitchenaid because it will match the rest of my appliances...but I don’t wannna be duped.

There's not a single regular of /hpg/ that wouldn't want to kick your ass out of this thread.