What's an acceptable comp sci program ranking cutoff for the degree to be useful...

What's an acceptable comp sci program ranking cutoff for the degree to be useful? Do employers discriminate if you don't go to the best school, but still do well?

Attached: fullsizeoutput_1072.jpg (1280x1285, 318K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

where does that image show the millions of people who took an "indirect path" and ended up having a boring, meaningless life?

>10 people out of billions who just happened to be in the right place at the right time
epic

Why would it that's the standard if you take an "indirect" path. The point of the image is to show there's a chance to still make it. Not a guarantee.

>Bartender at his own bar
Ah yes terrible terrible work

Depends on the employer and the job. Maybe they only want the absolute best, or maybe they only care if you have that $40000 piece of paper. If you're not going to some shit tier college I doubt you have anything to worry about.

>Do employers discriminate if you don't go to the best school
Considering most graduates don't....

That's literally shit.

I was in pretty bad shape out of college so it's not that bad for me. Benefits at my company are pretty good though. I'll probably switch jobs soon.

I don't think they look at your GPA
60k is pretty bad for software development

It was the only place that accepted me after like 10-12 interviews. I could have gotten more maybe but I had low levels of life experience.

>60k is pretty bad for software development

Attached: 1516332305013.png (656x555, 178K)

Employers are nine times out of ten going to be dumber than you, they probably would not know the difference between anything other than ivy league schools and everything else.
As long as you know what you're doing they don't care, they care about networking, how you can handle yourself in a "business environment", etc.
Basically stuff that's really hard for autistic people because most managers are too dumb to realize autistics are considered incredibly good debuggers and shit.

In other words go read some meme tier books on psychological manipulation and NATO psyops stuff and teach you'reself how to interact with people.

That's assuming you actually know what you're doing first and are trying to get job second

why is cuban even on this fucking list? he owns his own bar. I will never own a building because i am worthless

Me on the top right.

This is why you stay in school kids.

>tfw 45k software developer

I'm a brainlet. At least I barely do any work...

paper cup man?

and your employer knows that. you might as well go work at mcdonalds and make more money

Generally owning a bar doesn't mean owning a building. You own the business, which leases a space in which to operate a bar.

Just because you're rich and famous doesn't mean you failed. If you're happy, and healthy, then who cares? The point is that not everybody was born into instant success. A lot of people compare themselves to rich/famous people who happened to get there early.

>most managers are too dumb to realize autistics are considered incredibly good debuggers and shit.

No, they're smart enough to realize that autistics are a risk factor. It doesn't matter how good of a debugger someone is if you can't be sure they aren't going to start sniffing women's chairs in the office because they don't understand social cues.

tfw started out with less and got paid in canuck pesos

>management can't properly hire a tard wrangler and purchase some cheap scrap metal to turn the spare office into a cage
if you aren't prepared to have a plan for chair sniffing you'll never get stuff optimized to an autistic standard

i love these threads from people asking for career advice and nothing to do with technology discussion. it make it extremely easy to give advice: kill yourselves.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2304096/Graduate-physics-PhD-31-fell-death-block-flats-taking-job-centre-qualified-for.html

>Wasting money on a tard wrangler

Are you retarded? The other issue with autistic people is their inability to communicate properly and work with teams, which is one of the most important things in terms of getting shit done.

Regardless of what you might think, someone who can do 80 - 90% of as good of a job as an autist who is also capable of communicating with team members and higher ups is 100x more useful than an autist who can sit in a room for 13 hours and crunch numbers all day.

Assuming proper delegation of tasks and good management; having a dedicated debugger rather than forcing teams to set aside time they could be using their specific skill sets on is a better choice.

One debugger is not enough for large scale codebases, you're going to need a team of debuggers.

Furthermore, your debuggers are still going to need to communicate with higher level management, and the teams building the software being debugged.

>ranking

No one fucking cares. No one has ever cared about Anglosphere manipulated wanking.

You want to see if a programme is useful look at what companies hire its alumni, nothing more.

I always pictured myself retiring like this after the long endless toil of sucking cock for grant money.

Another undergrad fooled by payscale bias.

Even top-tier CS grads will start out with less, unless you have an uncle in MS/Google.

Software devs in general (not top-tier CS) earn around 40k mid-career.

Any idiot can be a dev.

90k after 2 years experience is more than 95% of professionals will ever earn. It's more than most chemists and physicists will even earn in their life times. Don't be trolled by undergrads.

That picture is full of shit.

You first have to realize that academic studies are a jewish trick to leech out pockets from teenagers and families. And meanwhile corporate capitalists will sell shitton of crap to them. Rent houses, food, travels, insurance, etc, etc,.

Look up statistics on why academic studies take too long. It's all an economic trick.

Thank me later.

The picture has nothing to do with academic studies? It literally shows people who didn't get into university and lucked out in other avenues.

>having women in the office
Enjoy that lowered productivity

nobody cares about your degree in this field.
If you're only interested in getting a job, you shouldn't waste 5years at school.
On the other hand if you just wanna learn and/or pursue a career in academia you should probably get a degree.
If building a social network is your goal, get a degree in a school for richfags.

>t. thirdworlder
100k here, first job, no experience except my internship, bachelor's degree in a very shitty meme college.
cherry on top : close to border so I can live in my own country where housing also happens to be cheaper.

It's not even a big/famous company.

I always sniff my co-workers chair once in a while when they're away. It smells like shit. Even my boss's chair smells like shit. Please tell me that I'm not alone. What's wrong with this?

I didn't say you can't get 100k I said most people don't.

Especially software devs working in the city.

All American CS programs are crap. Most international CS programs are also crap.

Attached: CS school.png (2200x3276, 2.97M)