So Threadripper is a fucking meme right?

So Threadripper is a fucking meme right?

i mean two of those four silicone bricks dont even work.

is AMD purpously be a meme?
are all pro AMD cpu comments shill?
yes, op is a fag
q

Attached: nwO2QA6SqtsNkCnC.jpg (4032x3024, 1.84M)

is this another one of the anti AMD shills that have been all over Sup Forums today

Fuck off back to >>/reddit/

DiD YoU JusT AsSuME My Board????

i am coming from twitter if you must know

Attached: giphy.gif (500x211, 1.74M)

>producing EPYC
>80%+ yields
>rather than throw away chips that don't make the cut, disable two of the Zeppelins and sell for 1/4 the price to HEDT market

No, it's not a meme any more than Intel's Xeon-W and Core i9 are a meme. They're for workstations, not for gaymers or the average PC users.

Pro components have extra security features such as ECC compatibility and secure memory encryption.

I'm enjoying my ripper. you're just mad you can't afford it.

Attached: moarcoars.png (833x581, 34K)

>8mb l2 cache
u dun goofed

>0% CPU util
No you're not.

based 1950x checking in, mah nigga

Attached: threadripper 1950x.png (645x478, 32K)

that is obscene

AMD products can't utilize ECC properly. Let that sink in for a while. It's a joke company.

>security features such as ECC

Attached: dunce32.jpg (1000x989, 106K)

/hard/ fag here,
they just glued together 4 4-core CPU's together, knowing hyper-loyal fanbois like you fags would guy it regardless of what it can do.
I hope you're happy you threw 1000 dollars at a glorified multi-CPU motherboard that i could make in my basement for 400$ :^)

> Pro components have extra security features such as ECC compatibility and secure memory encryption.

AMD CPUs can't use ECC properly. Try again, pajeet.

Oh well guize, I misspoke, AMD is finished and bankrupt!

That's false. Certain motherboards don't work properly with Ryzen and ECC memory, meaning they won't halt with an uncorrectable error and in some cases Windows won't log the errors correctly. For motherboards that do support it correctly, it works as it should, and the same would be true for Intel.

The terrible thing is all 4 dies likely work but Intel and AMD like charging unreasonable amounts for server CPUs. Odds are having two different manufacturing lines costs more than the few dollars each die costs to produce.

>task manager doesn't fit inside a monitor
Kek, I like it

with threadripper, ill take amd at face value and say 2 of the dies dont work and are there for spacers

its likely cheaper to have 1 line to make threadripper and epyc cpus then it is to have 2 lines making essentially the exact same package as far as attaching the heat spreader and solder is concerned.

Surely you use your hardware at 100% all the time.

Attached: 1481588961823.png (1182x956, 1.03M)

I'm happy with memes if it gives me that price/performance. Enjoy your OCD OP you autismal homo. :3

Absolutely. Too bad Skylake-X is an even worse meme.

It doesn't even have all 4 dies. The two dummy dies are just there so it fits the same socket as EPYC.

1/3 the price of comparable Intel performance. Nice meme.

wood glue lmao

> That's false. Certain motherboards don't work properly with Ryzen and ECC memory

Stfu. Ryzen motherboards claiming to have ECC enabled is still buggy as shit, because AMD is a scumbag company.