Do anyone seriously think this?

do anyone seriously think this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R02CZmkk-w0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I do.

Are both versions of tlop available yet as anything other than a shared file?

I mean it's not a fair comparison, Kdot pretty much threw together leftovers and people just ate it up. Not that it was bad by any means, but it doesn't deserve as much praise as a full length lp like tlop

I havent bothered listening to the new version is it worth it? not sure how anyone can think an album with the Ray J, Bleached Asshole, and Sandwhich lines is better than UU. not to mention how the saving grace of ye is usually his personality, which is very hard to like in TLOP

i do

he didnt hype it up as anything, just released them because he didnt want the TPAB rejects to never be able to see the light of day. that said TLOP had plenty of songs that sounded unfinished and unmastered, espescially in the writing department

>TPAB rejects
I have my suspicions this isn't entirely true for the whole album. There may have been some "interpolation licensing issues" which delayed their release and also possibly dictated the manner of release.

Guys, the real question is

¿COLORING BOOK > TLOP?

hhaotysf

youtube.com/watch?v=R02CZmkk-w0

and do you have any back up for that other than your random suspicions? TPAB was a very thought out project, the UU songs were all probably songs he used to play around with ideas (I Can Explain sounds like it wouldve played a similar role in the album to For Sale?) or songs he thought wouldnt have fit (Untitled 2, Untitled 7) into the context of the album. im sure he chose his final tracklist for TPAB early on

coloring book is the best hip hop project of the year so far imo. im usually a kanye stan but TLOP is too much of a lazy mess for me, its just a reminder that he has music on the back burner and kardashian curse is catching up to him. I wouldnt be surprised if he ended up giving away a lot of his gospel ideas to chance for coloring book

>TLOP had plenty of songs that sounded unfinished and unmastered

Pretty fair point

>and do you have any back up for that other than your random suspicions?
for starters tpab is absolutely loaded with interpolation credits so I'd be surprised if there are absolutely zero interpolations in uu.

also I think some of the songs are very strong so I'm doubting they're "rejects" just for that reason. As I recall the recording dates are all documented so I don't think having them finished in time was an issue.

The second version, the one on spotify right now if you dont want to bother searching torrents to get it, is far better than the first one, a lot of vocals are better now and the production is way more worked.

i do. coming off of TPAB, UU is Kendrick's most underwhelming work. TLOP is not near Kanye's best, or even AOTYSF, but its still a better album than UU

regardless if the release was planned or not, some of the mastering on the songs definetly give them a reject feel. as well as some of the bars, as very rarely it'll feel more like a reference track than a complete song. however I think many people overrate TLOP and fail to realize many of the songs have terrible, rushed writing that makes half the album sound like a reference track. im not sure how many lines kanye actually fixed for the "updated" version (which further illustrates how much of a rushed mess the first version was) but it was bad. however for the UU songs that sound like reference tracks only sound that way because of a grainy sample or too loud/quiet drums, and kendricks verses in these unfinished throwaways are still amazing, certaintly better than kanye's rushed attempt at an album this year imo

yes. uu is a bunch of overrated throwaways. 6/10
it seems that tlop is kanye's most underrated album at the moment and it will probably grow on people. only bad track is famous. 8.5/10

The majority of the album is exactly the same. If someone didn't like it the first time, I doubt or will change much.
That said, I do listen to it far more than UU.

IT WAS AN EXTRAS TAPE.

E X T R A S

IT'S GARBAGE

And it still manages to be better than TLOP