Worse programming language

What is the worse possible programming language and why is it Python?

Attached: puke.png (505x208, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

interactivepython.org/runestone/static/thinkcspy/index.html
docs.python.org/3/library/typing.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>what is the worse possible language
murican education

>using double quotes
Mongoloid

If you think python is the worst thing ever you havent seen anything
Look up fortran, brainfuck, java and so on...

Watch that spacing boy.

Python is close to the worst, but not the worst.
The worst that's had such large adoption, for sure. But not the worst when you look at lightly adopted languages.

Java is at least slightly better than Python.

Do you want a proper answer or do you just want to get yelled at ?

It's actually incredible this born archaic language got pushed so hard that it actually got to be this popular. It's frankly discouraging when there are so many better languages out there.

really depends on the keyboard layout

Obviously the indentation will kill the compiler, jam the cpu, stop the cooling system, trigger a meltdown and blow the lid off the power station rendering a 100km zone uninhabitable for centuries.

Actually I prefer C or Perl over Python.

How about lua where misspelling a name will silently give you a null instead of producing an error?

>What is the worse possible programming language
Fucking punch-cards faggot.

Name a better language than Python with these features:

Readable syntax
All levels of skill accessible
Cross platform
A huge library of modules and extensions

Exactly.

But is that an actual Python error or is your IDE just telling you to use an indentation

Not him, but imo double quotes are easier to reach on qwertz keyboards.

(OP)
>But is that an actual Python error or is your IDE just telling you to use an indentation
This, desu, famalam. Indentation isn't difficult unless you're working in Notepad.

I teach elementary IT and I learn Python at uni. It's rare (AFAIK) for a language to be making interactive programs by the third lesson.

You forgot to mention autistic as a feature.

What's the point of readable code if it's so autistic it's practically unwritable by beginners?

Looks like the IDE is very confused.

did it find a space where it searched for a tab? I remember having that kind of trouble with python a couple of years ago

>I am a retarded
>but it is python fault!!!

Attached: IMG-20180308-WA0019.jpg (768x1024, 130K)

Oh sweetie, all code is autistic. There are no normal developers.

>Oh sweetie, all code is autistic. There are no normal developers.
Wouldn't that make being autistic normal?

I like lua but yeah this is very annoying
Language is good otherwise

that would be COBOL, or C++

Only if developers were the norm across society. Obviously, they're not.

Maybe not regarding general population but rather the field of programming. Thus non-autistic code should be frowned upon as deviant.

You know, I get that forced whitespace is a departure in the world of programming languages, but you know what I've never wasted one minute of when working in Python? Reformatting someone else's code. I'll take that trade.

If you want to object to other features of the language, have at it. But flipping out over tabs is pretty stale.

Honestly i prefer Comic Sans

Python isn't bad at all. Get some real perspective. Look at the abomination that is sepples.
You're actually better off generating C code with lisp if you wanted the functionality that language provides.

Python is a machine that separates people who can use their text editors properly from those who can't

I vote for JavaScript

someone obviously hasn't been on the hiring side of the spectrum or known infrastructure. a productive programming language is a good language, period.

python is shit, i can't understand how the fuck is so popular
i'd rather use some meme javascript framework than writing python

why is it shit to you ? is it the typing?

Everything about python is shit
Literally all of it

Python isn't the worst language, but its kind of stupid.
Shit typing and doesn't even have multithreading.
Multithreading is pretty much the thing a language should at least have in current year.

should be easy for you then to be more specific.

gil is not a big deal by transforming whatever you were trying to do into the realm of message passing.

it's very awkward to type but at least it's no PHP
what I really hate is using indentation as syntax, it just sucks

who the hell thought using namespaces as viable parser tokens was good? how do you even reliably parse or pipe such file with unix tools?

>muh colons

python is just a toy language for students and sysadmins.

>you know what I've never wasted one minute of when working in any language? Reformatting someone else's code.
If you need to reformat every code written by someone else maybe programming isn't for you.

I take it they aren't shift single quotes then

"every code"? Of course not. But sometimes, yes--either because someone has used genuinely bad formatting that hurts readability, or (less often) because the project has an established style that has to be conformed to.

Source: professional programmer since nineteen-fucking-ninety-eight.

Attached: ernie.png (480x360, 180K)

what

Standard QWERTY layout has double quotes on the same key as single quote / apostrophe.

IIRC, QWERTZ uses SHIFT+2.

Thanks for enlightening me. I guess I'll go put QWERTZ strongly in the "no thank you" column on my spreadsheet now

QWERTZ is actually really comfy

>qwertz keyboards
Nobody gives a shit about germs.

>Not switching keyboard layout for passwords

Fortran and PL/1 were just as bad hence their demise. White space management is only acceptable within strings.

Not to mention the fucking mess Python 3 created. Print “something” is now illegal.

Yeah, I'm with you about Python 3. If Python 2 ever dies I'll be off to another language.

not who you're replying to, but i'm just learning programming now and picked python on a whim. i find it really easy to understand and i'm enjoying myself very much.

without enmity, can you (or anyone reading this) give me reasons as to why it's shitty or not worth my time without memeing me or calling the language "autistic"

Attached: 11111632_1598242597112227_5874117677173770097_o.jpg (1748x2048, 271K)

Don't listen to this board, python is ok and useful for many tasks, but don't limit yourself to it.
If you're curious about how a computer really works I'd recommend you to learn C, if you just want to learn something that will get you a job learn Java and Javascript.

thank you, i appreciate it. i'm travelling at the end of this year because i've never done it, but after i get back i'm really thinking about university or some form of tertiary education to get into the IT industry. i find programming to be really interesting in a way i don't find many things interesting anymore.

Attached: 6802769_orig.jpg (570x800, 188K)

You might want to check this out: interactivepython.org/runestone/static/thinkcspy/index.html

>Not to mention the fucking mess Python 3 created. Print “something” is now illegal.
Sounds like it fixed a mess t b h.

>python is bad because I can't indent properly

Attached: Q1E8HKd.jpg (645x773, 47K)

Objective-C is fucking communism.

Python is easy on the eyes and has great ecosystem. One of the most useful languages out there.

Python is comfy, I'm not a programmer but I was able to write some scripts in Python to do data manipulation with Pandas ind Matplotlib. This is why it is useful.

That would be java

this

python is the best language for scripting, fast prototyping and small shitty projects that don't require performance, comfy and really easy to code fast

i can't wait for Crystal 1.0 tho

I loathe Python, it's such a fucking mess and they have the stomach to proclaim it to be elegant. It's such a fucking disrespectful thing to say when there are proper elegant languages like Lisp or Haskell.

If I wanted aids at least I can get it quickly with C++

>proper elegant languages like Lisp or Haskell
(found
(the
(actual
(autist
))))

>no constants
>no defines
>if __name__ == '__main__':
>dynamic type declaration but you have to manually cast to type for half the shit you wanna do anyway
>passing self to every class function
>spaces instead of tabs
>the faggy community that unironically uses dipshit terms like, "pythonic"

Tbh, I could deal with most of this shit if the language just had static types.

>not writing a parser that automatically converts curly braces to indents (whatever the fuck that is)

>if the language just had static types.
docs.python.org/3/library/typing.html

R

haskell you dungpie

1. Mess between V2 and V3
2. Spacing as a syntax requirement
3. Verbosity

I’m sure others will be able to add.

Thats like saying SQL is better than Python

Patrician languages like C require double quotes as single quotes denote characters. This is how it should be everywhere.

Anyone can “learn” to love a language until they see how much less of a struggle it is to write something complex. I learned to love COBOL until I discovered C and Java.

Maybe in your NEET fantasy. I like Haskel but its mostly useless in reall life.

Trips speak truth.

Dude, this thread is fucking epic.

The only good thing about C is that it's not C++

There are languages that dont pass even the turing test

You mean aren't Turing complete? GTFO.

Attached: sip.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

They also won't pass the turing test, so he's not wrong per se.

In the same way that "blue" is not a prime number. Good job.

Exactly, still technically right though.

this, single quotes are for char

i agree they do look better doe

>Doesn't have multithreading
from threading import thread

>his compiler doesn't tell him jokes or make him tea
Get a load of this 20th century luddite

Attached: 1445620034261.jpg (460x736, 229K)

I'm not going to say that Python doesn't have plenty of flaws, but it's not even in competition for the WORST programming language.

That's a funny way of spelling Lisp.

Novelty languages like brainfuck are cheating.

Ruby.

Lisp syntax and Haskell syntax are totally different. Compare this Haskell error handler:
module Main where

import qualified Prelude

data Option a =
Some a
| None

bind :: (Option a1) -> (a1 -> Option a2) -> Option a2
bind x f =
case x of {
Some x0 -> f x0;
None -> None}

map :: (Option a1) -> (a1 -> a2) -> Option a2
map x f =
case x of {
Some x0 -> Some (f x0);
None -> None}

default0 :: (Option a1) -> a1 -> a1
default0 x d =
case x of {
Some x0 -> x0;
None -> d}

to the same thing in Scheme:
(load "macros_extr.scm")

(define bind (lambdas (x f)
(match x
((Some x0) (f x0))
((None) `(None)))))

(define map (lambdas (x f)
(match x
((Some x0) `(Some ,(f x0)))
((None) `(None)))))

(define default (lambdas (x d)
(match x
((Some x0) x0)
((None) d))))

For shits and giggles, here's the same error handler in OCaml:
type 'a option =
| Some of 'a
| None

module Option =
struct
(** val bind : 'a1 option -> ('a1 -> 'a2 option) -> 'a2 option **)

let bind x f =
match x with
| Some x0 -> f x0
| None -> None

(** val map : 'a1 option -> ('a1 -> 'a2) -> 'a2 option **)

let map x f =
match x with
| Some x0 -> Some (f x0)
| None -> None

(** val default : 'a1 option -> 'a1 -> 'a1 **)

let default x d =
match x with
| Some x0 -> x0
| None -> d
end

If you can't wrap your head around any of these languages, you should just quit.

You're too fucking retarded to even know how to spell the name of the language, how in the hell are you going to pass judgement on if it's "useful" or not? Have fun trying to write a concurrent server in 40 lines of Java, you faggot.

>fortran
It isn't 1977 anymore.
>brainfuck
Esoteric languages don't count. Nobody is writing serious programs in them, they're more for though experiments.
>java
>worse than python

Attached: 1505272328625.jpg (1000x1014, 125K)

There is literally nothing wrong with PHP.

Nothing makes me cringe harder than when people use elegant in respect to coding. Such a fedora teir cliche

>java
>not worse than everything

Attached: 1339550542691.jpg (1024x768, 294K)

I LOVE JAVA NO BULLY

Attached: 1511447330487.jpg (509x625, 31K)

user, do you seriously think that anyone on Sup Forums knows anything about ocaml?

>do you seriously think that anyone on Sup Forums knows anything about ocaml?
as you ask someone who does know about ocaml on Sup Forums

>python 2.x
>too stupid to even use the proper indentation standards

COBOL CALLED TO SAY GET ON MY LEVEL!