RAM is 4x more than it used to be

>RAM is 4x more than it used to be
>SSD prices won't go down

WHY IS IT STILL SO EXPENSIVE?

So when will the world wake up and tell these Gook fucks to euthanize themselves for inflating the prices and running a cartel to ensure the prices will never go down? "NAND shortage" "DDR shortage" is possibly the dumbest fucking excuse and lie I've ever seen. There is no NAND shortage, it's not something you can run out of, why the fuck is everyone so silent about it?

Attached: 1508424979618.png (301x243, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01HAPGEIE/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Just don't upgrade you're shit when you don't need it.
I do most of my work outside the office on a ThinkPad T43p and the hardware Jews can go fuck themselves with their cut insensitive dicks.

I don't need to upgrade my shit you fucking gook, I need fucking RAM to run my systems, you stupid fucking gook. Why do you gooks fail to use proper arguments defending your price fixing?

>I don't need to upgrade my shit you fucking gook
>I need fucking RAM to run my systems, you stupid fucking gook.
Decide yourself.

>forgot to mention GPU prices
wtf mate

>I don't need to but I need to
You sound like someone who shouldn't have anything to do with computers.

no wonder china has managed to avoid jewish influence those fucking gooks are even worse than the biggest nose

Attached: 1501951963737.jpg (601x601, 65K)

nice try

Attached: hitler_get_a_load_of_this_cunt.gif (155x173, 948K)

Both jews and asians have high IQ's. In fact, the gap between them and whites is basically the same as betwen whites and niggers, which is why both of the groups will fuck us for eternity and have already colonized us.
>tfw both of them have ethnostates, too

Attached: 1520485600664.jpg (250x300, 15K)

Demand can go up a lot quicker than supply can go up, because increasing supply takes building a new fab, which takes a couple years and a few billion dollars.

explain to Sup Forums how to run a computer without ram, you dumb gook

jews have high iq because middle easterns are smart

chinks have high iq because they literally cheat, rig and practice for IQ tests before taking it

there's a huge difference my dude, also there's no jewish ethnostate, because it's not an ethnicity

Demand went up with 2%
Supply went up with 3%
Prices went up with 200%

You don't increase the prices by that much when the demand goes up with 2%

>>Demand went up with 2%
False, was far larger than that. Servers, GPUs, and smartphones have all demanded a great deal more memory capacity in recent years. Also remember that RAM comes from the same silicon wafers as flash memory, and that's seen even more increased demand over the same period. Again due to smartphones, but much more due to servers, as more and more datacenter storage gets moved off of spinning rust.

>RAM is 4x more than it used to be

Wait, Ram is now £4 a megabyte? It now costs over £120,000 for 32gig of ram?

I remember in the early Pentium days (mid-90s ish) when 16MB of RAM was a couple hundred dollars. I'm sure there's some oldfag who'll come along to yell at us to get off his lawn, since he remembers paying a thousand bucks (or triple that, in today's money) to put 512K in an 80286.

We trying to make cheap but chink and pajeet keep buying up all the coltan and cobalt for shitty budget smartphones and aliexpress knicknacks.

Stop buying poogear and chinkshit and give business to the maker you trusting.

stfu you piece of shit, there are only 3 manufacturers and they're all gooks, chinks or whatever term you used for these slant-eyed yellow midgets

there are enough factories to supply every household with ram but they'd rather sell it for a more expensive price because nobody can do anything about it

FUCK YOU

>False, was far larger than that.

prove it, you said it's false, therefore the onus is on you.

get the fuck out of here you mongoloid Sup Forumstards nobody fives a fuck about your retarded racist ideals. The hardware market is fucked because all the buttcoiners. now delete this thread and go back to beating off to anime grills you fucking loser

Price fixing by chink fabs

>if you call out the chinks for their price fixing, you're a racist!!

what did he mean by this

you're just reaching now. unless you have somthing to substantiate these "price fixing" claims or whatever your tiny little brain is trying to call them, you're just being a racist little boy

SSD prices have dropped since november though

>slant-eyed yellow midgets
kek

>you're just reaching now.

says the chink who calls everyone a poltard or racist for exposing his price fixing

Attached: 1520131700653.png (768x469, 74K)

The Chinese government has an ongoing investigation into DRAM price fixing

Micron is US-based.
There's already a post by Trendforce back in 2017, and I bet you missed it.

Not enough desu.
It needs to be $100/TB

they are even pushing gooks down our throat via kpop

jdimsa

I bought a 500GB Crucial SSD for $129 the other day, that's pretty damn cheap compared to the prices I was looking at a couple of years ago the last time I was in the market for a SSD.

you can get a 8TB HDD for that price in USA

So? They're completely different products. A Kia Rio starts out at $14k but a Porsche 911 starts out at $91k.

Attached: umji_reads_your_post.jpg (1080x1080, 53K)

Because the punishments for collusion are insignificant, and because RAM is so critical the profit margins are humongous.

>it's not something you can run out of, why the fuck is everyone so silent about it?
You fucking what. If your fabs are running at max capacity and you sell everything you make immediately of course prices are going to go up.

Are we entering the post desktop era?
RAM manufacturers have no reason to build more fabs and even if they did they, the RAM produced would go to low end phones sold to street shitters. Cryptosheckels are out in the open and miners won't stop hoarding cards. GPU manufacturers will cater to miners and focus on the crypto market once they are 100% sure crypto won't go away.
Dark days ahead of us.

We've been in the post-desktop era for years now.

Buy used.

Crypto-cunts could be dealt with easily enough: if more than 2 cards are detected in the same system, both are forced into their lowest power state and stay there, which in turn murders their performance (enforced through both driver and vBIOS restrictions). Want a card that doesnt have this restriction? Buy the Mining Edition™*!

*Mining Edition also has a 500% markup over the exact same normal card.

Euthanize yourself for buying a phone every fucking year.
The market is being pushed up because its struggling to keep up demand, see GPU's also.

Gee sure is getting Sup Forums in here.

its getting to the point you wont save money building desktops anymore so you're better off with a laptop or ohone depending on your needs

its not expensive at all, it the NORM now. expect the prices to go up any minute now

I fully expect them to do this, especially given that research institutions are starting to get mad about gpu prices, and they have actual influence.

Prices will go down when the US is balkanized and the Northwest American Republic converts all the Jewtel fabs to make RAM, SSDs and MIPS SoCs. There's a huge untapped market for secure desktop computing using chips that don't come with built in hardware hypervisor backdoors. Between that and the agriculture and natural resources up here, we'll be one of the wealthiest and most technologically advanced nations on Earth after the collapse of the dying Jewnited States of Burgerland. Mutts can get fucked.

Depends on the Asians. Pajeets and Chinks are dumb as rocks while the Koreans and Japanese are actually intelligent. Jews aren't anywhere near Northern Europeans and Northeastern Asians in terms of intelligence.
>muh high verbal IQ
All that yids do is flap their mouths and lie through their teeth. But they can't build a house, create beautiful works of art, or do anything meaning on their own. Jews need whites, not the other way around. They're parasites. If the US were to cut funding and military support from Israel, they'd cease to exist within months. Whites and Asians have higher visual-spacial IQs, which is why we're better in mathematics and working with our hands to build things.

Isreal is a Jewish ethnosate, settled on stolen Palestinian land because some whining kikes claimed it was theirs thousands of years ago. They're a bunch of rootless freaks that leech off of everyone else. Nobody likes Jews.

Somewhere, in the middle of the fucking rainforest, there's a man in face paint holding a spear and yelling about how much he hates Jews.

Attached: 60e3dd_5813096.jpg (825x793, 125K)

Even a brainlet like yourself should be able to figure out why that wouldn't work.

Limit on the OS end and people would change OS. Wouldn't be surprised if someone is already mining on a raspberry pi.
Assuming it can't be hacked, miners would buy out low end motherboards, RAM and CPU's again screwing up the market but on a broader scale while they save money on the 500% markup. You would still need only one power supply.

DIY super computers would be out of the question, literally gimping our own technology for may gaymen.

Processor cache and hella swap

honestly this whole thing is wall street’s fault, they’re so deluded now they don’t understand that the system is an abstraction of the real world and not the reverse.
Cryptos are probably the first time their delusional stupidity is going to bite them in the ass in a while.
I find it incredibly concerning that the shareholders, some of whom actually running businesses that effect the real world, can’t understand the simple nuances that differentiate value, wealth, currency, and money.

Jews only have high verbal iq, and that's only the Ashkenazi sub group of Jews.

The difference between blacks (65-75 narrow distribution curve), and whites (95-105 flat distribution curve) is much bigger than Chinese (110, very narrow distribution curve) to whites. We're both smart enough to keep civilization alive, unlike blacks or Amerindians however the social practices of the Asians leave much to be desired.

>the social practices of the Asians leave much to be desired.
I can’t remember where I heard it, might’ve even been /jp/, but apparently the problems the mainland chinese have are entirely cultural.
The actual chinese over on taiwan don’t act like bug people.
Apparently.

try $160 at minimum

This goes on sale for 130 USD every now and then.
amazon.com/dp/B01HAPGEIE/

Your*

Hong Kong is mostly fine too, because they had the British teaching them civility for 150 years. Mainland China is an absolute shithole though. I'd pay good money not to ever go back there.

The market is struggling because retarded chinks and gooks think it's cool to have 6-8gb of ram on a phone

And anywhere from 32GB-256GB of flash memory for storage.

It's because many goldenboys are as sick as gambling addicts. They can't actually measure profit/risk ratio correctly after a few years in this job.

On the other side, you have retards not understanding that you don't long-term invest in a bubble.

What else are they supposed to use, hard drives? Or are you saying other manufacturers should've gone the Apple way and sold phones that barely had enough storage for the operating system?

Honestly 64GB is the minimum for a decent phone.

>bought 4x8gb 1600mhz ddr3 2 years ago
>roughly 90$ a kit
>sold both 16gb kits for 140$ each a few weeks ago
feels good

It's easier to push retarded and dumbed down race based conspiracy theories than actually learning economics.

I want to upgrade so badly, but now I feel like just getting 4GB more DDR3 Ram and putting up with it till 2019.

Attached: speccy.png (527x397, 21K)

>Phenom II X4
>4GB DDR3 668MHZ RAM
>Radeon HD 78XX GPU
>no SSD

I'm sorry

Why? I built it in 2011. It has done a great job in those years. With some more ram it could play newer games like xcom2, dark souls 3 and witcher in playable 30fps+

Definitely got my moneys worth.

I have a similar setup (although with an SSD) and it works wonderfully for what I do. Don't fall for the jew

It's the Koreans who are price fixing along with American kikes, the chinks are trying to up their fab game to lower DRAM/NAND prices for their domestic market

>middle eastern
>smart

You are quite the the mistaken brainlet. You are thinking of Hispanics, who are just above Negro's on the iq list. Whites soar above blacks by 20 points on average and are very close to Asians. Well, most whites besides you. You must be on the back end of the bell curve, in the low 90s. I'm 120, myself.

Attached: figure143.gif (504x298, 22K)

Some gpu card makers are already doing this.

>Jews aren't an ethnicity...

Wow you're a fucking idiot aren't you? Ashkenazi Jew is in fact a separate non white ethnicity.

>Ashkenazi Jew is in fact a separate non white ethnicity

prove it, show the fact you fucking mouthbreather

Could have sworn I clicked Sup Forums

this is pol

Attached: download.png (264x191, 11K)

People are upgrading hdd/ram instead of buying the new cpu/mobo

Every board is pol because pol is always right.

I didnt want to believe this at first, but here I am.

By 2020, unless Chinese factories don't blow up from corporate sabotage, new waves of ram will flood the market, dropping the price like a stone in a pond.
Only then, will the price gouging finally end

Attached: 1519076519113.jpg (419x767, 51K)

Because of miners. RAM is at a premium because all the miners are buying video cards. If they made top-end video cards without hardly any RAM, then RAM prices would drop again.

SSDs are pretty cheap right now. They are on par with 2016. I've saw 850 EVO 500 GBs going for 99 € new, now 120. Which is still better than 160+ last year.

Most people don't need more than 8 GB of RAM. I'm a power user, I even video edit on my 12 GB Triple Channel rig, no problems. The other runs on 8 GB. A friend games on his 8 GB. Better get a Ryzen as long as they are cheap.

it's all about the prebuilts now baby

>stop being racist
>calls someone a mongoloid