Why aren't you using solus yet Sup Forums?

Well?

Attached: scrot.png (275x301, 10K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/utcU5Ay
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because I use superior NixOS?

I like to install packages

Let's use a mediocre distro that is maintained by literally 5 people!

GENIUS!

DE showcase. Also way too bleeding-edge, just like every other rolling-release distro I've ever seen.

also this, I'd rather have a distro that's been around longer and that I have some confidence won't vanish any time in the next decade

>Ubuntu, a company with millions of dollars and hundreds of employees can only make a shitty debain derivative that just uses software made by everyone else
>Solus team with one full time employee and a handfull of volunteers creates an entirely new branch of linux from scratch with their own desktop environment, package manager, and a whole bunch of bespoke utility programs.
>Ubuntu feels like a cobbled together mess with amazon shoehorned in whilst Solus feels genuinely polished
Really makes me think

I don't use Solus regularly but I found the experience pretty OK. It's nice visually as well, and was mostly bug free.

Assuming things run smoothly and you don't need to google tech support (seeing as ubuntu has way more documentation and q&a online) I think Solus is a much better choice for a normie linux distro if you're going to install it on grandma's PC or whatever.

>way too bleeding-edge
>solus

What kernel version is it using? If its not an LTS branch it's bleeding-edge.

fuck off kevin

Because it doesn't ship with Microsoft Explorer.

This. Solus is super smooth and feels complete without loads of unnecessary bloat (600~ packages out the box vs 1400+ on Ubuntu).

>souls
can... can it run dark souls? At least inspired by it?

budgie-qt and sol package manager and I'm legally changing my name to Kevin

doesn't support btrfs

>an OS inspired by dark souls
you want to use your computer with the difficulty of dark souls?

Well... yah... You are right. That would be way too easy.

Kevin fuck off

Package manager doesn't use Yaourt
No thanks
Fuck off, Kevin

i already am, user.

>yaourt
HAHAHHAHAHA manchild

OK then, Kevin, in comparison to Yaourt, tell me what makes eopkg "better" than Yaourt and why

This

snaps?

cuz i am

Attached: 2018-03-14-075141_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 326K)

I run arch btw

no you got me wrong, I don't use Solus. I just take every change I get to laugh at archfags acting superior to others all while running a horrible distro

Is this supposed to be a bad thing?
The only people who like btrfs have never actually used it.

Package count means nothing. The same setup as default Ubuntu on Arch would take up less packages as they don't split their packages much. Who says the same doesn't apply to Solus, especially given that it uses yet another different package manager?

Alright kiddo, what distro do you use?
>this is when he stops replying

Daily Kevin shilling thread.

Attached: 59f66441-dc3b-4489-90a0-9a5aaaf1423c..jpg (1920x1200, 378K)

fuck off kevin

Attached: comparison.jpg (1776x544, 125K)

Attached: 1479091828838.jpg (800x800, 102K)

Attached: 97274c9e-b1ea-4bcf-8e2b-149e4d26305c..jpg (2500x1365, 1.9M)

Install Debian Xfce

In all honesty, I'll switch to Solus once an official KDE iso is offered or when Budgie is ported to Qt.
Also, the version of dolphin offered in their repos (5.something) doesn't have vulkan support and I like to play sum gaymes as smoothly as possible in my shitty hd 4400; whenever those are addressed, I'm switching. Otherwise, Arch it is.

Attached: f9ec1fa4-dc65-4726-9370-123a9795ff5d..jpg (1200x707, 443K)

Tried solus, kde neon, and sabayon kde on live usb.
Installed sabayon.

Because Solus is at an awkward 3.99 version and I want to see how it survives its upcoming major changes before I comit to it.

Budgie in its current form smells of placeholder at times, especially Raven sidebar which is still woefully under-utilized. Solus mate is great though.

Souls OS official discord guys : discord.gg/utcU5Ay

>Discord

Attached: serveimage.jpg (3504x2336, 2.7M)

Oh shit he posted it

Attached: 2018.03.14-14.49.png (1920x1080, 575K)

Stallman, Sup Forums uses proprietary JS. the fuck you doing here? Go back to asking your employees to fetch you pages.

is anyone over 20 in that room? just looking at that pic makes me feel old.

Yeah we have at least 20 people in there over 20, and another 5-10 over 30.

already posted, NixOS

Solus was last year's meme.

It was 2016's meme, but it still lives on.

Because I installed arch and am pretty satisfied with it.

Sometimes is better to start from scratch rather than adding patches over patches over old code.

thanks for continuing to dismiss solus, Sup Forums. it helps to keep distro-warrior ricer idiots from piling in and shitting up the official support channels.

solus is a perfectly fine general-use distro for the desktop and it's a breath of fresh air to go on the forums and not be bombarded with buuhhh systemd bad muh packages arch arch arch arch arch arch *cocksucking noises*

Too late fag. Now tell me friendly is Solus with computer illiterate people. I'm planning to install Linux Mint in my parents' laptop but I'm considering alternatives to it.