/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
don't fall for the hd600 meme
Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: 93ca3c89b1c937d00ac6e920b73dc3e1.png (1200x934, 1.12M)

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/threads/pleather-vs-leather-debunking-the-durability-myth.600095/
superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/kr4star-is-a-butt-and-pacotaco-gets-discounts-on-review-gear.5398/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: dre.jpg (2301x3382, 1.06M)

STAXFAGS BTFO

Attached: 1521018866657.jpg (1137x499, 79K)

Are you guys buying the new audeze gameset

I just bought a x00 ebony instead of a hd600.
The he500 is my hd600.

Attached: 2DI6WjN.jpg (1440x810, 98K)

Good job user. Keep up the good work.

Attached: deezboots.jpg (179x239, 27K)

>buying neutral headphone if you're a nigger

Attached: snap.png (882x758, 239K)

gonna need some labels

Is that bad? I don't understand measurements!

check previous thread. it’s a disaster. indo user was right.

bass rolloff, bass hump of mud, uneven midrange, no treblu

it’s basically the equivalent of a lower mid-fi open can

staxfags actually thought they were getting a bargain on stax lmao

$700 + amp for a low midifi performance
a true bargain indeed

no bully zone all headphones are great

Attached: IMG_20180305_221913352.jpg (2080x1170, 1.35M)

I wanna hug that cat

Attached: 1f2df97b34a22e6a1a5745f54cf488482d0f701f_hq.jpg (854x480, 51K)

Is the K712 worth it?

yes but get them from europe

They arrived!

Attached: IMG_20180314_135200.jpg (4000x3000, 3.37M)

this, thomann ships to US

delete this

>Audeze Mobius

Yes, no, maybe ?

I must say bluetooth and a decent mic makes for a headset which would be great for office use and taking calls. I'm not sold on the 3d sound thing though.

Sounds like you can use it without the 3d sound. Also at only 350 grams they look like good all day headphones.

do you want audeze quality control, tiring customer support, mystery meat on something that has electronics and a battery?

>STAX shills bombed /hpg/ with shitposts to the point that it became unbearable
>proclaimed that the L300LE will be the headphone Jesus
>Through a twist of fate, said headphone is a flop and delayed indefinitely
>STAX shills disappeared into the woodwork immediately

Heh and you wonder why some of us are laughing our asses off.

they thought their weird novelty headphones would actually outperform any modern headphone lol

>Heh and you wonder why some of us are laughing our asses off.
Indeed. There was no end of stax spamming when people discovered the L300LE on audiocube.

Attached: lolstax.png (852x758, 533K)

>delayed to September now

Vaporware?

huehue what I was gone from /hpg/ for a few weeks and noticed they had all left even the chiru.no guy. What happened with the delay on the L300LE?

Update: They are great so far and really, really comfy. They sound good too however the adjustment on the right cup is a little loose. It doesn't move on the head though.

Attached: IMG_20180314_135348.jpg (2916x2458, 1.19M)

Sexy, must have been a relief getting them, if they're from China.

I wonder who regrets their purchase more, staxfags who dumped about a grand into their anticipation for $150 worth of headphone or those two guys with ZMF’s hyperfucked Foster biodyna drivers in poorly designed custom wood housings that produce tons of distortion and ringing for $1k markup

>What happened with the delay on the L300LE?

Principal delayed shipment to distributors until late summer this year.

>What happened with the delay on the L300LE?
Probably importers lying to their customers and not having any weight in getting units from STAX. Some people who have ordered in japan got the L300LE already, headfi guy seems to collect lambda series (what a waste of money holy shit).

Attached: 20180312_202954.jpg (548x974, 82K)

Why did it get shilled hard in the first place?

>Why did it get shilled hard in the first place?
Some retards believe the cheapest, lowest price electrostatics like the Stax Lambda series, are TOTL material that competes with highest priced dynamic headphoes.

idiots easily amused by a quirky Japanese relic riding on the legacy of their past successes

babby's first electrostatic

lambdas barely compete with midfi dynamics and this looks like it was made with even more cost cutting. lol the absolute hilarity that they worked themselves into thinking they were getting a deal

>staxfags who dumped about a grand into their anticipation for $150 worth of headphone
Over $1k if they also bought the amp

I bought them on eBay from a seller in the UK.
They are the best closed headphone I've tried so far, I'm in love with them.
I'm comparing them against the Sennheiser Momentum, B&O H6 and the ATH MSR7 that I've tried previously (on different occasions)
I'd pick these over all of those headphones. I'm impressed.

Also the wire is really nice (doesn't kink and has a metal 3.5mm male end with a screw on 6.35mm

That's quite the endorsement. Where they a decent price?
All your headphones you listed are closed, do you have open ones too? (I'm not asking you to compare the Takstars to open btw)
Cool man, I'm interested in them myself but don't want to risk some random arbitrary import ransom.

>taking SBAF measurements seriously

I know you HD600 shills are desperate but this is a new kind of low.

>Where they a decent price?
£50
>All your headphones you listed are closed, do you have open ones too?
I don't own all those headphones, have just tried them in stores, though I used to own the MSR7.
pic related

Attached: IMG_20180214_090853.jpg (3036x2988, 1.37M)

SBAF measurements are fair when it’s not a company they have an interest in defending like schiit. this just confirms what every “magnetcuck” was trying to tell you shills for months

sorry for your loss

So is it hd600 vs all of the Stax product line? And that's the only rivalry in existence?
Why does it take all of a companies products costing 10 grand to try to bully some humble unassuming £300 cans?
Why not Audio Technica vs AKG? As one is ripping off the other in terms of design.

>humble unassuming £300 cans
Shills often call it THE BEST HEADPHONES IN THE WORLD, Caps on an all...
It has less to do with the brand or model itself, AKG and Beyer owners for example tend to have a more realistic view of things.

£50 wtf, you got lucky there. Yeah I seem to remember the cable is good for s stock one. They're supposed to be fun sounding so have some fun.

interestingly enough the midfi Beyer and AKG lineups are also better than stax lambdas and especially this latest piece of trash

Fair enough but there is the possibility that the owners who like them don't just like them, they love them.
Kind of like s marmite type of thing.

I forgot to detail that I meant modern stax lambdas*, the old ones are still great

What a lonely looking cat.

Attached: 20180307_140616-1.jpg (1936x2582, 878K)

>SBAF measurements are fair when it’s not a company they have an interest in defending like schiit.
SBAF measurements are still half-fair even when it comes to Schiit, it's their interpretation that's mostly wrong. Armin duly noted that their measurements showed the same defects as his.
The only wrong SBAF did to their measurements is putting all the Schiit dac behind a USB cleaner which hides the weakness of usb interference in Schiit's stacks.

I want to sniff her used pantyhose

Why is it that I never see anything about Grado in these threads when they're a relatively big manufacturer? I'd be less intrigued if it were just that they had a certain bias here so nobody bought them, but it's just dead silent.

So anons, opinions on Grados?

Attached: image.jpg (536x960, 289K)

You won't like the responses.

Because there's nothing euphonic about a 2khz peak and most of their house sound line, SR, measure so identical you might as well consider them the same headphone. They all have a high amount of harmonic distortion which is totally unacceptable in 2018 when even sub-$100 can remain decent there.

Garbage, antiquated driver tech. A company that funds ZERO R&D whatsoever. Higher end lines only exist to feature a bit more premium and nicer looking materials and line up John Grado's pockets with your money.

Attached: sameshit.png (988x557, 126K)

I actually bought both zmf and the l300le. I just woke up lol @ this today's general
what's with people thinking this measurement is bad? are people so stupid that they can't see the obvious 8k dip + bass rolloff and immediately think poorly sealed coupler? all the lambdas (300, 500, 700) are ported, just seal them. pic related

>indo user was right
right about what? hahaha

Attached: SR-507 - Good vs Bad seal.jpg (1200x669, 137K)

I need a good call of headphone in brazil that costs 25$ - 75$, I'd prefer closed and neutrla headphone, but it could be cold or warm too, I'm looking for a headphone to work with (programmer), it needs to be very comfy.
thanks in advance you dumbos

aural nightmares

like, /hpg/ bullshittery aside, these are fucking bad headphones. not like "i'm shitposting so i'm calling your headphone bad" bad, i mean that treble is physically painful unless you have treble hearing loss or running it through such a warm source that you have no detail left bad. not that grados have much detail in them even on a perfectly transparent source...

>I actually bought both zmf and the l300le.
You forgot to buy MrSpeakers.

>i bought zmf
lol

Attached: lmao.png (1119x631, 119K)

Why not just steal some from someone else you dirty jungle monkey?

because I'm white

CAL.

>THD+noise
no I didn't.

>>THD+noise
no shit, that's what's horrible about those meme boutique pieces of shit

get a real biodyna and not some retard's woodworking project that he stuffed full of foam and cloth

not sure why you think he did that. he spent 2 years alone sourcing the drivers. guess you could just pickup woodworking and do it yourself though couldn't you?

two years well spent, he can't even approach near-decade old biodyna driver design from a real audio engineering company in fidelity. the distortion and ringing on the ZMFs are the definition of lo-fi

Attached: lol.png (1165x632, 95K)

>feet barely visible
meh thread

>guess you could just pickup woodworking and do it yourself though couldn't you?
No, he couldn't which is why he doesn't make crap headphones and instead buys them from companies that have real engineers.
This is like saying he can't build a good laptop so he shouldn't criticize Acer.

what should I look for in good headphones?

Fill the form in OP

I agree, no one is above criticism. this is the same guy that always posts trying to shit on zmf. he claims he could make a better zmf headphone. the fact is that it took zmf a year alone to just find a supplier that wasn't expensive out the ass.
those are about the same levels of distortion as . actually the eikon is a bit better. you just need to learn how harmonic distortion works and how THD+N averages the harmonics. I see that's too advanced for you though, I understand

Point out where he said that he could make a better ZMF headphone.

lmao go look back a couple months maybe you'll find it.

So nothing to back that up then. Cool.

we're anonymous after all. why are you trying to defend him user? :)

Same person here
> the adjustment on the right cup is a little loose
I just fixed this by folding the small bit of metal outwards and its normal now.

how many people need to buy these before the
>REEEEE it's the next FOTM chinese meme no one has tried it outside zeos
stops?

I will use my msr7 at the gym and get them sweaty!
Ill wipe em after and everything will be fine!
Change my mind.

You would take them over msr7? really?
I mean soundwise?

this isn't anything new, people have said they prefer the pro 82 over the msr7

comfortwise only

Soundwise I would take them over the MSR7, they feel less boring, but that's just me. The MSR7 definitely has a cleaner sound that a lot of people will find preferable.

Attached: IMG_20180314_170458.jpg (3867x2193, 870K)

Are the pads genuine leather? I'm just wondering how long they will last.

About what I expected to hear. The company has been severely mismanaged by John in charge and Joe's in the dirt. Good to hear that people don't meme about them because they're not even fun to meme.

I will say that original series Grado, the ones Joe worked on, are some good shit. Not worth the price you could have paid back when Joe was still alive to slather some snake oil goop in the housing or on the outside of the pads, but still competitive with recent headphones.

pleather lasts longer than genuine leather. what you mean to ask if it's genuine pleather. yes, I know how that sounds

>Pleather lasts longer than leather
[Doubt]

head-fi.org/threads/pleather-vs-leather-debunking-the-durability-myth.600095/
>Properly manufactured pleather should stand 200,000 rubs or 54 years. While, leather can stand for 100,000 rubs or 27 years.

So, how do we know if the pleather on a headphone pad is the good kind or not?

typically cheap or chink shit. from the pictures the pro 82 doesn't look like it would flake, it looks well stitched and not sprayed on

John is literally just riding on it's past legacy and the "made in USA" schtick

unfortunately garbage made in the USA is just garbage, not something that our citizens should be proud of :(

Explains some shitty sony headphones I had from staples for a while. The pleather was just pealing off. Assuming HM5 pads are real pleather then.

nvx and hm5 are both real pleather

You sound awfully defensive whenever someone criticized ZMF. Are you affiliated with them by any chance? Like a real life shill?

superbestaudiofriends.org/index.php?threads/kr4star-is-a-butt-and-pacotaco-gets-discounts-on-review-gear.5398/

handing out shill bonuses to random forumers isn't outside of the ZMF playbook. wouldn't be surprised.

You seem awfully aggressive towards ZMF in particular. Are you affiliated with MrSpeakers by any chance? Like a real life shill?

You realize how stupid this sounds and how this argument goes nowhere, right? But hey, go with whatever narrative you'd like. Knock yourself off.