Why is this allowed?

why is this allowed?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mT5TqFj0d7Q
youtube.com/watch?v=fR_8gpJCT4I
youtube.com/watch?v=hevtLRjLJ2c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

maximum sounds accelerating at very hihg speed

What would a guitar sound like with all of those on?

Guitarists are just materialistic as fuck. I play and I have a bunch of pedals but my board is usually an Overdrive, a Fuzz and a Delay

I'm not gonna lie, I silently judge guitarists with massive boards. If they actually utilize the effects in a good way I give them half a pass, but I swear most of the bands I see with 10-15 pedals in front of them on stage don't do shit with them but end up sounding like a siren or some stupid video game shit

I don't want to sound old fashioned, but the truth is it hinders creativity as a player if you have all these gizmos to make trippy noises for you. The truth is you'll be a better player if you take off the training wheels and just play the actual instrument

>sonic_youth.jpg

Guitarist are like photographers. Bunch of fancy terms, spending more time talking about gear than actual practice

you don't sound old fashioned friend, shoegaze was happening over thirty years ago

you just sound dumb

>guitar effects sounding like a siren
dude thats the best part of radiohead live shows

and your favorite guitar players look stupid compared to real musicians

>rock
>real musicians

>end up sounding like a siren or some stupid video game shit
kek

>real musicians

ay la

how can musicians be real if our eyes aren't real?

/p/ musician here.

This is absolutely, 100% truth. It's a world of gear over substance.

>what's biased data

Fuses, voltage transformers and power grid output.

>I play and I have a bunch of pedals but my board is usually an Overdrive, a Fuzz and a Delay
How are your Behringer pedals user?

im actually more bothered by the way regular ass players gush and go on about gear. I'll be sitting there while they watch youtube videos of such and such distortion pedal and everything and it all sounds really boring if you actually know how to use a computer and make different sounds. It's kind of weird to me the way people just go buy a toy to get a sound and think it's something special.

What's even more boring is playing a computer live at a gig

live gigs are stupid it's just a bunch of drunk people damaging their ears

That's nice.

Have fun being alone on Sup Forums

>I'll be sitting there while they watch youtube videos
Why are you watching youtube at band rehearsal?

Greetings my dear euphoric enlightened friendo.

guitarists are the least talented musicians by far

i don't know why all this shit is allowed to be so big

musicians crave layered sounds, fresh sounds and these things should be mere knobs and buttons, tiny. Not a fucking gameboy size for every piece

why do you think laptop music is boring at a gig? because there's nothing for you to look at?

Don't say it's because of some spontaneity improve bs, because people can do all that variation on computers now.

why are you assuming it was at a rehearsal? Why did you change it from them watching to me watching? are just really shitty at reading cause you're dumb?

huh I really am a neckbeard right now desu. Im overweight and I stopped shaving a few weeks ago to grow a regular beard

it's true really. There are acts Ill still go see but it's basically shit. It's pretty much a cultural problem derived from the fact no one really cares much about listening to music.

Musicians are one of the most at risk groups for hearing loss. Think about that. Shit is stupid as hell.

this is the truth

>Musicians are one of the most at risk groups for hearing loss. Think about that
if you're so concerned just get some fucking earplugs

>damaging their ears
Never heard of ear plugs gaylord? You can buy cheap ones from hardware stores that are just foam and they protect your ears while you can still hear the music

Because pedals without a footswitch are fucking terrible.

I see a lot of guitarists with upwards of 10+ pedals, usually ones that they'll use only for one part of one song, and nothing terribly original, either.

Meanwhile I have only about 5 pedals, and can play all sorts of interesting stuff using.

It's all about technique and how you can combine effects.

No shit.

What kind of argument is that anyway? Who would want to go to a place where it's so loud you have to wear ear plugs to listen to music?

I can't afford good ear plugs so when I'm wearing them there's a lo pass filter on everything and I'm surrounded by a bunch of people talking. Gigs are shit man.

Then go to /fit/ there is no reason to be an unfit fatfag.

>noise rock = noise

i am triggered

>I can't afford good ear plugs

They cost like fucking $20.

>it's true really. There are acts Ill still go see but it's basically shit. It's pretty much a cultural problem derived from the fact no one really cares much about listening to music.
Sounds like you go to the wrong gigs desu

>ITT pissy Sup Forums children

>/fit/
>unfit fatfag
>the two options

ill check it out. it's the eating that kills me though. no control over my environment as a neet and tons of junk food here

a digital sim of an effect will never behave exactly as an actual analog effect

>no control over my environment as a neet and tons of junk food here
Jesus christ you weak-willed pussy ass bitch just don't eat shit. Go out and buy some proper food for yourself if there's none in your immediate environment. baka

youtu.be/mT5TqFj0d7Q

better materialist than idealist I say

Noise, basically.

What do you mean, noise musicians mostly just play around with their gadgets like in the picture. its not like you can't get noise sounds through a guitar

Fuck off Karl.

Correct, noise and noise rock are different. Noise rock is still conventional rock music, but you can make actual noise using a rock ensemble too.

Do guitarists ever make feedback loops with their pedals? I do it with synths sometimes it's fun.

my FL plugin list is the same thing. Should I delete most of them and just keep the essentials?

there aren't any gigs where they don't play too loud.

analog is shit anyway. It's the same in electronic music. Shit's just toys. It's fine to use and everything but mostly to do anything interesting it costs too much money. Everyone I know doing electronic music with analog stuff does it pretty shitty. It's the same mentality as the guitar pedal thing, they buy some modular synth and just sit around tweaking little bloops and things out of the box, only they never make anything interesting cause there's barely anything there, just a couple oscillators and shit but they will gush about it's warmth for hours.

yeah it's easier said than done when you are cooped up here all the time.

its basically what merzbow does here. just replace his contraption with a guitar

youtube.com/watch?v=fR_8gpJCT4I

I do it all the time.

A lot of the time when I use loopers I'm stacking notes or drones to make tone clusters out of them, it's fun.

Thanks for reminding me I still need a looper.

I already make noise using guitar and pedals desu.

It's really not that different than using a synth.

>Who would want to go to a place where it's so loud you have to wear ear plugs to listen to music?
THIS. It doesn't make any sense.

I got one just to make industrial music, you can do a lot with loopers, like run field recordings or vocals through them.

Larry Lalonde is a bad ass guitarist and he uses alot of pedals.
youtube.com/watch?v=hevtLRjLJ2c

>dragonforce shirt

is this image from 2008 or something?

Neckbeard evolved?

Yea I sometimes use a delay pedal sort of as a looper but it's too short. Maybe I should just get a real nice delay.

You suck balls mate

Go see a live show that you genuinely enjoy that's not just rock music. I saw a dude sit down with his guitar, three amps, maybe six pedals including a channel splitter thing (I don't know, I don't have any pedals) and played the most moving drone guitar set I've ever heard.

If you take a genuine interest in music (which some people do here on Sup Forums) and you see acts which feel the same, it's pretty magical.

I'm not a fitizen, but it's not that hard.
>replace all your drinks with water
>don't buy garbage for food
>eat all of your food groups
>portion control with meals
>if you snack, snack healthy