youtube.com/watch?v=RtdmPN0WJM0
youtube.com/watch?v=C_ADjpeLg1w
youtube.com/watch?v=mk0PdLZqZqU
youtu.be/GNd0FLkdcN0
youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THE BEST MUSIC

depends on what part of the south youre in

i guess the answer you were looking for was kinda bland/generic outlaw country and classic rock

Johnny Rebel

Hatestomp, Pantera the list goes on

Blur

Neutral Milk Hotel

OH COUNTRY ROOOOOAD
TAKE ME HOOOOME
TO THE PLAAAAACE
WHERE I BELOOOOONG

post-country

everything except rap and country

Blues, rock, jazz. We are ground zero for modern music. Music would be nothing without the musical contributions of the South.

uh huh yeah

Vacation in Athens is calling me

Blues from Mississippi, dixieland jazz from Louisiana. Both of which evolved and formed the basis for music today. From chords based on fours, AABA and 12 bar song forms, the all important backbeat, and the creation of the drumset with the new use of the double bass made up the pulse in popular music. The list goes on. This is all true even to this day.

Lil Flip

Same as everyone else, what's popular.

Pop country is way more liked than it should be, though.

Leonard Skinird desu

LOOK AT THIS PHOTOGRAPH

Johnny Rebel
Johnny Cash

If you want to fuck a Southern Girl all you gotta do is blast some Kenny Chesney from a pickup truck.

>northerners don't know about banging screw and swangin in candy coated slab

youtube.com/watch?v=qsNwDjUjbfs

the GOAT

I see a lot of people in trucks with their rebel flags listening to nigga bass rap blasted through subs. It's irony at its best.

youtube.com/watch?v=czXt46lSwfc

PanterA

I've was driving on the road that song is about today...fucking hate country "highways." Nothing is better than getting going 55 mph for 100 yards until the next red light. Fuck the south.

>LE EBIN ZAC BROWN BAND

Johnny Cash
Merle Haggard
Conway Twitty

That's pretty funny actually, the South is known for only listening to rap (trap mostly) and country.

Alabama man here, rap and gold school is really popular, but mostly classic rock and country.

DEATH COUNTRY

youtube.com/watch?v=RtdmPN0WJM0

>If you want to fuck a Southern Girl
I'd rather fuck something that's not 300 lbs

Jason Aldean and Future

Texan here
I listen to mostly industrial, synthpop, techno

mostly rap if you're in the city
country and rap if you're in the country
rock if you're a white teen maybe

wilco

youtube.com/watch?v=C_ADjpeLg1w

ghetto south probably alternates between rap and pantera. everything else is probably ted nugent, nickelback, florida georgia line etc.

Everytime I go to the supermarket there's Nickleback playing.

Texan here.
I like Woody Guthrie, Townes Van Zandt, Hank Williams, Sr, Merle Haggard, Jimmie Dale Gilmore, Robert Earl Keen, Guy Clark Billie Holiday and Bad Brains.
I love this state, fuck what anyone says. Is my Dad a crazy, backwoods racist with barely a high school education? Absolutely. Am I an alcoholic, redneck fuck with a dumbass accent? Absolutely.
Nothin' beats those Texas roads on a late night though, I tell ya.

That's all I ever hear at where I work. Songs about fucking tractors and shit

Man that would be a sick collab

This shitty excuse for a metal band. Pure white trash music.

youtube.com/watch?v=mk0PdLZqZqU If you want to cringe

You've never been to the south and assume they are automatically dumb and close minded being the open minded liberal you are.

When I was still in high school, Indie was big. Diiv, wavves and occasionally anco.

too patrician

A lot of the same stuff that's popular in other parts of the country, but if you want to get specific, white males who fly the dixie flag are probably either listening to some Jason Aldean or Florida Georgia Line, or listening to proper older country music - the type of stuff where you're pretty sure -no, you're certain- that the dude singing was drunk in Nashville and just stumbled into the studio. Think George Strait.

Older, settled-down, bible-belt "Metal is satanic and tattoos mean you're a sinner" types like my parents listen to Contemporary Gospel (Think Big Daddy Weave, Third Day, etc, I've avoided the genre for so long that I don't know any of the new "artists" creating monotonous and boring Christian "pop")

Rap fans in the south tend to lean towards Southern artists that are trendy. Lately it's been Fetty Wap. God, the amount of white college-aged rednecks who meet up in their pickup trucks, half drunk on light beer, in my local grocery store's parking lot, blasting Fetty Wap songs from their speakers and singing along loudly, is depressingly pleb.

Of course, anywhere you go, you'll find a huge variety of music tastes, and you'll find a lot of people who are into Coldplay, U2, etc, and think their taste is unique and different simply because it's not rap or country.

So yeah, that's Mississippi. I'm sure other states might be different. I know Southern meme-tier pop-rap is really popular in AL too.

burn it down bby

I live in Texas.

fuckin wew, the comments section is a circus

Hick hop

Music about fucking your sister, being traitors, being ignorant, making shit money whatever.

Fuck the south I wish you cunts had seceded burn in hell.

Agree with this but
>Chicago blues scene = best blues scene

Georgia here. Say that to my face yankee fuck.

TN reporting i listen to the mountain goats, sufjan stevens, the beach boys, king creosote, john vanderslice, vampire weekend, tv girl, bibio, etc but mostly the mountain goats

the south will save this country from degeneracy fuccboi

You say that to MY face treacherous grayback

JASON ALDEAN

triggered

Southern nights wit good tastes listen to this and

Memphis rap,southern hip hop in general, and trap,along wit sludge metal,Death metal in Florida too

crap

I LIKE SUGAR N I LIKE TEA

Jonny Rebel

TN here and yeah that band seems to be real popular with pickup drivin' white boys. The only thing I've heard by them is that Bad Company remake they did but I see their tees all the time.

Do they listen to stoner and sludge metal there?

Depends on what circles you're in. A lot of modern country and radio pop/hip hop, but I know some people who listen to rap and I have friends who like more obscure stuff. I usually introduce people to "weirder" music, but I have one friend who's shown me some pretty cool stuff too. It's just about who you know, man.

But generally modern pop country. Which sucks.

You're doing those lyrics wrong.
Even the Deep South has an incredibly diverse musical landscape. Jazz, R&B, Hip Hop, Blues, Folk, Metal, Indie Rock, Emo, Punk, Bluegrass, and Country are all huge down here. Even if it's just with a niche market, for as decentralized and poor and underpopulated the South is there's always something new coming from any of those genres, especially from Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, and Louisiana.

I think it was the Scaruffi rating that gave this album meme status. I understand the criticism: no 9's all millennium, 1 9.5 for the history of music, then suddenly out of nowhere a 10 for such a politically divisive record? OBND is, to be fair, spectacularly flawed: it hews too close to its obvious inspirations, Trout Mask Replica, Kaoru Abe's Winter 1972, and Stravinsky's Rite of Spring to name a few; some parts, most notably the 9 minute modal jazz fugue 'If My Truck Could Talk', are ambitious to the point of onanism; the dynamics, from -25 dBA RMS for tracks on end to the sound-barrier-breaking cathartic noise tempest on 'Two Night Town: Part II (the Second Night)', make it no less easy for ears accustomed to modern production. I would argue that it is precisely these flaws that give OBND it's effervescent je-ne-sais-pais that keeps me coming back to it. From Aldean's liner notes to Burnin' It Down, the centerpiece of his divisive modal post-country album, Old Boots, New Dirt:

"Suppose that a man leaps out of a burning building and lands on a bystander in the street below. Now, make the burning building be Europe, and the luckless man underneath be the Palestinian Arabs. Is this a historical injustice? Has the man below been made a victim, with infinite cause of complaint and indefinite justification for violent retaliation? My own reply would be a provisional 'no,' but only on these conditions. The leaper must make such restitution as he can to the man who broke his fall, and must not pretend that he never even landed on him. And he must base his case on the singularity and uniqueness of the original leap. It can't, in other words, be 'leap, leap, leap' for four generations and more. The people underneath cannot be expected to tolerate leaping on this scale and of this duration, if you catch my drift. In Palestine, tread softly, for you tread on their dreams. And do not tell the Palestinians that they were never fallen upon and bruised in the first place.

>Two Night Town: Part II (the Second Night)

Kentuckian here, I mostly listen to Autechre, dub techno, glitch, the list goes on core

>Kentucky
>Southern
Hillbillies+Poverty+Country music =/= The South. Pennsylvania might as well be southern at that rate.

MUSCLE SHOOOOOALS

Kentucky is southern both culturally and geographically m8

God if I were from the south I'd be so fucking embarrassed fuck

SC here, got a battle flag and the stars and bars on my wall next to a johnny cash poster. favorite band is godflesh, really like dub and acid too.

>song about louisiana
>lyrics confuse creole and cajun

Why? It's not like you can choose where you're born at.

>where you're born at
Ha you even talk on the internet like a fucking hick

ok then

underrated post

BUT I DONT LIKE NIGGERS
NO SIREE

Here's from the last week.

I'm in bumfuck Arkansas.

Glad this was so high up in the thread

THERE'S TWO LONE THANGS THAT'LL MAKE ME PUKE

As a southerner, I agree Chicago is a lot smoother. They're different. Delta blues is beautifully raw, I find.

youtu.be/GNd0FLkdcN0

that is the joke

field recordings of diabetes pumps (performed live)

Must be a Mississippi genre

my fucking nigger

I mean mostly /bleep/. but like most people listen to pretty pleb /bleep/ like jump up dnb and the bad kind off house music. Grimes pretty big too these days.

Underrated

"POW! You dont know about me!" grime not
" B E H A V E " grime

That motherfuckin' pedo is a northerner.

i listen to all of the songs in one:

youtube.com/watch?v=WySgNm8qH-I