Y
E
A
R
S

Other urls found in this thread:

theavalanches.com/?lf=379085654495e51b8041cc954e896d06
noise11.com/news/new-music-releases-may-20-2016-20160520
soundcloud.com/escalator-dreams/possible-new-avalanches-music-audio-from-since-they-left-us-trailer
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

HooOLLLYY SHIITTT

hoooooooooooooollllllllllllllllly fakkkkkkkkkkkk

damn...

HAPPENING

GET

Are those snippets in the video new tracks?

ITS HAPPENING

so ariel pink,FJm,royal trux and danny brown confirmed?

is this a movie? or an album? or both?

it'll be fine

WHAT IS THIS?
A DOCUMENTARY ABOUT THE SECOND ALBUM?
WHERE'S THE SECOND ALBUM?
ARE THE SONG CLIPS IN THE VIDEO FROM THE ALBUM?
IS THIS SOME ARG BULLSHIT?

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

theavalanches.com/?lf=379085654495e51b8041cc954e896d06
movie

into the trash

Fuck you The Avalanches

>movie
JUST DROP THE FUCKING ALBUM ALREADY
FUCK

Fuck

that fucking danny brown snippet. holy fuck

What are the Avalanches?

So when and if this album ever comes out, will it be as good as it's been hyped up to be?

>end of "Since They Left Us"
>credits roll
>"Avalanches LP2 will be released on ____"
>they make everyone sit through an entire film in order to see the release date of their next album

>what the fuck do you think has happened
What did he mean by this?

Probably not.

DANNY BROWN

IS THAT DANNY'S VOICE IN THE SONG AT 1:41 OH SHIT

WEW LAD
E
W

L
A
D

Post your feel when it turns out to be Amherst all along

the absolute madmen

Why are you still clinging onto The Avalanches when there are artists like Kid Koala who has surpassed them with stronger albums and solid discography with more interesting variety and experimentation.

was this guy involved literally in the avalanches or is he just a random music guy or what?

why is music taste subjective

>not knowing who he is
spot the underage kid

because even if there are albums that surpassed them, those albums wouldn't be around today if not for the avalanches. plus who knows what progress they have made over 16 years with the way people make music now

what does it all mean?

H Y P E

I love them both but there are lots of great artists doing fascinating things with samples yet so many people cling on to these guys like they were the only ones to ever do it.

>not recognizing Thom Yorke

wew

since i left you means so fucking much to me

its my absolute number 1 album

this is huge

The Avalanches weren't the first and most turntablists like Shadow and Kid Koala were recording long before SILY.

if you shazam the track that plays after the royal trux interview it says that it's a track called "Subways" by The Avalanches

>avalanches were uniquely influential
can we stop this meme? they made a good album in a musical style that had existed for two decades. they didn't invent or popularize plunderphonics. they were your first album in the genre besides maybe Endtroducing because you're a Sup Forumstant. the vast majority of electronic producers, mainstream and underground, owe little to nothing to the Avalanches as far as innovation goes. that doesn't mean they aren't good or that Since I Left You hasn't made a lot of people happy or get into electronic music in general, but you're just wrong if you think it's some sort of turning point for electronic music.

for many, many people: they did it best

and most of those many, many people have only listened to a handful of electronic albums and don't know what they're talking about

>Avalanches Entertainment WorldWide instead of MPAA
them presenting it like a movie is a joke I'm pretty positive

HoLy ShItTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

>don't know what they're talking about
can you just say "i have a superior taste in music" instead of being a fucking idiot?

Most people have only listened to Endtroducing...., SILY and Donuts.

what electronic music do you listen to besides Avalanches, DJ Shadow, J Dilla, Madlib, and whatever meme Bandcamp artist you're gonna run and find before you respond to this post to prove you're "down with the underground?"

backtracking already
classic

holy shit. Scroll down all the way to the bottom
>Album
>Subways

>The fact that so many Sup Forumstants still name the Avalanches as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" plunderphonics band ever only tells you how far plunderphonics music still is from becoming a serious art.

No one said The Avalanches were bad.

no, plunderphonics is a serious art. Avalanches do it decently. but Sup Forumstants' understanding of plunderphonics is limited to SILY, Endtroducing, and then they throw in Donuts to really prove they don't know what plunderphonics is

THE FIRST SINGLE'S GOTTA BE COMING OUT THIS WEEK
"FRANKIE SINATRA"

>noise11.com/news/new-music-releases-may-20-2016-20160520

UNIVERSAL AUSTRALIA DISTRIBUTES MODULAR RECORDS WHICH SILY WAS UNDER

THE TRACK AT 1:20 IN THE TRAILER IS CALLED "The Wizord of Iz" by BRAINZ ACCORDING TO SHAZAM

"BRAINZ" IS JUST A DUMMY NAME TO LAY LOW

IT'S HAPPENING

>implying im "down with the underground"
i listen to "popular" electronic music

whatwhatwhat. screenshot!?

O MAN

>responding to pasta

okay, so you've listened to p4k BNM electronic exclusively for the past two decades and thus haven't been spoonfed another plundeprhonics album. thanks, that's all i was demonstrating.

HOLY SHIT

i understand that it was a pasta, but it was a childishly executed one that pretended i was just Scaruffi-ing a popular act. i decided to respond on its terms to clarify my position.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAPPENING

>implying i only listen to p4k BNM
you are a funny dude

christ in heaven

you still haven't named a single electronic album you like besides SILY. you clearly have a broad understanding of electronic music to feel comfortable saying Avalanches did a style best, so expose me to new things, sage!

o shit

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Electronic album =/= plunderphonics album
decide, you fag

Honestly never listened to it before. Time to fix that, I guess.

well, i'm convinced that Avalanches is the only plunderphonics album you've ever heard, so i'm trying to go easy on you. but now i realize you're just biding time while you furiously earn a PhD in Wikipedia Studies

>LE EBIN PLUNDERBONICS cLOUDDEAD xxxxDDxDDDD

Can you stop implying things and respond to my question? Do you have autism?

you haven't responded to mine, so let's go back to the beginning. you claimed that the Avalanches did plunderphonics the best. why don't you give me a list of the other plunderphonics albums you've listened to and explain what is so special about SILY that it is vastly superior to those? thanks!

endtroducing is shit

>LE PRUMBER BUROMBISK xxDXDDDDDxDDDDD

okay, i'm glad we've clarified that you're just a redditor who uses SILY as a fashion statement to say you're ~so eclectic~ and has no interest in actually learning about different kinds of music. thanks for proving my points for me all along the way. that was helpful! :^)

>and most of those many, many people have only listened to a handful of ELECTRONIC albums and don't know what they're talking about
you didn't say plunderphonics there. next time write it, ya dip

Who cares if someone is better at plunderphonics than The Avalanches? Stop treating music as if it's a competition. Since I Left You is damn fucking good and that's all that matters.

fucking this

then go with electronic music! i really don't care. SILY fans have listened to 2 plunderphonics albums, SILY and Endtroducing, and maybe 10 other electronic albums, in my experience. the fact that you keep bemoaning the fact that i was trying to go easy on you and just let you list electronic albums in general is telling. now can you respond to literally any of my inquiries, or are you going to keep bitching about semantics until i give up on demonstrating further that you're an idiot?

you are the saddest dude i have encountered in this site. Seriously.

>claims that the Avalanches are the best at something
>can't back it up with even a single example of something they're better than in their genre
>guys, music is just for fun! haha!
classic reddit

>implying im an idiot
sad
I really just like ambient music like Stars of the Lid, Eno, Aphex Twin, Global Communications, Gas, etc.

is the avalanches electronic music or plunderphonics and what is plunderphonics?

>L E
>E B I N
REDDIT xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxD DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD xD

>this post
classic autism

This. Shut the fuck up. I don't care about your music taste, or why mine is mainstream shit. I just wanna talk Avalanches.

eat a dick.

im not the guy you were replying to btw

Who's this ugly meth head at 0:50

I T ' S H A P P E N I N G

underrated post

backtracking after getting btfo

>doesn't know Royal Trux

McKillyourself my man

oooooo hes got u figured out now user

damn, did you take your meds?

that was my first post in this thread tho

>

so, when you Shazam the first new song you get this

But when you look at your Shazam history you get this

soundcloud.com/escalator-dreams/possible-new-avalanches-music-audio-from-since-they-left-us-trailer

so get VERY hyped, because this is true.