ITT: post problematic songs that should be banned

ITT: post problematic songs that should be banned

>Remain in Light album - Talking Heads (cultural appropriation)
>Woman is the N******* of the World - Jon Lennon
>The Boys (cisgendered exclusionary language) Are Back In Town - "THIN" (privileged) Lizzy
>Lola - Kinks (transshaming and discussion of trans* issues from a heteronormative cis white lens)
>Creep - Radiohead (ableism)
>Black or White - Michael Jackson (trivialization of racial issues and not prioritizing oppressed Black voices over white oppressors)
>Boys Don't Cry - The Cure (based on archaic gender roles)
>My Girls - Animal Collective (possession of women, gender roles, reducing women to homemaker stereotype and perpetuating notion of man being the provider)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CeMeDihwyrg
youtube.com/watch?v=8hhu-OyHqZM
youtube.com/watch?v=vRquPxdHNGE
campusreform.org/?ID=7174
wweek.com/news/2016/01/18/conservatives-deride-pcc-for-white-ness-shaming-over-whiteness-history-month-project/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any grimes song for appropriating Eastern Culture....

And she calls herself a Democrat...#baka

all hip hop

All songs should be banned for commodifying art in an exploitative capitalist system.

Wow
Op kill yourself
Like seriously

That is ableist language. There are people out there struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts every day. It is no laughing matter you fucking piece of shit idiot.

really great post OP, I was actually ROFL-ing! :) keep it up!

This is what I don't get about my piece of shit SJW peers in college. They all listen to misogynistic hip hop and then flip right around and call it out in all other areas of society. Is it literally just okay when blacks do it?

(EXTREME TRIGGER WARNING: DO NOT OPEN IF YOU ARE EASILY OFFENDED)
youtube.com/watch?v=CeMeDihwyrg

This.
I suffer from PTSD due to mean insults and threads like these are my safe space

yes because blacks can do no wrong in any way shape or form

remember
prejudice + power

yeah i guess it's only prejudice when a woman is raped or abused by an african american

lol Robin Thicke got so much shit for writing lyrics that are completely typical of contemporary R&B

>tfw I saw a guy in Portland wearing a Burzum shirt

mixed messages

I consider this a non problematic song.
>if you date rape women you should be raped in your bum

>Kate Bush - Running Up That Hill (ableist against people who don't have legs)

>Nirvana - Rape Me (Cobain speaks of himself, a man, being raped, which is impossible seeing as how men cannot be raped since THEY are the ones who rape)

>Blur - Boys and Girls (propagates binary gender constructs)

>Sarah McLachlan - Angel (potential trigger for someone who may have lost a pet dog)

vaporwave and future funk are 100% problem-free

*Girls and Boys, my bad. Shouldn't matter seeing as how terms related to gender are already interchangeable by nature.

It's like you guys heard a feminist speak once and heard all of the terminology but didn't understand any of the actual content lol

You could also argue that she is appropriating black culture by stealing the grime name.

cultural appropriation
14 year old white boys download Asian/Black PoC music from the 1980s, slow it down, and claim it as their own.

Man this is such a great song honestly, & I'm not even a huge Sublime fan

even they don't understand any of the terminology they speak.

or we're just half assing satire on a fucking image board, suzy problem glasses

i'm sure japanese businessmen are weeping and turning in their graves about people fucking with samples in FL

there is no actual content to understand lmao.

you really think any of those arguments have substance?

also none of them "claim it as their own", they admit it's plunderphonics from the getgo

is DJ Shadow also a cultural appropriator?

>Sarah McLachlan - Angel (potential trigger for someone who may have lost a pet dog)
heh

youtube.com/watch?v=8hhu-OyHqZM

>trying this hard.
Sincerely, please kill yourself OP

You can disagree with feminism or think it's wrong about everything but it literally has like 60 years of theory/research/discourse behind it, so like their arguments do have content lol

He likes Filosofem because it's highly rated and has no idea that Varg is Odin-like

New Left is the doctrine which is based on shunning everything Right. Taking away its voice, demoralizing it, you name it.

Left needs its brownshirts, its "revolutionary class". They need people who hate whites, especially males, because most white males are right wing. Irrational hatred and racism work best.

Blacks are perfect for them. They have built their lives on pure hatred of white people. They've made their #1 priority not to work (~50% of blacks are unemployed), never integrate and parasite off "the whiteys". They've been emphasizing their victim status for years to justify their violence and racism.

New Left loves blacks. And blacks love New Left. They give it their voices almost unanimously, and the New Left in turn makes sure to enable them, advance affirmative action, fund BLM, harass everyone ciriticizing blacks, etc.

Democrats will literally do everything to bring in ore blacks. European far left has gone to great length just to bring in muslims for that very purpose. Their objective is to make whites minorities in their own countries so that they couldn't vote. Then they could do whatever they liked. They would have a block of blacks/muslims who will out-shout anyone and lobby for more and more welfare.

So is this whole cultural marxist thing just a plot by the "chosen people" (you know who) in power to create a one world government of lesser people they can completely rule over?

Yes because the SJW movement is an anti-white hate movement and is nothing else.

That's frightening, user.

Yeah, respectable scientists like Solanas and Dvorkin, right

yep
read up on george soros and NWO my friend

youtube.com/watch?v=vRquPxdHNGE

All rock n' roll. Cultural appropriation.

Nice

Your point is?
I've attempted suicide twice, that doesn't mean I can't try to bring down people with me

>Yeah but like, you're wrong because my gender studies professor said that everything she says is REAL and TRUE

>not muslim

BTFO

Ahem.

"Tar Baby" was written by Sade Adu, a mixed Englishwoman, and Stuart Matthewman, a white Englishman.

"It's Your Move" was written by Stephen Kipner and Terry Shaddick, who were two white Americans. Diana Ross was only involved in the vocal performance.

"If I Saw You Again" and "You Need a Hero" were written by Richard Page, who was a white American.

"Underwater Theme" was written by Darren Mitchell, who was a white American.

"Deja Vu", "Worldwide", and "Hang Loose" were written by Chris Williams, a white German.

"Warm World" was written by Donn Wilkerson, a white American.

The only song sampled on Floral Shoppe composed by black artists is "I Only Have Eyes For You" by Zapp. No Japanese artists were sampled, and the usage of Japanese characters hardly constitutes as "cultural appropriation".

reddit-tier social commentary

I don't like those two specific figures either (probably for different reasons), but like there are literally thousands of people across various disciplines contributing to feminist thought. Like, you can disagree with it, but it's ridiculous to assert there's nothing there. Like, I can dislike/disagree with neo liberalism or marxism or whatever, but I'm not going to deny that they aren't built on a rich foundation of texts + analysis.

>missing the point this hard

Well garsh darn, a couple of dykes are claiming simple things offend them
Absolutely te shickkkest thing

floral shop is not the only vaporwave record my guy

meant to reply to

Don't remind me I go to a university major full of these asswipes, I regret going to university for the most part, despite learming a good number of things.

In which case the issue is even less important.

underrated

I dropped out when White Shaming Month unironically kicked in at my college

Despite "the chosen people" (Soros and Sutherland) are actually some of the main donors for mass immigration without borders, it's not limited to them.

Take Canada's most vocal proponent of multiculturalism, Will Kymlicka, for example. Despite being a political philosopher, not a businessman, he is in top 1% earners in the country, receives hefty state grants every year ($100-200K), and lives in a elite all-exclusive white enclave for the richest.

The New Left began with Marcuse and critical theory. It's based on Marxism, but it's not the same thing. In the end, it's simply meant to take power in democratic country.

Wait did they actually do that at your school?

No fucking way. I refuse to believe it's this bad.

campusreform.org/?ID=7174

wweek.com/news/2016/01/18/conservatives-deride-pcc-for-white-ness-shaming-over-whiteness-history-month-project/

Served me right for moving here.

My guess is he's referring to black history month and people pointing out america's history of racism and colonialism

looks like you're wrong faggot

>head injuries
>climate change
>laundry baskets
>air conditioning
>seagulls

apparently lol

I live here too and have my whole life. Should've fucking known it was Portland.

I almost went to this school too but I chose U of O instead which will probably be just as bad regardless.

Nazism is also based on a rich foundation of texts + analysis. The question is, what it has produced.

Feminists like to talk about equality. Equality is one of the key principles of liberalism. But the New Left isn't interested in it. It doesn't really give a fuck about equality. It simply needs someone to pit against conservatives.

The women and men have been pretty much equal in US law for many years now. That's why the current feminists are simply misandrists, not liberals. They don't need equality, they want to oppress, shun, and otherwise harm males, establish their supremacy, get power and social privileges.

They need no fair judgement too. The call to allow colleges to solve "rape incidents" without court is simply the new lynching. They continue to push no-existent problems like gender wage gap and rape culture which are not supported by statistics, let alone common sense. All they need is someone to fuel and enable their animal hatred of men. And the New Left is glad to help.

I can't believe most of these articles are real

>when SJWs say they're against censorship near me

well said

>Only knowledge of feminism comes from MRA talking points

>compares feminism to literal Nazis

lol

got a better counterpoint than 'lol', fatass?

kys montie

>All feminists are fat

I'm not going to argue with an alt right conspiracy theorist

How do you type with that bull cock in your mouth?

ouchie woowooo you got so offended you forgot how to back up anything you believe in

Third time's a charm familia.

I didn't even want to argue for or against feminism. I just think it's disingenuous to act like it doesn't have thought out arguments. I disagree with some of them, or think they're wrong, but like, you guys need to quit acting like it's some kind of pseudo discipline. It isn't.

>thinking you represent all feminists

fatass

>The Boys (cisgendered exclusionary language)
It's not cisgendered exclusionary. If you're gonna do this at least to it right.

You're just jealous that no woman wants to put your cock in her mouth

Surely you don't believe stuff like "mansplaining" and genderfluids have merit to them though right?

that's a sick punching bag you're setting up but you're swinging at air, i'm asking for you to present one of those oh-so-thought-out arguments

Try being a white male going to college next year, terrified that someone who hates you is going to falsely accuse you of rape so you will be kicked out of college/possibly jailed or put on the sex offender registry because college administrators completely disregard the "innocent until proven guilty" principle.

montie goin after the pentatonic scale d a m n . . .
#shotsfired

>implying art hadn't already been commodified

>compares feminism to literal Nazis
It is tongue-in-cheek, I meant it more as a joke. But, I'm just saying that a "rich text foundation" != something necessarily beneficial for society.

You see, if there are real "feminists" left today, who are really thinking about women's equality today, I'm only for them. I also support the fact that they studied microaggressions, how they affect our life and all that. If we want to truly achieve equality in our country, we cannot exclude anyone form the equation.

But unfortunately, today under the label of "feminism" you will mostly find just misandry, especially on the internet. It's been geared to vilify straight white males, and unsurprisingly goes hand in hand with power-hungry racists like BLM and sexists like LGBTQ.

By forgetting their liberal ideals, they also came to defend and support Islam. If anything, Islam has it all:

—patriarchy
—religious oppression
—rape culture
—viewing women as objects
—intolerance to any other views

But still, the misandrists all over the world prefer to concentrate on microaggressions, manspreading, and generally look at the root of all evil: cisgenedered white males.

I feel like this whole anti SJW thing is a massive backlash against a strawman

only people with abnormally small penises ban shit

it is

yep

i'm privileged and i don't give a single fuck
suck my dick minorities

That's the spirit