What /mu thinks of this record?

What /mu thinks of this record?

Not as good as McCartney's 70s albums.

wah wah

It's by far the best post-Beatles album by any of the Beatles.

really good. phil spector did a great job producing it too.

>what is Ram

Never that bothered about it. If were talking solo albums, RAM is superior imo

too much filler

Should I listen to Ram? Is it that good?

It is legitimately my favorite album of all time.

This is in my opinion the best solo Beatles album.

You should read up on what actually went down during those sessions, senpai

Thanks for your advice, I'll give it a listen later.
By the way, what about Lennon solo work?

what happened with spector and george? i know spector pulled a gun on lennon but that's about it

Best beatles Solo. RAM included.

best post beatles album of any of the 4

Harrison > Lennon = Mccartney >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ringo

>Spector fell over in the studio and broke his arm.[149] Early that month, work on All Things Must Pass was temporarily brought to a halt as Harrison headed north to see his dying mother for the last time.[172][nb 12] EMI's growing concerns regarding studio costs added to the pressure on Harrison,[149] and a further complication, John Harris notes, was that Clapton had become infatuated with Harrison's wife, Pattie Boyd, and adopted a heroin habit as a means of coping with his guilt.

wew

Derek and thew Dominos led by a shittier musican than anyone in that band desu
Songwriting is not bad and the jam LP makes it worth owning
7/10

John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band is seriously GOAT. Don't be put off by the name.

not as good as this one

It's a disappointment. I was told that it was the best of all the Beatles's solo work, better than Walls and Bridges, better than Ram, better than Double Fantasy, better than McCartney II. Well, it isn't, not by a long shot. People who say Harrison was the most talented Beatle are uniformly contrarian pseuds who don't want to admit to a conservative commonplace opinion about pop music i.e. that the two Beatles who wrote the vast majority of their songs and did the most experimentation were also the most talented.

There is absolutely no way this album is comparable to McCartney's Mozartian melodies and melancholy. There is absolutely no way this album is comparable to Lennon's raw experimentation and political anger. There is absolutely no way this album is not piece of bloated, plagiarized, middlebrow, portentous AOR.

I don't believe that people who claim this album as the best post-Beatles solo work have actually listened to much of the post-Beatles solo work. I think they've read a lot of music reviews, but they haven't done much thinking themselves.

This.

imagine was a fucking horrible album and george martin was the reason behind the beatles' progressions tyvm

>plagiarized

Elaborate? Do you know any albums similar to ATMP?

Imagine is great as well, the album that is

both wrong

Third best Beatles solo album behind Plastic Ono Band and Ram

*Fourth
Band on the Run is top 3

better than anything The Beatles did desu

this album is shit

yoko ono/plastic ono band is pretty good, however

I DIG LOOOVE

Harrison is my favorite Beatle and this has some really great songs but Ram Plastic Ono Band and Band on the run

ATMP is melancholic in its essence; a swan song to the 'Beatles Harrison', it is aimed at reinvention of the musician without overindulgence in ego, a fine balance between experimentation and subtlety that was ultimately lost in the careers of Lennon and McCartney. Harrison brings the orientalist textures that granted the Beatles their psychedelic prowess, and subdues them into his signature sliding guitar that is credited by some as "proto-shoegaze". He does the same with his lyrically content; he diffuses his infatuation with Hinduism into laymen's terms, speaking towards impermanence of life in a manner that ensured the album's success and longevity. Anyone who does not see ATMP for what it is, THE post-beatles masterpiece, is underwhelmed by its modety; nowhere here is the vanity that characterized the solo work of McCartney and Lennon.