My record collection thus far, any suggestions?

My record collection thus far, any suggestions?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/BCW-Record-Sleeves-100-Pack/dp/B003XX91V0/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464125555&sr=1-10&keywords=record sleeves
amazon.ca/Mobile-Original-Master-Record-Sleeves/dp/B001LQSFKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>any suggestions?

Suicide.

Idk why it uploaded upside down

is this like your second day on Sup Forums ?

>stacking records

kys my man wait till you have two crates at least to show off your fucking collection
my suggestion would be to throw your fucking crosley out pleb

physical format is for plebs

I'm just starting out

I suggest not laying records flat and getting better taste in music

what kind of suggestions were you looking for?

I'm laying them flat for the picutre, and what would you recommend, since clearly I should kill myself and I'm looking for a nice song to go out to.

1) stop stacking your records

2) The Wall? Seriously?

Currents is shit
Plastic Beach is ok
The Wall is the worst PF album from the 67-79 era
The Doors is Good
Sun Araw is ok sometimes
Don't know the others but you should kill youself tho

Laying a stack of them flat for 3 seconds is all it takes to fuck them up

First of all, don't lay your records flat, they will warp under the weight. Secondly, what is the pink one?

This is all yours by alt j, it was a gift from my sister, the records are orange and blue

Here's another shot

>currents

At least get their other albums (aka the ones that arent shit)

I have lonnerism but not on lp

You can't be older than 16.

Mostly fuck Sup Forums.
Your collection is sweet.
Keep growin it out bro

Thanks for the encouragement, my father has a box of records he left for me when he passed, I have yet to go through them.

I hope I'm being trolled right now my friend. Someone with that many records should know better

What's the point of having records without a serious HiFi?

Know better to what

Summer please leave.

OH RIGHT

That was a gift.
My Technics is setting on top of the crosley. I use it for cassettes lol

To literally shred your vinyl with that cheap-ass all-in-one heavy-tracking Crosley. You;'re not just wasting money buying those records, you're actively destroying them.

what a bunch of assholes, I think your collection is a good start, why don't you get helplessness blues user?
also when will the "currents is bad xD meme" will end?

lol my bad

Hopefully he has better taste, he is probably rolling in his grave with what you have there.

>Pride

nice yoshi

It's a Technics SLB-something. @work right now

I dunno he liked Zeppelin and the smiths

Literally fuck what mu spits at you. You can't mention your dad without people cracking fucked up jokes.

What else do you listen to?

what the fuck man

are you experienced and 130 copies of dark side of the moon

I got the audio-technica lp120 as a gift, but I've been looking for a decently priced technics for years. The built-in preamp on the 120 apparently still affects the sound even when you try to bypass it

Why are you asking us for suggestions? Just buy music you like, it's not that difficult.

The music I like is shit apparently so anything pointing me in the right direction would be much abliged

That low end trash technics is nothing to write home about.

Your LP120 is better.

Look at the tonearm, it's crap

This is the entire definition of pleb right here. Go home, folks.

Is there no way to bypass the built-in amp?

What i'm saying is that I've been looking for a technics sl1200 because i've bought into that meme. They're apparently restarting production this year

>asking for opinions
>asking for music recommendations

>pleb

How

From what I understand the sound still goes through the built-in chip even when you switch to line mode, but i'm not sure if that's just audiophile bullshit. People have been removing the board entirely and just soldering the two wires together

sl1200 is nothing special for home listening.

>real collection right herr

You've got a great little collection there friend.
The Doors, Plastic Beach and The Wall are all great albums

Please don't listen to most of the people on here, they listen to obscure shit by themselves to brag on an anonymous Japanese image board

Sorry to hear about your dad, you should go through his records and listen to all of them, give everything a chance! The Smiths are an amazing band.

If you like Pink Floyd, maybe try out Aphrodite's Child - 666

Visit some of the chart threads and go through some Sup Forumscore. Find what you enjoy and expand from there

amazon.com/BCW-Record-Sleeves-100-Pack/dp/B003XX91V0/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1464125555&sr=1-10&keywords=record sleeves

>all this entry level
>suddenly Sun Araw
Neat

Also, don't stack your records

The fucking hotline Miami memes have grown tiresome but yeah, I like his old stuff I've only got beachead on lp though

Yeah, the Suicide album is pretty good. I recommend it too

>Also, don't stack your records
Temporarily stacking just a few records is fine. It's when you store them like that that they warp

I have
>amazon.ca/Mobile-Original-Master-Record-Sleeves/dp/B001LQSFKY
I got most of these from my grand parents and they're pretty beat up.
I have em (sort of) organized by quality.
Top Left are Used Med+ Quality.
Top Right are Reissues.
Bottom Left are all 80's Metal records, Med+ Quality.
Bottom Right are Soft Rock, Med- Quality.

I also have a couple milk crates of classical guitar records, my grandfather was really into classical 10 and 12 sting guitar records. but I haven't gone through them yet.

I got most of my collection from my dad too, lot of cool stuff but its fun to go digging for stuff on your own. dont let these guys discourage you, have fun growing your collection

There is literally nothing wrong with Currents

I suggest you throw them in the trash

I hate summer

>Atomizer
>The Lonesome Crowded West
>fucking Meat Puppets
your taste is fucking sweet

The definition of patrician is listening to music you enjoy and not letting others discourage your taste. This is a fact.

but is asking for new music to listen to "pleb-ish"
is it wrong to search for new things? is being open minded in any way a sin?

>The music I like is shit apparently so anything pointing me in the right direction would be much abliged

It's wrong to disregard your own taste and listen to those who call it shit.

>atomizer
>LCW
>meat puppets ii
>station to station
good shit user. would hang out with

does anyone even collect cds anymore? what about music related lit? post what you have

meant to include

1/3

Turntable SL-1200M3D with Shure M97xE cartridge.

My stuff is kind of a mess right now. I just moved into a smaller apartment and I am getting situated.

Recent goodwill cops

2/3

Forgot the pic

3/3

No.
If I buy an album, it comes with a download code. If it doesn't, though, it's pretty easy to get a decent quality download while I wait.

It's the convenience of CDs, and the quality of vinyl.

Getting shit used is god-tier. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only person to go through used CD sections in record stores because shit is so good.

god damn

My last batch.
Not to be morbid, but I'm going to end up with my father's more 'classic rock' collection when he goes, so I don't buy a lot of records I'd consider staples, since he has 'em already.

No one gives the Toadies what they deserve.
Good choice.

Why get tapes for such big bands?

That's a little better.

Any reason at all for the tapes, save for the cost? Just shit quality, as far as I'm concerned. And as we get further into the future, you're gonna see less cars with a tape player.

Most tapes I buy are just to get something physical out of supporting bandcamp artists or small labels. Most I have spent on a tape is $5. Only Tape I have bought new that wasn't a small artist was the might mighty bosstones. That was just to get free shipping on interpunk though.

You should be able to bypass it and wire the tonearm leads right to the rca jacks. I picked up a pro-ject debut III USB with a burned out preamp for $100 on eBay, removed the USB board and desoldered the rca jack from the board and soldered the tonearm wires directly to it. Works perfectly, fixed it in 15 minutes.

Wow toadies is my shit! That brings me back! Thanks for reminding me to check out an old favorite!

Gotcha.
Ended up with Sledding With Tigers' 'Come on and Slam' that way.

fair enough. i buy physical music more to collect than to have some advantage over digital music. honestly, i can't hear a difference anyways.

yeah man you can usually find some gems in used cd sections. also, used cd's on amazon get down to under a dollar most of the time. all you have to pay for is shipping

They're all shit tho

good score with demon days. whats the bottom left?

>Two crates

Try two rooms.

And a storage unit.

>. i buy physical music more to collect than to have some advantage over digital music
Oh, so do I, but if I'm gonna sit there and fuck around with a CD, I might as well sit there and fuck around with a record.
Really, the only reason not to is
A) Price point (Though it depends on what you're into. I don't mind spending around ten bucks for a new record.)
B) Convenience (But again, with the MP3 downloads, you have all the 'versatility' a CD affords you.)

Dat Marantz...

I've found tons of good CDs at goodwill recently, people seem like they have really stepped up dumping their collections, can't go wrong for under $2

What turntable is that? Looks nice. Also nice marantz.

I've got that one in there. Good stuff.

For sure. Basically the first place I check at a new record store is the used CDs. I'll take a chance on a lot of stuff for $1-2 an album.

Give them away lmao.

People are dumping their CD collections without checking to see what they have first. Just like LP and single releases back in the day, there's a good amount of music on CD that hasn't been on the market for quite some time.

Sucks to be them.

are they good condition? I've kinda held off on buying LPs and CDs from goodwill for fear of it all being warped or scratched

>dr. seuss
sick collection dude

The ones around here all have the discs in the cases so you can check them out before buying. The recently gave up keeping the discs behind the counter, which makes it nice.

You can check in the store if it is anything like mine. I don't think I've seen a store lock up used goods aside from half price books. Just open them up and check.