I haven't been on Sup Forums in awhile -- what did you guys think of Anohni's Hopelessness...

I haven't been on Sup Forums in awhile -- what did you guys think of Anohni's Hopelessness? It's seriously a 10/10 for me, and I'm usually a really critical listener. Thoughts?

side 1 >>>>> side 2

you think they're equal or what?

Nah

ye

>identified as female by critics, reviewers, promotions, etc
>male voice

Why is this allowed?

i refuse to listen to trans*kin

There is more to a voice than manly or girly

I can't believe I just read that sentence.

So this is just a more accessible planningtorock?

I want to check this out but I reallly hate the singers voice so ill wait for instramentals

Yeah, this seriously caught me off guard. I don't really care about it one way or the other, but I went in expecting the vocals to be way different than what I got.

Would you disallow it?

"My closest friends and family use feminine pronouns for me. I have not mandated the press do one thing or another... In my personal life I prefer ‘she’. I think words are important. To call a person by their chosen gender is to honor their spirit, their life and contribution. ‘He’ is an invisible pronoun for me, it negates me."

I used to think she sucked ass whenever I heard her on other people's songs, but this album's actually really good. It's not even that the songs are -that- wonderful, they'd be unlistenable on other people's albums, there's just a winning candidness about it. "Blow my head off," "I wanna hear the dogs crying for water," etc.

Inject me with Chemotherapy

Oooooooooooooooobammaaaaaaaaa

I really like it never heard of her before, captivating vocals

Remove OBAMA plz do this and it would probably bump it up to maybe an 8. Anyways DLs production is amazing

Obama is one of my faves lol

lol how come bro?

find her voice pretty grating desu, can appreciate the themes she's going for but not for me

Great songwriting, great vocals, horrendous lyrics.

I just can't take this album seriously at all. The lyrics ruin it completely, which sucks because I love some of the songs.

because I support diversity

>her
>she

Antony or whatever the fuck she wants to be called is the greatest singer to ever have lived. But this album is not that good.

Drone Bomb Me is O B J E C T I V E L Y the best song on this album. Prove me wrong.
>you can't

Could you stop bumping this shitty thread?

I don't get how you can write a song called Drone Bomb Me and have it sound like a banger. I don't feel like the lyrical content matches the style of music at all. So to me it's a shit track. Also it's just basic pop composition, nothing interesting about it at all - nice pads and stuff but that doesn't hold for an entire song.
Haven't listened to the rest of the album on the basis of that track. Can't imagine it does anything particularly amazing.