How can Sup Forums ever recover?

how can Sup Forums ever recover?

Get

God

that's like every album I cared for in one picture.

I'm gone./

>Death Grips not on there
BP 8/10 Confirmed

>tfw I don't like any of those
Who /patrician/ here

not you lmao

You 2bh

>blackstar
>don't deserve the hype

fuck you scaruffi

Scaruffi is unironic shit tier b8 fuck him

He's still the best music critic though.

he seems to try too hard to be contrarian to me.

>IMHO
Stopped there

He's a buffoon. Have you seen what he has to say about jazz?

who the fuck is widely publicizing cobalt? thats literally not happening.

He is not even contrarian.

Trout Mask Replica is neither totally inaccessible nor unpopular. Even the Rolling Stone top 500 had it as #60 or something.

The Velvet Underground and Nico, his #4 pick, is one of the most universally acclaimed albums ever. The same goes for the Doors debut self-title. He also has Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen on his top albums list, in addition to Astral Weeks.

Amongst his 8s are ITCOTCK, Jimi Hendrix's two most acclaimed albums, the Who's Tommy, the Clash, Neil Young, Television's Marquee Moon, Exile on Main Street, Surfer Rosa, Master of Puppets, three Swans albums, and even an extremely popular Alanis Morisette album.

not even that desu

he has little appreciation for conventional taste or pop sensibilities, which is fine in itself, but he's smug about it and puts himself on a pedestal

You were too young to browse the internet pre-2005 weren't you.

sorry i only grazed surface level scaruffi, i guess i mean more along the lines of

>but he's smug about it

OH DEAR, WHATEVER WILL WE DO.

Yes, he is smug about it, a huge asshole about it, and he is still the best rock critic.

he actually likes a lot of albums for their pop sensibilities

What's wrong with it? I don't really read his writings, I just look at lists and recommendations, has worked pretty great for me. Discovered a lot of great jazz trough him thank you very much.

what makes him the best? i've read some of his reviews and he's basic as fuck
>IMHO

>still nothing on divers

pretty sure it's gonna get a 6.5

>An important theme in the history of anything (of anything that has a history, i.e. change) is the interplay between convention and innovation. Nothing is completely new. Everything depends in part on the pre-existing language, otherwise you couldn't even express what is new. A mere copy of the conventions is not terribly interesting. People may find it interesting if they are not aware that those are, precisely, "conventions", i.e. they have been done before. At the same time, innovation for the sake of innovation is not terribly interesting: everybody can grab a kitchen utensil and make some noise that has never been done before and claim that is innovation. I think Theodor Adorno had the right intuition when he identified convention with objectivity and innovation with subjectivity. He saw Beethoven's greatness as a synthesis of convention and innovation, of objectivity and subjectivity (he could not explain Beethoven's later works, that are clearly more innovative than conventional). The fact is that musical conventions are a language that carries a lot of power. Musical innovations are not a language (yet), but they are (in a sense) the message. When musical conventions carry musical innovations something truly powerful happens. They cause a rearrangement of our cognitive life, which results in a new language (musical conventions) being born. We start "speaking" a different language. To some extent, therefore, the power of a work of art depends on its ability to fuse convention and innovation.

He's spot on, but I didn't realize anyone gave a shit about the new cobalt.

they dont and I have no idea where's he's getting that. Decibel highlighted it but no more than any of the other 20 bands they've highlighted this year so far and about 10 have gotten higher scores as I recall. Its a long ass fucking album. Thats the only thing noteworthy about it that I've noticed so far but to be fair I only heard it once when it came out.

*and probably 40 albums have gotten the same score as cobalt

I think he enjoys disliking everything

Right, I didn't even know they released something new until about 3 weeks ago, and I was so underwhelmed that I didn't remember a thing about it sans a more sludge-influenced sound. I dunno, dude's a weirdo anyway.

it gives him that "im so right omg" boner

THE FACT THAT

my biggest impression from it was just that I was pissed off they didnt include the lyrics. I can only assume they want me to figure them out myself or with others and then write them in myself because its an 8 page booklet just filled with more of those rorschachs which incorporate a fair amount of blank space.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=16gT0lnSoew

no one gives a fuck about this guy except for Sup Forums

moon shaped pool, islah, and lemonade are all great

he's right about teens of denial, pablo and coloring book tho desu

i've been away for a while. Please tell me Sup Forums didnt actually like any of those albums (except I know about blackstar)

whats your aoty

yeah, actually nobody liked those

i dont have one yet, can't torrent so i dont have much new music

aoty just simply means the best album you've heard this year and you're previous post implied you'd heard all of these albums

aoty just simply means the best album you've heard this year and your previous post implied you'd heard all of these albums

i know those artists tho

me too desu

So go back to your facebook tier website you fucking loser pleb
Autechre - elseq

Probably browses Sup Forums and wants to make sure that they get extra salty this year.

>being elitist about a vietnamese sheet folding board

how pathetic

>no Vektor
Wew

Sup Forums can't. We're all getting shilled to death here, and it's impossible for people on this board to form their own taste independently.

I wouldn't say that he doesn't like pop sensibilities, more that he only really likes albums that do something different or have a new sound, especially for their time. That's fine and I've discovered a lot of great music through him, but I've never taken his opinion on what's bad seriously.

>moon shaped pool

REEEEEEEE

"IMHO"?! damn...is Scaruffi finally learning that what he writes isn't any kind of truth but rather just his opinion?

I'm alright with that
AMSP and Slow forever were alright at best

Pretty spot on. I thought the Franky Cosmos was interesting though.

devito, but certainly not you

i'd take rolling stone over that dingbat, he's probably the worst

he's right about bowie

>all the good albums that came out this year suck

WHO ELSE BUT SCRUFFYYYY

do people honestly believe this? jesus christ

so you haven't actually heard any of the albums.

so shut the fuck up.

2016 is the new 2008