youtube.com/watch?v=-_MQZhFiRME
youtube.com/watch?v=8sssrprD3kA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

King Crimson's first 3 albums are the good ones

You are gay.

>What's wrong with me?
a lot

You are a massive fag

I think Death Grips is utter garbage and will leave no more of an impact on music than One Direction

Rap as a whole is a pretty bad genre, with only a handful of great releases

>Death Grips haven't had a good album since Money Store.

>I liked Sufjan's Michigan more than Illinoise

>Trout Mask Replica is a garbage album and it always was.

>Kid A is an average album with horrible song mixing

>Boris
What have you listened to? Because they've got a really varied discography.

>I like by the numbers 90s indie.
youtube.com/watch?v=-_MQZhFiRME

>My opinion can change dramatically based on others.

Yeah, they go from j-pop & EDM to noise & drone doom.
I personally really like their stoner rock type stuff on the orange Heavy Rocks for example, their entire discography is pretty great though.

Good one OP literally stealing the post I made yesterday and making it retarded. Fucking idiot I posted this last fucking night and it got no replied but oh HERE HE IS Mr so fucking original stealing my fucking post ideas and getting replies fuck you you fraudery cunt I hope you rot yourself to cancer wow

I used to have a really pretentious vibe to my listening taste because I browsed Sup Forums

Cringe just thinking about it. Glad I outgrew that shit though.

>All music is garbage
>Music shouldn't be considered art

>Never understood Swans or Death Grips
>Don't hate any genre but definitely listen more to some genres disproportionately more or less than others

Radiohead is boring

Fashion Week is my favorite DG related release

I love Space-age pop and jazz

I love Space-age pop too
Do you like Exotica?

I do. I'm a sucker for tribal percussion and pin-up cover art

(you)

kek sounds like a man I know named Martin Denny
I like Martin Denny even more than Joe Meek honestly, his stuff is GOAT comfy

Denny is cool, but I really dig Les Baxter. Pic related is my favorite of his albums. Very chill and sexy.

I haven't listen to enough Meek. Raymond Scott is also cool.

>I listen to songs, albums, etc. once and, for the most part, only once

You should listen to Santo & Johnny if you haven't already, chillest surf-rock imaginable

Sup Forums is just an echo chamber where everyone masturbates over the same 15-20 albums even though theres a whole world of music out there.

ive never listened to death grips even though the internet is obsessed with them. what kind of music are they?

i really like hiphop and alot of it has more talent than a lot of shit out there

i collect vinyl and anyone who believes digital is the same quality is a fucking retard

Neat, I've heard Sleepwalk before but I'll dig deeper.

>i collect vinyl and anyone who believes digital is the same quality is a fucking retard
>scientific experiments are retarded
>muh gut felling is not

Experimental hip hop, I'd say check out Death Grips' major label debut album The Money Store if you want to give them a shot, enjoy

this

Can you name the jpop kind of stuff they made ?

>Never understood Swans

what have you listened to by them?

also are you male

Even among people who consume large amounts of music and study its mechanics, music tastes are extremely varied and based in no small part on random factors such as the context they first heard it, superficial similarity to other genres, or the cultural background of the artist.
The appearance of objective rankings is based largely on a herd mentality, in which music aficionados are only willing to admit to liking music if it matches the tastes of certain exalted critics or the ___core of the community they aspire to belong to.
Everyone on Sup Forums is secretly a pleb.

we're through the looking glass people

Kanye is fucking terrible and as soon as the next hot new meme artist comes along he'll be forgotten.
Classical musicians are inferior to other musicians because they just regurgitate other people's music.
Instrumental music is inherently superior to vocal music.

New Album

>meme artist
He's literally been huge for over a decade you melon

>i collect vinyl and anyone who believes digital is the same quality is a fucking retard
you're right, digital is actually better

>Classical musicians are inferior to other musicians because they just regurgitate other people's music.
This happens in literally every genre.

rap is shit. there. I said it

There is nothing wrong with any of these opinions

but this one is objectively shit

And so is this one

Rap isn't a genre

the most turned off ive ever been in my life was making out with my (ex) GF while listening to whoever that famous reggae-inspired white """punk""" band it was from the 70s

jesus i had to bear through those 4+ minutes and it felt like forever. i now have a very strong bias against reggae, and im also now gay as well

>Classical musicians are inferior to other musicians because they just regurgitate other people's music.

>I don't understand classical performance.

youtube.com/watch?v=8sssrprD3kA

Playing classical music has a lot more going on than what most people think it does tbqhwy fampai

The clash? Fuck you

>I can honestly say that, all trolling aside, in my opinion ITAOTS isn't a good album. I tried hard to like it. I like a lot of similar albums and albums that were influenced by it. I even liked that rap mashup album. but the album never did anything for me
>i like vaporwave. it doesn't get taken seriously because of the memes but there is actually some good music in there
>i don't browse Sup Forums nearly as much as i used to because there is a higher % of shit then there used to be, but i'm thankful for Sup Forums for being a stepping stone from typical teen music of Blink182, Daft Punk, etc. to Sup Forumscore, to what i listen to now.
>since i stopped browsing Sup Forums as much i've become more interested in music and broadened my music tastes

People cover songs, but they never release nothing but whole albums of just covers. It's rare for cover albums to be released in any genre except classical.

The most similar you get to the same level of regurgitation as classical is in jazz, which is still very different because when you play a standard, you also have long improvised solos i.e. a high degree of actual musicianship.

please stop embarrassing yourself

youre god damn right

it was gross, and not what i expected when imagined her bringing actual punk sounding music for us to grind to

As a classical fan, I actually agree with this. The emphasis and celebritying of modern conductors who don't write their own music is way over the top. Along with pianists who just cover Chopin or whatever. No matter how complicated, anybody with capable hands and fingers can learn to play works that are considered "masterpieces" but only few can write said masterpieces. This would be like a writer simply re-writing Crime and Punishment but maybe adding in/changing a few different words.
It is infinitely more difficult to write original works than learn already-written pieces. It's hella disappointing to see pianists with amazing skill who never write their own pieces.

>music is about difficulty

>I know I'm a better musician than 90% of the people in bandcamp/sc threads so I don't even bother to post my shit there anymore
>Swans are a joke
>Radiohead is for normies with shit taste
>Death Grips are actually better than most of what's posted on this board, even tho they're not that great
>Nothing is required to make good music except the drive to make good music
>I have more respect for people that play classical instruments than people that compose primarily on a laptop
>Most song lyrics are fundamentally dumb and aren't worth paying attention to
>Rock operas are a joke
>Music writing is a complete joke for the most part, the only interesting shit comes from individuals and not publications
>Anthony Fantano's analysis of albums is pretty good even if his opinions aren't
>Chris Ott is a cool guy

>All music is garbage
>Isn't art
>Good opinion

what the fuck is wrong with you

nah ignore that fag, The Money Store is one of their worst. Just start at the beginning - Exmil

I'm 26 and have been listening to mostly dubstep for the last decade

Death grips are memerap

>Anthony Fantano's analysis of albums is pretty good even if his opinions aren't

I've always thought it was the opposite for me. I always thought his analysis was pretty basic and unintelligent, but when I listen to the album, I find many of the general opinions to be relatively agreeable.

>I have more respect for people that play classical instruments than people that compose primarily on a laptop

I agree, but more of in the sense that it's harder for me to gain respect for people who compose primarily on a laptop. I've met and heard many laptop producers/composers who are infinitely more talented than a lot of people on classical instruments. But to do that, they usually have a strong understanding of music theory.

>I know I'm a better musician than 90% of the people in bandcamp/sc threads so I don't even bother to post my shit there anymore

Really a kind of shitty excuse to not post. Besides, bc/sc threads aren't necessarily about being a better musician, it's about having that musical talent and being able to produce it into a professional sounding song/album. Although I do agree most people are pretty awful at both in those threads. Why do you think there is so much lofi and ambient stuff? I love both genres, but most people in the threads make it because they can't make anything else.

>Most people on Sup Forums are insecure about their music tastes on some level
>Radiohead is great, but everything before Kid A is just mediocre in the long run
>TKOL is hands down one of Radiohead's best
>Bottomless Pit wasn't that great. NOTM was their best
>Most mainstream EDM has better production quality than most BC/SC thread people could ever dream of creating. I say this as a poster.

>Confession thread aka. wrong opinions that you have thread

How can an opinion be wrong? It can be shit but not wrong...

I can understand that but they're a fucking great band regardless

>I always thought his analysis was pretty basic and unintelligent
he focuses on describing the sounds accurately with hella adjectives. that's refreshing to me considering music publications try to sell you the idea that a band is "important" when they're an expendable commercial product.
>But to do that, they usually have a strong understanding of music theory.
yeah that style of composition seems to go hand in hand with theory, seems very stupid to ignore. for classical instruments though I think improvisation and muscle memory is just as adequate.
>Really a kind of shitty excuse to not post.
my other rationale is that my musical sensibilities are shared with less than 1% of this board
also I care more about improving my own work by my own standards than getting feedback, and I know what I make right now can't be commercially successful no matter how much I promote it

I LOVE reggae
and Dub
and Dancehall

>All I Need is the only Radiohead song I would care to hear again
>I like Neon Bible more than Funeral
>Bjork's singing makes me laugh and I don't know why
>I think Pinkerton is a pretty mediocre album
>I don't like Madvillain, or MF Doom
>I find prog rock tedious and unfulfilling

I hate shoegaze

I'm probably a pleb but I like pop rock Rush and can't really get into prog Rush except for a few songs.

Permanent waves is where the band "began" for me.

I like the album "Yeezus".