This is the top10 as chosen by the members of what cd

this is the top10 as chosen by the members of what cd

Other urls found in this thread:

rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=House, Techno&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Nils Frahm
Absolute garbage

So slightly different arrangement of every mass produced list from Rolling Stone to RYM

please explain

I was really disappointed with the community once I got an invite.

Also, the selection is not a vast as people like to pretend it is.

It's better than your average private tracker, but it's still fairly hit and miss.

Cheesy garbage.

Please send me an invite

[email protected]

Nah, he's pretty talented.

>Hi Scores best of BoC
>mfw

bitch more about all the free music

snes ;)

What a fucking joke. I also checked out the user voted "greatest" house and techno albums on rateyourmusic and nearly snorted my coffee.

Sure thing.

The community is fucking dogshit. Hypersensitive faggots living under airtight rocks of p4k BNM shit even more so than Sup Forums. Aside from a small circle of classical power users, it's probably the worst I've ever seen.

Tags for downloads on what are consistently terrible or lacking, the seed/snatch system in place is absolutely broken, and the selection is extremely limited.

>5 David Bowie albums

ikr, fucking cringeworthy

Tell me a few examples I'm sitting here with my coffee ready for snorting the shit out of it

what.cd is the best music site on the internet, it has pretty much everything you could want to help you get into a broad range of genres, outside of that: buy the hard to get albums. If you're one of those "music fans" who just listen to digital you don't belong on what.

>tfw there's actually a community out there worse than ours
Feels good. It is proper and righteous that we should mock them and feel superior.

one one hand, it's far more varied than the overtly rock-oriented rym top ten
on the other hand the actual selection of some of this is fucking retarded, from it having five Bowie albums to it having decent flavor of the month albums like Blackstar and Floating Points
at the very least it has Boards of Canada on it (even though that's a pretty odd pick)
I hope this is bait

LOL I don't collect physical music because I'm not a fucking Luddite, shitmonger.

I don't need to validate my hobby with arbitrary possessions and I'm relieved I'm so much better than you for feeling that way about it.

If you don't you'll never find any of the thousands of albums which aren't online, so gg on being basic af.

you're right what.cd would be way better with endless ironic shitposting and aspy pol racists. and how dare them not provide every obscure album that you can think of????? i hope you get banned faggot

also it takes almost no effort to keep your ratio up, that is assuming you're not retarded.

Why is Hardcore History on there? It is a bloody podcast.

I never said anything about me not having a physical collection, I just said that I hoped your post was bait. That's because your post is fucking idiotic.
I hope this is bait too.

/marked/

>gg on being basic af
Top tier b8.

You realize that even if there's not a digital rip somewhere online, the awareness of it is publicized, right?

I buy physical music whenever necessary, I just don't hoard it, again, because I'm not a pathetic fucking Luddite groveling in retro revival bins of useless plastic so that everyone that I have over is immediately aware, "DUDE I'M A MUSIC GUY AHAHAHA I LOVE MUSIC IT'S MY LIFE".

There will always be reddit. I say this in all seriousness, reddit for music is total trash.

I want Sup Forums to leave. Please gb2/pb/ with your low tier habits.

this
there's like two or three totally dead communities on there that aren't total shit
I've never even posted on Sup Forums you sperg
stay mad though

Damn you're right, that's probably why I've been sitting at 2.45 since I joined.

You're the kind of autist that thrives on the artificial "sekrit club" exclusivity and honest to God, I feel bad for you.

Eat shit.
Luddites like you are the saddest, most perverse creatures of the modern world. You are surrounded by amazing conveniences and opportunities for expanding and preserving human knowledge and yet you decide to hate it. You develop this fundamentally backward worldview that shuns progress, believing it to be harmful. Because you don't understand the new media you instinctively assume it is dangerous, and cling to the old with increasing desperation, instead of taking advantage of the world around you.

You forgot the lmao
let me help
LMAO

Oh boy, new age piano music
Such talent

WEED

>nils frahm
yikes

I don't even care, I like him.

DUDE

>Hiscores is the best BoC album
>Meme the Jewels
>S I X Bowie albums
>25. Queen - A Night at the Opera
What a pile o' shit.

>vinyl/casette is the only real music music formats! digital is just math! i went into music because i sucked at math!

>progress

>oh you thought progress is good?
>well that's funny
>that's real funny seeing as how it's actually bad
Isn't this the same guy that says happiness is moral bankruptcy?

Truly sorry I don't hate myself / my life. Sincerest apologies.

>mfw i'm in that screenshot
feels good as fuck man

You're famous. B~)

At least it's good to know I'm not the only person who couldn't take those retards seriously

>haze
Good taste

>zizek

I mean seriously these guys are a joke

what the fuck

Yeah it's that bad

The moderators are equally shit

ratiocucks are the worst

This

I'm just there for the collages. I don't download/upload anything.

whytho
you can literally do the exact same thing with RYM

>2016
>using what.cd
lmao

I like the collage interface a lot.

Pretty pictures everywhere. Short little descriptor tags, no hot onions.

me too

also, I subscribe to a lot of 201x collages, and I usually find so many interesting albums that way

Look for yourself
rateyourmusic.com/customchart?page=1&chart_type=top&type=album&year=alltime&genre_include=1&include_child_genres=1&genres=House, Techno&include_child_genres_chk=1&include=both&origin_countries=&limit=none&countries=

>it's actually a good list

Anyone educated in house and techno can confirm that it certainly is not.

p.s. don't get me wrong, there are some phenomenal albums in the list, they are just way too far down. For example, Daft Punk's Discovery is far above Larry Heard's Introduction.

yeah no I agree, fucking daft punk man

Bowie is so overrated it hurts.

>Devin Townsend - Ghost
How the hell is that evenen so high? It's not even his best album

I guess most people don't like metal there

treat it as you would ambient and it's pretty good. That's how I've always seen it

So glad I chose waffles instead of what.cd at the time. Look at these pebs.

>le bowie is shit ebin meme xDD

LetsTalkMusic is good for discussion and IfYouLikeBlank for recs.
Everything else is shit, even the genre specific subreddits which usually are just people posting links.

But user, it is the best BoC, maybe Geogaddi comes close

What are good music sites besides what.cd Sup Forums one thats easier to get into

where can you find this on the site?

it's easy as fuck to get in what.cd.
the hardest thing is keeping a ratio if you don't use seedbox+autodl

this is pretty accurate, especially the tag part. holy fuck abandon all hope if you snatch a lot of classical releases

>If you're one of those "music fans" who just listen to digital you don't belong on what.

Kill yourself

rutracker, soulseek, archive

p. easy to get by without a private tracker

Serious question for whatcd users: Have you ever found an album on whatcd that you couldn't find somewhere else (slsk, mega links, etc.)
Because I have a pretty "avant-teen"/"poseur" (whatever you guys are calling it now) taste and at least 90% of the times I manage to find everything I look for in slsk in good quality, and when I don't, I still find some mega link on obscure blogs or rutracker or RBT archive

>Have you ever found an album on whatcd that you couldn't find somewhere else
Yes

On extremely rare occasions, the selection will turn up something particularly rare, but don't get used to it.

how the fuck do I make power user? seeding is basically impossible, the seedboxes get it all
the average flac is 400, 500mb do I really have to upload 50 full flacs to make into pw?

Same issue.

You just gotta keep finding releases for which you can add 100% FLAC. It's not fifty, it's more like half that.

Unless you get lucky and can fill a request.

Vocalcity - luomo is an amazing album.

Sorry but there are actually 6

do MP3 converts for releases you have on FLAC
I don't know how effective it is on a home network, but the best way is to use autodl-irssi and filter by current year and artists with upcoming albums. If you get instant FLAC and 320 snatches you can easily make 5-10x ratio

ITT: no context. notice that a lot of these are tagged "staff.picks", which means they were made freeleech at some point and lots of people voted up to show appreciation. all the Bowie albums were made neutral leech after his death, so the same thing happened there. personally i have never voted on an album on wcd nor looked at an album's vote count, and i don't know of anyone who does. wcd makes no attempt whatsoever to compete with any music rating sites

I find most of the stuff I need from the archive or rutracker, I collect charts and recs from >our own wiki and RYM's lists.

My only gripe is when people here upload shit without album art. At the risk of sounding entitled - It's absolutely infuriating and unacceptable as far as quality is concerned.