So is there anyone here with knowledge of music theory who can actually list the similarities between this and nu-metal...

So is there anyone here with knowledge of music theory who can actually list the similarities between this and nu-metal? It's always been one of my fav post-hardcore albums, along with Yank Crime and now suddenly everyone's saying it's nu-metal? Have I been memed?

In the wake of our existence, in our memes and in our shitposts;
touch, see and behold the wisdom of the party program.
Essential in our lifetime and irresistible in our touch,
the great spirits proclaim that
poptimism is indeed organized crime and we are all the victims.
This next one is called Sup Forums Party Program.

BOTH HAVE CRUNCHY, BLOODY PRODUCTION WITH ERHEREAL SYNTHS OVER SOARING VOCALS

>So is there anyone here with knowledge of music theory
no

Why do you take them seriously

kekold shit

It's in no way nu-metal in my opinion, but you can really tell it's the beginning of metalcore though

I've always thought it was metalcore actually. All the slow passages to build up tension before the chorus are typical of metalcore.

There are similarities with nu-metal ( some grooves or "bouncy" riffs), though not as important to put Refused in nu-metal
Same with metalcore i guess

>ERHEREAL SYNTHS
you wot

CAN I SCREAM?

WOOOOOOOO

LET'S TAKE THE FIRST BUS OUTTA HERE

>Have I been memed

Yes, have you even listened to the record. It's like jazz with post-hardcore instrumentation and feeling, not even close to nu-metal.

>The Apollo Program Was A Hoax
>lyrics have nothing to do with the apollo program

Don't take memes too seriously, my dude.

WE DON'T HAVE THE PAAAATIENCE

WE'RE ALL DRESSED UP WE GOT SOMEWHERE TO GO

I GOT A BONE TO PICK WITH CAPITALISM
AND A FEW TO BREAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

IS IT NOISE OR SWEET SWEET MUSIC

Yes, you have been memed. There's like two songs with slightly nu-metal-ish riffs so since this is a "cool to hate" record for some reason (probably because "muh pretenshuz") some people invented this ridiculous meme that it's nu metal.

MONEYBUYSTHEACTION

it's funny tho, because honestly a lot of the instrumentals are very pleb-friendly (in that they're catchy... they know how to write a hook and the production isn't super raw or anything) but all my pleb friends who've heard me play this all say the exact same thing "LE VOCALS ARE HORRIBLE WTF"

It isn't nu-metal or post-hardcore, but it definitely had a massive influence especially on the latter and early-mid 00s FM radio rock in general (lots of super pleb bands worshipped them and such)

It's just funny who like that kind of music have no respect for the source material, but I guess that's often the case.

>It isn't nu-metal or post-hardcore
I meant to say metalcore, not post-hardcore. It is post-hardcore, duh.

what retard

GET AN ICE CREAM

why is bruitist pome #5 so underrated lads

best interlude ever they're better at doing warp records than some warp artists tbqh

Did they ever cut themselves on the straight edge?

SO WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE
JUST ABOUT ANYWHERE
DISORIENTED BUT ALIVE

BOREDOM WON'T GET ME TONIGHT

>muh capitalist oppression
>deluxe rerelease
>shellback produced comeback single

who are you le quoting XD

CAN I MEME?

??

do people still do this? this is the RATM argument and it was tired back in 1996 when people were using it against them

no-one really cares, it's just catchy music. at the end of the day, politially charged lyrics make for a much more enthralling backdrop than singing about birds or some shit.

I doubt most of refused's listeners are particularly anti-capitalist or really care about their lyrics beyond the singalong value. I certainly don't.

And everyone knows Freedom was utter shit

>caring about lyrics

>being annoyed at people literally screaming how much more moral they are right into your ear and then being total hypocrites
yes, how strange

just stop listening refused and keep listening more Drive like jehu please

WE LACK THE MOTIOON

TO MOVE TO THE NEW BEAT

This is now a dubs thread.

why? both are good

DAN JEW BEE
DAN JEW BEE
DAN JEW BEE
DAN JEW BEE
(thank you)

bump

>implies music theory has anything to do with genres
>unironically cares about genres
>this is his favorite post-hardcore album

You probably would've hated the album if it was labelled nu-metal wouldn't you? This album is easily the most overrated post-hc album.

>he thinks people can't complain about capitalism while having to operate and survive under a capitalist economic structure