Post em

Post em

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrJTZly1c7c&index=15&list=FL1mGcjD8cGrym7gFBHFcy2Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Local shill does it again

OC

SMiLE always felt like it would be the native traditional music of this weird Dr. Suess esque nation where the enite populous is made up of small children

Brian's mind at that time was in a very, very special place

You got Obama out of that?

So it's over the top and tacky as fuck?

album sucks and your image sucks kys faggot

bumpin cause this is the closest thing to a decent thread on Sup Forums right now

Fresh off the presses.

just listen to Heaven or Las Vegas

>eccojams was groundbreaking and a landmark in music production
>eccojams was fucking terrible

pick two

Template if anyone wants it.

Better template.

gr8 movie

i was in for a big fucking surprise with this one. Though it's just some boring dude that sounds like the acoustic beatles or something.

>try to get people on Sup Forums to talk about galactic railroad for ages with not a single reply
>just casually get a reply on Sup Forums like it's nothing
I knew there was a reason I come here.

qt girls doing qt things = Sup Forums

was this the first metal album you heard? why were you expecting any of that

took me a second, then i keked

so accurate

by far the worst Cocteau Twins record

I don't usually like metal but I like few albums, I just read that it was japanese metal

>worse than milk & kisses
Not even trying.

funny, I got the other way around

it's very interesting how we can perceive the same albums in such different ways. What album gave you the feeling depicted in the "what i got" square?

lots of classical and jazz music makes me feel that way

as far as albums go I can't really think of any

thanks for replying :D
Yeah, I'd say the same (also a fan of jazz but don't know enough classical).
However, I have never found classical that felt really melancholic, spiritual or depressing. I really dig Schoenberg, Messiaen, Debussy, Stravinsky, Bach. But Eric Satie was the only one who sounded melancholic to me, the others all sound way too positive. Can you recommen me some classical that is more gentle and sad (it doesnt need to be too simple or minimalistic, I actually prefer some dynamics and harmonical complexity)?

this is so spot on. Maybe some surrealistic elements are missing in that canyon...

hmmm...honestly I'm pretty new to classical, I've only been listening to it extensively for a couple months now, but maybe for melancholy try this: youtube.com/watch?v=vrJTZly1c7c&index=15&list=FL1mGcjD8cGrym7gFBHFcy2Q
technically there is a reason it is sad, he wrote it because he injured his hand and realized he would never be able to play piano again, but it's probably the best sad classical piece I've heard...

some of the artists you listed I actually haven't listened to yet. I do like Schoenberg and Stravinsky a lot, and I've enjoyed some Debussy and Bach, but I don't think I've heard Messiaen or Satie...classical is really amazing but there's an enormous amount to explore, a lot of composers have written hundreds of pieces so it's not like a regular musician where you can just listen to their discography in a week or even days.

yeah, it's fucking annoying how much stuff is out there and how little we'll be able to hear in a lifetime. The problem is even bigger if you are interested in film, literature and art in general.

I personally find it very wonderful to know that I will never run out of new music to enjoy as long as I live. It feels motivating and like all the struggles I and people in general go through are worth it. I'm glad there's no finishing point to reach, at least not in an amount of time that is humanly possible.

Accurate.

Reminder who Brent DiCrescenzo is

>literally states he gave nyc ghosts & flowers 0/10 because he's from chicago and doesn't like new york in reviews
>retards still believe the album is irredeemable garbage

I think p4k could have changed the score. They did so with Andrew W.K., so why they do keep that turd of a review is a mystery to me. I guess it gives them traffic

Because they shaped public opinion with that review, and it hasn't been changed by anything else as the album never gained popularity by its own.
It's not embarrassing for them because everyone believes them.

Is that a banana and a blue string

This album knocked me out of my ass the first time i heard it
Wouldcry/10

Accurate

Cringepost/10

What do you think of their other stuff? I love Flood, but Amplifier Worship is my favourite
I honestly expected prog judging from the album cover, got one of my favourite albums of all time instead

What the fuck does this even mean?

Is DiCrescenzo legitimately autistic?

They hired him right out of college. He's grown up since then, and said he regrets the NYC G&F review

very accurate
fuck the haters they probably havent even heard the album.

it's gonna be Sup Forumscore in a year just wait

the point is he's crying

>Heaven or Las Vegas

which one should i listen to first?

yes

>it's gonna be Sup Forumscore in a year just wait
It won't be, newfag.

They didn't change I Get Wet's score, they reviewed its 10th anniversary re-release. NYC Ghost and Flowers hasn't been re-released.

That Sup Forumsermin like him need to get the fuck out

How can you expect that with that kind of album cover?

implying Sup Forums will even exist in a year's time

pretty good.

accurate
where is the second picture from?

Wasn't it reissued on vinyl recently?

Thanks, I actually read some interviews with Shields and these albums at the picture were pretty much his key influences as far as I can tell.

It's interesting that he mentions Dinosaur Jr. over and over specifically because they sounded "raw" compared to the standard over-produced "British" sound. It's easy to forget MBV were from UK, they sounded more aggressive than some US bands.

what album is this third time i ask s.m.h.

Have you ever seen Lawrance of Arabia?

>maybe some surrealistic elements missing in that canyon
Hope your AP exams are going well.

dude

just save the picture, crop it, and reverse image search

why not just say the album name instead of making everyone go through all that effort

cool to see they were influenced by spacemen 3. Underrated imo. Not my favorite by them but still.

because i dont know what album it is, im not the user who posted that

it takes like 30 seconds to find out

MBV aren't strictly from the UK dude, kevin shields is irish and is the genius behind the whole thing

they belong more by ireland than britain

nvm i looked up the artist that painted the Love Of Life and White Light covers and found it

w-what do you mean user? You know something we don't that'll end this board?

does anyone have the "Kid A" one?

nope but i got the Kid A1

Yep, they played with them (and after all both bands were from UK, they HAD to hear about each other).

Spacemen 3 is very underrated IMO. Their hypnotic blues-shoegaze predates a lot of other musicians.

Yeah, I know, but after the countries share a border, and UK music market was bigger. It's just a generalization

is a album about imperial Japan & Gundams

they're even named after a gundam

That's a fitting filename, I'll give you that