I have vivid synesthesia

I have vivid synesthesia.

Post a song and ask me what flavor, temperature, or color it is (colors change with verses moreso than other things), also which muscle groups it resonates in

also general questions are fine

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_AWIqXzvX-U
youtube.com/watch?v=TIKktsl0deY
youtube.com/watch?v=lx9-fjlh7Y4
youtube.com/watch?v=TrWZp6jzpeI
youtube.com/watch?v=dUkggdQW2xE
youtube.com/watch?v=aS9eGMbOSvA
youtube.com/watch?v=iuZdqzn1Fsc
youtube.com/watch?v=iJYyPLKJcFc
youtube.com/watch?v=0FWf7ONmNWE
youtube.com/watch?v=jrTEKlrUdFI
youtube.com/watch?v=sYxlugz28IQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tKi9Z-f6qX4&ab_channel=UltraMusic
youtube.com/watch?v=aMbAPx_m6Mo
youtu.be/opScvWanl1U
youtube.com/watch?v=uZ3DHGutU3w
youtube.com/watch?v=texLBftB2dA
youtube.com/watch?v=lf6vCjtaV1k
youtube.com/watch?v=SaWmWTTIF9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=nVmuRLUyeJo&list=PLwIKPGoLUjo34jg7rPLZFblZi6lSIjFs6&index=12
youtube.com/watch?v=QHkfcdYee1U
youtube.com/watch?v=7MLJ5WTssZk
youtube.com/watch?v=VJhgwxSTHDs
youtube.com/watch?v=iX7OSL085Do
youtube.com/watch?v=Fzzw5fNAumw
youtube.com/watch?v=xWL7dcjJ7mk
youtube.com/watch?v=FPu37U8ZJVI
youtube.com/watch?v=KCWwtH9Yr54
youtube.com/watch?v=KMNbW6DLB14
youtu.be/emhcyZgZdKk
youtu.be/hIB4FzGxZ9c
youtube.com/watch?v=QWR0-s30WsY
youtube.com/watch?v=Wtn7mNNqvqA
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9AKLtJZ7k
youtube.com/watch?v=4lXIfV7qFFE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=_AWIqXzvX-U
What do you think about this?

Holy shit, I'm listening to that song right now

That song is a horizontal vortex of vibrant blue, green, and gold/white in pastel tones.

It doesn't have a taste, just a heaviness on my tongue like magnesium or something.

I can feel it in my lower legs, but it also vibrates up my sides and hugs me

It feels like I'm walking very slowly through that vortex towards the sun, and the sun does have a taste and it's mostly just leafy, with no temperature to the taste It smells like warm dirt

It is pretty awesome, user

youtube.com/watch?v=TIKktsl0deY

youtube.com/watch?v=lx9-fjlh7Y4

That song makes my chest tingle in an anxious way, it makes me see lots of brown blankets and sun pouring through a window, it smells like someone's cooking but I can't tell at all what it is, because there's also the smell of a musky rug
The vocals start, and the song becomes very silver, mostly just silver skyscrapers, but there's no one in them or anything.

youtube.com/watch?v=TrWZp6jzpeI

youtube.com/watch?v=dUkggdQW2xE

I need to know.

youtube.com/watch?v=aS9eGMbOSvA

That song makes me see a ridiculous amount of cats dancing, specifically at night in a well lit pseudo-kyoto type small town. There's lots of orange lights and no taste at all, but the faint smell of raspberry sake

it makes me very aroused actually

cloudy waterfalls everywhere, the most sky blue water. There are happy sea creatures swimming below where the waterfall ends. It tastes like maybe tangerines? It's very faint, I can smell it more than taste it.

youtube.com/watch?v=iuZdqzn1Fsc

Let's see if our sensations align

youtube.com/watch?v=iJYyPLKJcFc

you can skip to the melody at around 1:30

youtube.com/watch?v=0FWf7ONmNWE

smells like old fabrics that aren't actually that old.. just untouched for awhile
makes me see lots of floating lights across strings (like you'd see at a wedding?)
there's stuff going on all around, but only the lights are really visible

youtube.com/watch?v=jrTEKlrUdFI

What's the flavor of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=sYxlugz28IQ

makes me smell extremely rich air, like I'm very high up - the song is very sky blue and I feel it in my throat, it makes me want to open my mouth, as if it's trying to come through

random chemical smell I can't identify as well, nothing harsh though

Some sort of less-sweet butterscotch-caramel candy, with a tiny bit of spice like cinnamon

youtube.com/watch?v=tKi9Z-f6qX4&ab_channel=UltraMusic

I recommend the full song but im mainly curious about 6:30 onwards.

cool

youtube.com/watch?v=aMbAPx_m6Mo
Tbh I feel like synesthesia would be awesome if you could turn it off

I didn't hear this song until much later, but this song makes me feel like I'm 11, back in sub-rural florida in my darkish room, playing runescape. It's cozy and all, but makes me a little sad.

I can't smell or taste it. It vibrates in my lower back and makes me want to stop listening after about 30 seconds of it :(

sounds like a cool feeling, unfortunate to hear about the back vibes

That song tastes and looks like oolong tea, but a little deeper.

It makes me see myself deep in a brown beanbag chair also, with nothing but brown wood panel walls around me, and the sight of a cup of tea..

at 4:12 it shifts strongly enough that it makes me want to stop listening - it makes me see a really nasty beach and smell it too, I don't like it then.

Noice. I usually see it in my head as interwoven threads (the same color as the album artwork) over a lake with pulsating lights under the surface of the water.

thanks

youtu.be/opScvWanl1U

what about this one? it's the less i know the better by tame impala

What's the color and where's it resonate?

youtube.com/watch?v=uZ3DHGutU3w

makes me feel like I'm holding an ice cream cone and walking down a boardwalk, the ice cream seems to smell like some sort of birthday cake flavor. It's set during sunset, on a very very uneventful day, sadly so.

This is a really long boardwalk by the way, like on the coast of some utopian version of chicago

I always thought it had a kind of fruity sound. Not any specific fruit, just fruit in general.

What does Boris sound like?

youtube.com/watch?v=texLBftB2dA

it's black, like smoke darting horizontally across my eyes, until it picks up - then it's gunmetal grey and black smoke that's just pouring out of thin air in front of me, but I could look away from it if I wanted, it doesn't follow very fast.

It doesn' really resonate anywhere but my head.

Don't have any specific request with this song, just say whatever you feel like saying
youtube.com/watch?v=lf6vCjtaV1k

youtube.com/watch?v=SaWmWTTIF9Y

screaming butterflies trying to get into an enclosure that I'm in, I see soft red lights and pillows on the walls inside this spherical enclosure, outside seems to be a misty forest with super tall, thin trees

do you enjoy having symistheasia? does it ever get annoying?

>he didn't like URRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Pleb tier synesthesia desu senpai

makes me see a heaveyset southern dad fucking his daughter on a couch, neither of them are particularly high-energy about it, it just seems comfy.
Tastes like some sort of blue raspberry soda.. something cheap.

The pair seem to be happy to be sad together.

I just realized the song is named fall on me, strange because the father is in a position like missionary, but he's standing and fucking down into her with her legs up on the couch, but not front-ways, over the side. There are blankets all around, like he's very concerned with her being comfortable

I enjoy it mostly, but it can put me in places I don't want to be

It's extremely irritating when a song brings me to a place I DO like, but someone interrupts it. It makes the simulation crash, so to speak.

I can get high off of select songs, and that's a huge plus - sometimes I have to pair them with other things though, and use it in moderation for full effect.

For example, if I don't wear a jacket when it's cold out, and I listen to Shadowface by Bladee, I get very euphoric, peaceful highs. Doing it too often though is risky, it might stop happening. If I know a song well enough that I can anticipate the lyrics, it takes away 'the simulation' and flow

sounds fun as fucc

You still here OP?
What about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=nVmuRLUyeJo&list=PLwIKPGoLUjo34jg7rPLZFblZi6lSIjFs6&index=12

It's a long one, so you can skip through a little bit if you want. What does this one feel like? How hot or cold is it? Does it taste metallic? Or perhaps creamy? I must know.

My childhood Disney memories are cmoing forward, for some reason I see Dodger from "Oliver and Company" listening to this, it's incredibly peaceful and the only temperature I can feel is a little cold around my legs, like there's some light fog fallen on a city main street.

All of the dogs are doing heroin and masturbating with their eyes closed, they're dying, I can't keep listening to this.

youtube.com/watch?v=QHkfcdYee1U

Color and resonation pls

Lime green and grey, extremely boring colors that don't fit at all

shoulders and upper arms

progresses to blue and white sparkles, like water droplets in the air that are much more pleasant its resonation is weird, it feels like I'm the one creating the sounds

Yep, sounds like Swans all right. Miserable and existential.
Let's try something a little happier.
youtube.com/watch?v=7MLJ5WTssZk
What does this taste like, or bring to mind?
Does it taste like chocolate?

this is going to maybe sound unfavorable to you but this smells like balls, like my nose is between a guy's dick and sack.. it's earthy and dry, I like it
It feels like I'm in rural georgia or ohio with lots of morning dew all around and the sun coming through forests in the background
The guy whose balls my nose are touching has no head, he disappears above the torso..

There are people behind me having a party. I think they're from oregon or something - they have quilts and are being polite amongst themselves, but I'm invisible to them

Wait no, I'm not invisible to them, only the man is - the people behind me seem to respect that I'm just on my knees in the grass - they don't care at all, I think they're drinking shroom tea, but not a high dose?

No, no, this is a completely acceptable answer, especially for Ween. I'm just curious as to what sensations you may be feeling.
Let's try another.
youtube.com/watch?v=VJhgwxSTHDs
If the noise is too harsh for you in the beginning or end, feel free to skip.

I immediately saw japanese school girls having their throats slice back and forth by strings.
The rest of the song is just me walking through a foggy shopping district, like an outside mall - there's nobody around even though it's operating hours.. it smells just like it looks, like foggy, oxygen rich air, but I can also smell wood and burning candles from one of the shops.. No, it's more like sawdust, because it's just wood burning, no real candle flavor.
I really want to get some coffee, and it looks like there are a couple of shops at the end of this strip. I appear to be in Thailand and tenneesee mixed together.

Interesting stuff, man.
Here's a fairly short one. (because loop)
youtube.com/watch?v=iX7OSL085Do
Keep this thread alive, man, this is the coolest shit i've seen all week

youtube.com/watch?v=Fzzw5fNAumw

What color?
Where do you feel it?

youtube.com/watch?v=xWL7dcjJ7mk

It's a long track (12 minutes) and pretty intense at points, but I'm curious about what you feel from this

youtube.com/watch?v=FPu37U8ZJVI

What the hell did you take OP

I need to go to bed soon, so I'm gonna do one more before I wind down. New job tomorrow.

This song is just mostly unpleasant.. all I see is lots of dusty rooms, and I don't want to listen to it. It looks like these are rooms from the 50s or something, and all the kids that inhabited them died long ago

haha gay

Dudes with long black hair are aggressively shooting like, black firehoses at each other, it's non-lethal obviously but they seem to be taking it very seriously, it smells like something electrical is burning.

Last one. Know you probably don't want more Swans, but this song has a lot of meaning to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=KCWwtH9Yr54
Just skip through if you wish.

(swans guy here, neurosis is a hella cool band desu)

John Coltrane - Ascension

I want to know what it sounds like to you

Link

youtube.com/watch?v=KMNbW6DLB14

a long line of people are turning in their clothes and belongings and preparing to walk down a very long , single file line that stretches over the sea and passes the horizon, I have no idea where they're going but no one's saying a word
children are trying to ask the adults what's happening, but they aren't even acknowledging the kids. it smells like some gentle chemical has been sprayed everywhere and it's also clouded the light, giving the illusion of fog.

aroun 8:20 I can see where they're going, it's the mouth of a whale-like thing thousands of times bigger than a real one, but I don't think they're going in there to die - I think they're going somewhere very important

Thanks for the inspo man, that shit sounds incredible.
I'm going to bed, thanks a lot for your insight.
Night night.

so having synesthesia is like being very very high?

Don't listen to the whole thing if you don't want to, just some sections
youtu.be/emhcyZgZdKk

youtu.be/hIB4FzGxZ9c

Im curious!

youtube.com/watch?v=QWR0-s30WsY

Its like lying on the internet

youtube.com/watch?v=Wtn7mNNqvqA

How about this?
youtube.com/watch?v=oZ9AKLtJZ7k

from one of the best albums of all time:

>White Noise - An Electric Storm
youtube.com/watch?v=4lXIfV7qFFE